oneBoro Forum

Boro v Wigan (A) 2-2 (Wing 2)

10 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I think I'm with you on this.

It may have been awful "anti-football" but at least we were organised and not easy to beat.

The way we play now, its like someone gave a bunch of random strangers Boro kits and said, "go have a kickabout".

I can't see Woodgate leaving this season which means it's just a write off for me, he certainly isn't learning anything and I don't think there's been anything to say next season will be different.

• Like 3
  • Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boro will be hitting the road once again, in search of their first win since their 2-0 victory at Preston on New Year's Day...blimey that seems a long time ago now! A spirited, though ultimately

We'd hopefully appoint a decent manager or head coach with the ability to succeed here I suppose.  I don't think Woodgate has demonstrated even slightly that he is that person and that's with people s

We were a mess yesterday, the players looked clueless and that is absolutely down to the manager in my opinion.  If you change your system and the players don't know what they are supposed to be doing

Posted Images

Back to wingbacks me thinks. The only width we have. I’d like to think Woodgate is learning and as I can’t see him leaving anytime soon, I think we have to back him and hope he has a vision for where he wants to take this team. 
The midfield needs sorting. Hasn’t found a formula that works yet. 

• Thanks 1

Young players with an inexperienced coaching team is never going to end well. I feel like we missed a trick by not hiring Pearson , I said way back before he got the Watford job we should have got him and as predicted he’s got Watford playing some good football with passion ( they looked dead certs to go down before he came in ) . As much as I liked woody as a player I was gutted when he got the job , we know we aren’t going to be able to spend much again in the summer so we need to look at someone with experience that can build a championship promotion team on a budget and coach the existing players to be better. Unfortunately I doubt woodgate is the man to do that 

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I think I'm with you on this.

It may have been awful "anti-football" but at least we were organised and not easy to beat.

The way we play now, its like someone gave a bunch of random strangers Boro kits and said, "go have a kickabout".

Completely agree player's seem to be strangers to each other. I don't understand what they do at training as I mean the same problems occur week in week out. How many goals have we conceded from crosses this season. Woody seems to just name a team and his team talk consists of good luck guys give it your best shot. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, mj south said:

Our game management is terrible, to not be able to hold on to a 2-1 lead against a bottom 3 side that's down to 10 men is embarrassing and dare I say it..............wouldn't of happened if Karanka was in charge

Or Pulis

29 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Tbh i thought he was having a steady game until his yellow card. Thought that was going to be a red.

However, he 22 and coming in to a new league so he needs time imo. Certainly seen parts of his game which are positive. Other parts which need work on but hopefully that will come more he plays

Brentford and today Makoudi gave away needless free kicks in dangerous positions.

Reminds me so much of Andre Bikey

On the positive side .. 

Once again we have shown it's not game over, when the opposition scores first as it was under Pulis .. 

Wing is on Fire .. That's good, except when you are flying a plane 

We have 14 games to go where 8 of them are at home.

• Like 1

Once again not capable of putting a solid consistent performance together, a point against a team 3rd from bottom and down to 10 men, its a poor  result in my honest opinion.

Luton on Saturday, should be confident of picking up 3 points but I'm not, because this team has got into the habit of not being capable of dominating a game or winning one for that matter, not much confidence in this lot at all. Haven't got a clue what they do with regard to training or set pieces. 

• Like 1

Woodgate has no idea how to set us up with a back four. We look far too sloppy and disorganised. It’s a huge concern for next season as it’s a damning indictment on Woodgate’s coaching ability.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Woodgate has no idea how to set us up with a back four. We look far too sloppy and disorganised. It’s a huge concern for next season as it’s a damning indictment on Woodgate’s coaching ability.

The whole season is.  As horrible as it is for me to say it, I'd be delighted if he was sacked tomorrow.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'd go so far as calling the Luton game a must win.

Barnsley away will be a test, and then we've got two very difficult games against Leeds and Forest. That 7 points could shrink rapidly.

Luton and Barnsley are both must win games. We are unlikely to get any points against Leeds or Forest. Therefore we must get maximum points against the bottom two to stop us falling into the drop zone. 

• Like 1