• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right then, first of all to address borodane referring to a ‘Middle Eastern despot’. I’m going to assume that’s a reference to Man City’s owners. They are morally repulsive, and if I was a Man City fa

Hope not considering your user name. 😬🤣🤣

Blackburn got relegated with 51 points the season we were in the Prem. 4 of the last 5 seasons, 42 points has been enough. Comparing both 16/17, 18/19 and this season after ~32 games, the bottom

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Who definitely thought we were finishing in the play-offs?

Didn't think we had a chance, but a mate, (backs Boro every year) had £50 on at 33/1 to win the league, he asked my opinion, and I told him he'd done his 50 notes in. There's optimism and then there's downright daft. 

26 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Didn't think we had a chance, but a mate, (backs Boro every year) had £50 on at 33/1 to win the league, he asked my opinion, and I told him he'd done his 50 notes in. There's optimism and then there's downright daft. 

As far as bets on daft things go, you could have had plenty of laughs on the 5000/1 on Leicester at the time too. But that's the risk, those are the odds and if you're to win off it, someone has to beat the odds. There's a reason we were 33/1 and why he'd have won a wonderful £1.7k back from it if it had come off. Because it wasn't impossible to happen, just improbable.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

As far as bets on daft things go, you could have had plenty of laughs on the 5000/1 on Leicester at the time too. But that's the risk, those are the odds and if you're to win off it, someone has to beat the odds. There's a reason we were 33/1 and why he'd have won a wonderful £1.7k back from it if it had come off. Because it wasn't impossible to happen, just improbable.

I agree but given the squad and a rookie manager in charge, its the type of bet a bookie laps up, they slip up now and again but they love the mug punter, its why they're billionaires.

• Like 1

We are definitely in a relegation battle. Fact we are even having such a discussion should answer that question imo.

I think Hull, who are on 40pts, and teams below are not yet safe.

I told myself I will not rest easy until we have 50pts. Therefore 13pts to go. Obviously i might not rest easy on 50pts depending on how team from 3rd bottom is doing but i feel that  50pts is initial target we should be looking at to "feel" safe.

I'm concerned about relegation this season and also next season even if we keep up this season. The amount of soft goals that we have conceded this season is pathetic. The reason we can't string a consistent run of form or even a consistent 90 minutes is because we aren't organised enough to keep clean sheets, especially with the protection that our defence gets from midfield. It's amateur stuff. There's no way that we'd have conceded the goals against Wigan under a high quality coach like Karanka.

Gibson has essentially given his mate Woodgate the job for the foreseeable future unless we're looking in serious danger of relegation. We're not a serious club that is striving for promotion. It's like your boss as work leaving and being replaced by the apprentice, who will need several years to POSSIBLY get up to an adequate standard. We simply don't have years to let drift away in the hope that Woodgate turns out to be good enough.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, p_mards said:

I'm concerned about relegation this season and also next season even if we keep up this season. The amount of soft goals that we have conceded this season is pathetic. The reason we can't string a consistent run of form or even a consistent 90 minutes is because we aren't organised enough to keep clean sheets, especially with the protection that our defence gets from midfield. It's amateur stuff. There's no way that we'd have conceded the goals against Wigan under a high quality coach like Karanka.

Gibson has essentially given his mate Woodgate the job for the foreseeable future unless we're looking in serious danger of relegation. We're not a serious club that is striving for promotion. It's like your boss as work leaving and being replaced by the apprentice, who will need several years to POSSIBLY get up to an adequate standard. We simply don't have years to let drift away in the hope that Woodgate turns out to be good enough.

The defense is far from blameless, but the main problem is the midfield, if you keep losing the ball, and stray passing you end up putting the defense under unnecessary pressure, its exactly the same when we sit far too deep and invite pressure, that again is either down to the midfield or poor instructions coming from the touchline

• Like 3

were deffo in a position of having to beware of getting relegated for me, that comes as no real suprise given the choice of manager the top man made. woodgate is a boy in a mans world and the way things have materialised adds smoke to that fire. its almost like woodgate recieves a special gift from a rich uncle but being not the brightest star in the sky and having a destructive nature ,he is  way too thick and clumsy to work out how to operate the gift, how to look after it and how to understand how it even works in the first place. the first three months after getting it he coulnt get his brain round how it works and how to assemble it properlythen he resorts to just pressing every button blindly to see what happens amd miraculously he stumbles upon a setting that provides a good performance ,but then being both thick and destructively inclined he fiddles once again thus breaking it . how many children have had to be told in the past.....dont keep fiddling about with it ,youll break it.  it was a breakage waiting to happen and maybe the issue of blame lies with the gift being given to the wrong person in the first place so the rich uncle carries the can on that maybe he is just a bad judge of people and thier abilities to succeed. 

having said all that theres other problems within the club ,notably the recruitment and scouting personnel , the coaching staffand the players themselves.

to single out a few players i,d mention firstly the midfielders , we have plenty to choose from but amazingly there all ,at present completely devoid of both affectin our attack and preventing teams attacking us . Clayton was argueably the best defensive midfielder in this division under Karanka but these days hes slow across the ground ,offers nothing offensively (or anything beyond half way) and seems to have completely forgotten how to cover for othersand spot danger, which were his top attributes. Mc nairand Saville were bought when not needed and never seem to do any thing of note  Howson ,this season has proved to be a valuable player but not in the way many hoped or even envisaged with midfielder abilities. he slots in quite adequately as a makeshift defender and im not sure anyone saw that coming, 

unfortunately and blaming nobody ,we lost our first choice goalkeeper and again possibly the best in this division but PEARS and Mejijas cant have filled anyone with confidence as replacements

defenders,  in a season littered with doom and gloom what a welcome plus point or at least something to give a modicum of optomism is the emergence of Spence and Coulson,  flint leaving was also a positive in my eyes. so that leaves AYALA who by default of Randolph leaving and the sheer inadequcies of the others ,still may walk away easily with player of the season , hes had off days, but escapes ridicule imo. FRY on the other hand has  suddenly become poor in every dept defensively and his value has possibly nosedived in many poeples minds. i still think theres a good player there and would put his drop in performance down to having to operate on the left side of the CD rather than his obviously preferred right .

up front theres always been a problem but surely its time to put Britt and us fans out of misery and try someone new. Fletcher unsuprisingly to me has got a teeny weeny bit better  

of the remaing players Tav and Wing come out with a little bit of praise as they have showed a will to move forwards rather than sideways or backwards at odd times.  Shotton i can cope with either keeping or letting go. anyone else not mentioned as yet doesnt warrant a mention.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Lord_Moose said:

Luton won which will give them confidence going into the weekend and lord knows we don't like teams with confidence! 

We don't do very well against teams who aren't confident, either. Basically, we don't do very well full stop. Luton's players must be licking their lips after watching us last night.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
16 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

You had a daft punt on us, didn't you? 🤑😋