oneBoro Forum

Relegation Battle

Worrying to hear that the director's box was empty today. If we have to sit through this  s**t, so should the man who has caused most of it.

I did think that was weird looking over. Like, one of them missing would seem to be fine but why all of them? Very strange. Anyone ITK aware of why they weren't there? Maybe Gibbo had it down as a coupon buster and would rather be anywhere else than the Riverside?

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right then, first of all to address borodane referring to a ‘Middle Eastern despot’. I’m going to assume that’s a reference to Man City’s owners. They are morally repulsive, and if I was a Man City fa

Hope not considering your user name. 😬🤣🤣

Blackburn got relegated with 51 points the season we were in the Prem. 4 of the last 5 seasons, 42 points has been enough. Comparing both 16/17, 18/19 and this season after ~32 games, the bottom

Posted Images

1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

I fervently hope we pull a couple of good performances out of the bag and survive, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we didn't pick up a single point in the rest of the season. Woodgate hasn't got a clue what to do, and most of the players look like they've chucked it. We've got a hard run-in, zero confidence, and no discernible tactics. And the teams below us are picking up form.

Worrying to hear that the director's box was empty today. If we have to sit through this  s**t, so should the man who has caused most of it.

Thats what scared and annoyed me so much about today's shambles.

If we can't beat Luton at home, (can't even muster a single shot on target), can we realistically expect to pick up any more points this season?

If we put in any more performances like this...we won't.

Next game is away at Barnsley, who are fighting relegation. Then 2 tough home games against Leeds and Forest. Then we've got Charlton at home.

A couple of games ago, I'd have said we'd get points against Barnsley & Charlton with some confidence.

Now...I wouldn't put any money on it.

I think this might be the game that tipped me into the IDGAF mindset for the rest of the season. We seem to have hit rock bottom.

Sure, we might get relegated, which technically would be worse, but I think it will take something like that to give Gibson the slap round the face he needs to wake up and actually take some action.

• Like 1

Barnsley is massive game and their playing style is abit like Norwich in the Premiership full of young hungry players who feel privileged to be playing in the championship. Especially after they have just dominated Fulham away they be full of confidence and believe they have a chance seeing beating us as the spring board to the great escape. 

• Like 1

Woodgate tried to talk up and sell his vision and because he was local fans give more patience than any manager has ever been given. As each game played out Woodgate talked the talk bigging himself up, but as each game passed he was clearly seen as being out of his depth. Progressively we witnessed players played out of position, strange formations, constant changes and never once have we seen lessons learnt or improvement. We have his seen choice of players arrive and loaned or sat on the bench which all adds up to inconsistency, cluelessness. 

I guess SG is to blame but surly he must have thought even an average manager could keep this team above water. How wrong he was. 
Before the last two games I was convinced we would end the season mid season, I am no longer convinced, but I still believe we can achieve the points to survive, well I hope we can. 

I feel for Woody but I am more worried for the club and the club is bigger than anyone man. Sacrifice needs to be made now before its to late.. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Barnsley will beat us, can almost guarantee it.

I don’t think many would disagree. The problem is, should by some devine intervention we did win there is nothing Woody has done to convince me he learns anything, and we will simply stumble on until the next failure. 

I read what he stated in the EG and his response of blaming players and that worries me by fact at no point did he take ownership. This has me believing either he has admitted failure and given up, or, he simply cannot not see how bad the situation is. Is Woody ignorant or arrogant. Simple question the media should ask. Woody, when appointed what was the plan, what do you think has gone wrong and how will you correct the mistakes. 

No one wants the club to fail and neither do they a manager, but SG has tested the patience of fans to the brink of destruction. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Barnsley will beat us, can almost guarantee it.

2 hours ago, BoroAbroad said:

The sad thing is I believe that would not be the final nail in the coffin for Woodgate.

I would imagine that long walk past the packed away end after a defeat at Oakwell will be the nail in the coffin. Judging by the mood if nothing is done season tickets will take a hammering. 

We are not playing well atm and confidence is low but..... we won’t go down. We’re a half decent side in an awful, awful run. We weren’t going to get a play off spot after winning 4 in a row any more or less than we won’t go down on the back of this awful run. Polarised opinions are normal on a message forum but I suspect the reality is somewhere in between (or in our case, nearer the bottom, but not relegated). 

• Like 3
13 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I did think that was weird looking over. Like, one of them missing would seem to be fine but why all of them? Very strange. Anyone ITK aware of why they weren't there? Maybe Gibbo had it down as a coupon buster and would rather be anywhere else than the Riverside?

Probably scared that if the worst happened, there would be a bunch of fans throwing stuff at the windows, or at least staging a protest. Guess none of them wanted to deal with that.

• Like 1

What does everyone think we need to survive?

We are on 37pts. Other day i said 50pts but i am hoping 10pts would suffice. So 47pts.

10ptz from the 39pts left to play for. Fact we taken 4pts from last 21pts is not good but i am hoping we can improve on that slightly.

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

What does everyone think we need to survive?

We are on 37pts. Other day i said 50pts but i am hoping 10pts would suffice. So 47pts.

10ptz from the 39pts left to play for. Fact we taken 4pts from last 21pts is not good but i am hoping we can improve on that slightly.

Another 10 points would mean that the 3rd bottom team would need another 17 points to pass us due to goal difference. Having said that they may well recover the difference. Could be close. Ideally need more than that possibly another 5 points on top of that.

12 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Another 10 points would mean that the 3rd bottom team would need another 17 points to pass us due to goal difference. Having said that they may well recover the difference. Could be close. Ideally need more than that possibly another 5 points on top of that.

Yeah i think one of bottom 3 is capable of going on a run and getting 15-20pts from last 39pts so you could be right. Think @wilsoncgp who provided nice breakdown above said Blackburn and Rotherham gone on that type of run in recent times after this stage so its possible