oneBoro Forum

Relegation Battle

36 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Just for the heck of it, here is how I see the remainder of our season panning out. Will check back in May to see how I did...

image.png.dc12ffd7792d011643d97fb7495a1d8d.png

This would give us 50 points total - surely enough to keep us up.

Of course, this comes with the HUGE caveat that the players find the motivation to put in some decent performances.

I have a sneaky feeling we lose too Barnsley but beat Leeds  

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right then, first of all to address borodane referring to a ‘Middle Eastern despot’. I’m going to assume that’s a reference to Man City’s owners. They are morally repulsive, and if I was a Man City fa

Hope not considering your user name. 😬🤣🤣

Blackburn got relegated with 51 points the season we were in the Prem. 4 of the last 5 seasons, 42 points has been enough. Comparing both 16/17, 18/19 and this season after ~32 games, the bottom

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Who says I'm not already beyond the grave 😂

Like most of us after following Boro for so long. Only the brain has ceased to be, has fallen off it's perch and is pining for the tree's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

Just for the heck of it, here is how I see the remainder of our season panning out. Will check back in May to see how I did...

image.png.dc12ffd7792d011643d97fb7495a1d8d.png

This would give us 50 points total - surely enough to keep us up.

Of course, this comes with the HUGE caveat that the players find the motivation to put in some decent performances.

Sensible set of predictions there. I cant see us turning over both Hull and Stoke.

From your predictions i assume you are telling us all just give up on boro after the international break haha. Mood would be great going in to summer on back of no wins in 6.

• Like 1

I always believed that this season was being given over to book balancing, and fundamentals within the club being changed, as such a low mid table finish was to be expected imo.

However at the moment I see nothing fundamentally being changed within the club tbh, FFP is here to stay and when the next transfer window shuts I expect the gazette to report that we had the window we had due to the usual list of issues. If after being chairman for over 30 years and having his hand picked men run the club exactly how he wants it to be run I am utterly perplexed by the fact that the club has not significantly improved its performance in any of the key performance areas any fan could identify.

Because of this, we have a management team with very little experience, and very little influence over who comes and who leaves, a here’s what you got make it work scenario and expectation from those who call the shots.

As such I’m of the opinion that we will avoid relegation this season but it will be down to others having a worse situation than us rather than we confidently avoid it, sadly tho I feel that many of us will be posting similar post this time next year tho.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Sensible set of predictions there. I cant see us turning over both Hull and Stoke.

From your predictions i assume you are telling us all just give up on boro after the international break haha. Mood would be great going in to summer on back of no wins in 6.

Well the way I see it, this season pretty much hinges on beating the teams below / around us. Barnsley, Hull & Stoke represent the best chance of doing that IMO. Last month or so does look pretty grim...but it might force Gibson's hand...

Though as I said earlier, it would be typical Boro if we beat a couple of the top 6 teams instead.

Sorry if this has been pointed out already - but has anyone else noticed that the good results dried up as soon as the central midfield three of Clayton, Saville, and Tavernier was broken up? I also noticed Johnson started most of those good results. McNair has come back in and been horrendous. Nmecha starts and offers nothing.

Why did Woodgate rip up a formula that was doing well? 3-5-2 with two DMs was the only time in this train wreck of a season we've looked half-decent. 

• Like 1

I think a lot coincided with Roberts coming in. We changed a winning formula to adapt a system that probably suited what Woodgate wanted to play and to benefit Roberts (in no way criticising him as he has been good when fit). Also Coulson and Spence having injuries and loss of form hasnt helped in the past month or so. That Spurs replay probably had a negative impact than we thought at the time.

I still think we will have enough to survive this year although performances like Saturday I will start to worry. 

I'm going to sit on the fence with Woodgate though. I really hope he succeeds and was encouraged with how we played at the end of 2019. That said we have dropped too many points and conceded too many sloppy goals this season which I dont think we would see with AK or even Pulis. Theres some factors the main one being not having a settled backline all season due to injuries but some errors have been Sunday league level mistakes. 

23 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

I have a sneaky feeling we lose too Barnsley but beat Leeds  

Don't do drugs kids

After the comments Wooden head came out with after the Leeds 4 nil mauling I have no doubt he will show the same rabbit in headlight approach at the RS 

3 minutes ago, pokeyjoe said:

Don't do drugs kids

After the comments Wooden head came out with after the Leeds 4 nil mauling I have no doubt he will show the same rabbit in headlight approach at the RS 

We better not. I’m travelling over for the Leeds game.

• Sad 1
5 minutes ago, Blanco said:

We better not. I’m travelling over for the Leeds game.

Hope I, m wrong pal and we have a good one but barring a momumental performance vs Barnsley I feel the Xmas period was a good blip and normal service is being resumed

I really hope I am way off the mark 

2 minutes ago, pokeyjoe said:

Hope I, m wrong pal and we have a good one but barring a momumental performance vs Barnsley I feel the Xmas period was a good blip and normal service is being resumed

I really hope I am way off the mark 

I think we all hope you are way off the mark but it’s hard not to agree with you unfortunately 😞