oneBoro Forum

Boro v Wigan (A) 2-2 (Wing 2)

Where has our threat down the sides gone? Coulson and Spence were smashing it before hand, now they've got no protection behind them and Howson isnt getting further forward like spence did..

Why change a winning formula?

• Like 1
  • Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boro will be hitting the road once again, in search of their first win since their 2-0 victory at Preston on New Year's Day...blimey that seems a long time ago now! A spirited, though ultimately

We'd hopefully appoint a decent manager or head coach with the ability to succeed here I suppose.  I don't think Woodgate has demonstrated even slightly that he is that person and that's with people s

We were a mess yesterday, the players looked clueless and that is absolutely down to the manager in my opinion.  If you change your system and the players don't know what they are supposed to be doing

Posted Images

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Britt has offered nothing because those behind him are doing nothing. He's playing on the last man and the ball never comes to him. Every time Britt comes deep tonight is a failure of our team collectively. Expecting him to do more tonight so far is slightly akin to what Pulis would expect.

I think you're offering a cop-out excuse to Assomblonga tbh

It seems the clamour for 4.3.3, which was pretty strong in build up to the game, is fast dying. And the clamour for the 3 at the back, which was seemingly unpopular pre match, has found popularity again.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Where has our threat down the sides gone? Coulson and Spence were smashing it before hand, now they've got no protection behind them and Howson isnt getting further forward like spence did..

Why change a winning formula?

ultimately he wants to play 4-3-3 so I guess he's trying to go back to that. If we keep playing 3 CB's then we're never gonna actually adapt to 433 and the best we're really gonna achieve this seaosn is mid table... so might aswell suck it up a bit I think

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Britt has offered nothing because those behind him are doing nothing. He's playing on the last man and the ball never comes to him. Every time Britt comes deep tonight is a failure of our team collectively. Expecting him to do more tonight so far is slightly akin to what Pulis would expect.

I agree, but that’s what gonna happen tonight. Whenever we get the ball, the whole Wigan team just get 10 men behind the ball. They are making it hard for us in fairness. That’s why I think it’s pointless having two strikers on the pitch. Better off using the width tonight.

1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

It doen't matter, cause they won't get it

Woodgate has had 32 games now  and the team has no identity or gameplan. It's his job to drill a vision into the side yet it seems we just hope for the best. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

ultimately he wants to play 4-3-3 so I guess he's trying to go back to that. If we keep playing 3 CB's then we're never gonna actually adapt to 433 and the best we're really gonna achieve this seaosn is mid table... so might aswell suck it up a bit I think

And he needs to adapt to the fact we don't have the players for it. You can't force Britt, Fletch and a random midfielder into a front three, and we don't have a LB or RB, we have two young wing backs and a midfielder.  Play the tactics to fit the players we have.

8 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

i honestly think some of our players cannot understand a game plan .. 

They don't, not even a little bit.  However, I'm not convinced that there is much of a game plan.  I can't believe we're stuck with this bloke as manager 😟

• Like 1

Wow we are bad in the final third. Some neat passing about and movement until we reach their penalty box. It’s almost like they are purposely letting us have the ball because we are so bad at creating anything of use. McNair needs to come off and get Spence on.