oneBoro Forum

Boro v Wigan (A) 2-2 (Wing 2)

1 minute ago, chickenlunch said:

? he looks fine to me so far. There are some FAR worse performances out there.

I don't think he stands out from any of the midfielders at all so far. Saville is the only one who's looked okay at times but then he is at the base of the diamond. He's beating the press once or twice and the players in front of him are never moving or playing as a unit. McNair has been a headless chicken and giving Hugill a run for his money as far as falling over is concerned, Wing can't decide how he wants to play and Morrison has far too often come deep to get involved. Fletch sometimes is coming deep to get more involved but he's not been at the races.

Wigan have not played well. They've given us the ball to play, we've kept possession and done nothing with it. There's a whole bloody pitch to run around in and out midfielders don't seem to see the space around them.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boro will be hitting the road once again, in search of their first win since their 2-0 victory at Preston on New Year's Day...blimey that seems a long time ago now! A spirited, though ultimately

We'd hopefully appoint a decent manager or head coach with the ability to succeed here I suppose.  I don't think Woodgate has demonstrated even slightly that he is that person and that's with people s

We were a mess yesterday, the players looked clueless and that is absolutely down to the manager in my opinion.  If you change your system and the players don't know what they are supposed to be doing

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, JMC91 said:

Britt should never have come back into the side. He’d done nothing before his injury to say he should be in as soon as he’s fit. He looks miles off the pace anyway and has stifled at least two promising attacking positions. Nmecha would be a much better option at the moment. 

Yep Britt is fast becoming a pain in the *******

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think he stands out from any of the midfielders at all so far. Saville is the only one who's looked okay at times but then he is at the base of the diamond. He's beating the press once or twice and the players in front of him are never moving or playing as a unit. McNair has been a headless chicken and giving Hugill a run for his money as far as falling over is concerned, Wing can't decide how he wants to play and Morrison has far too often come deep to get involved. Fletch sometimes is coming deep to get more involved but he's not been at the races.

Wigan have not played well. They've given us the ball to play, we've kept possession and done nothing with it. There's a whole bloody pitch to run around in and out midfielders don't seem to see the space around them.

Ravel seems neat and tidy enough though, I don't recall him giving the ball away yet - more than can be said for McNair or Wing

• Like 1

Yeah why does McNair look like a donkey now😂 every time he gets the ball he just runs with it, without ever having real control of it, being off balance, in then then passing it backwards or falling on his ***. He literally just sprints with the ball.

Our December-January best period came playing 5 at the back, the evidence from the rest of the time is not great this 433 formation without wingers just has always made us look painfully disjointed and defensively we just don't hold a line as well or defend crosses as well.

I'm really not sold on the 433 it was awful in August it still looks awful in February.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Half time stats:

Possession (%)

Wigan 37 - 63 Boro

Shots (on target)

Wigan 3 (3) - 5 (0) Boro

Corners

Wigan 1 - 3 Boro

Fouls (cards)

Wigan 10 (1) - 4 (0) Boro

Really worried that we couldn't muster a single shot on target against one of the worst sides in the league. Coming off the back of the Brentford game, I expected Boro to be much more of an attacking force. Seems we're back to the same old ***. 😡

Woodgate simply learns nothing or at least we don’t see what his plan is. The only thing I see is a weakness on the wings, we can’t defend set pieces and concede first. I think we will do what we normally do and go for it in the second half so expect a draw but I think we will win this. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, JMC91 said:

Britt should never have come back into the side. He’d done nothing before his injury to say he should be in as soon as he’s fit. He looks miles off the pace anyway and has stifled at least two promising attacking positions. Nmecha would be a much better option at the moment. 

Britt has offered nothing because those behind him are doing nothing. He's playing on the last man and the ball never comes to him. Every time Britt comes deep tonight is a failure of our team collectively. Expecting him to do more tonight so far is slightly akin to what Pulis would expect.

• Like 2

On a different note.

Roberts is such a massive miss to this team. Someone so comfortable and technical sound with ball in the attacking areas. Only player who can beat a man.

Him and Ravel in the same team could be quite something if they ever get a chance. 

• Like 1