oneBoro Forum

Relegation Battle

1 hour ago, SmogInSheff said:

Does anyone know if SG was to sell MFC today would that sale include Rockliffe Hall hotel? 

If so then I guess him separating the hotel from MFC would be a good indicator of his intention to sell if it were ever to happen.

They are separate businesses, selling one would have nothing to do with the other.

• Like 2
  • Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right then, first of all to address borodane referring to a ‘Middle Eastern despot’. I’m going to assume that’s a reference to Man City’s owners. They are morally repulsive, and if I was a Man City fa

Hope not considering your user name. 😬🤣🤣

Blackburn got relegated with 51 points the season we were in the Prem. 4 of the last 5 seasons, 42 points has been enough. Comparing both 16/17, 18/19 and this season after ~32 games, the bottom

Posted Images

1 hour ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Both are terrible imo

I'd like to hear a well informed reasonable argument as to why Red Bull GmbH could even be considered on an even footing as an evil, murderous regime with a shocking history of human rights violations.

This should be fun 🙂

1 hour ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Both are terrible imo

I am not sure if it would be 'that' terrible. It has been a long time since Boro actually generated anything exciting as far as I am concerned. And I think we all agree that some drastic changes are required. But I guess it is just a pipe dream because I don't see anything but more of the same for some considerable time to come.

However. The most interesting part of the article as far as I was concerned was the personnel that have been put in place and how they have found a winning formula without paying over the odds for players.

It seems it can be done if you have people who can recognize real talent at an early age.

9 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I'd like to hear a well informed reasonable argument as to why Red Bull GmbH could even be considered on an even footing as an evil, murderous regime with a shocking history of human rights violations.

This should be fun 🙂

I did not say they were equally terrible, I put them both under the bracket of terrible - surely a pedantic man such as yourself could have picked up on such a distinction. Pretty busy atm so can’t develop my ideas right now but will happily do it later on if you’re still interested:) 

10 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

This should be fun 🙂

Bulkhaul can't be that bad, surely? 😏

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

I did not say they were equally terrible, I put them both under the bracket of terrible - surely a pedantic man such as yourself could have picked up on such a distinction. Pretty busy atm so can’t develop my ideas right now but will happily do it later on if you’re still interested:) 

Well one of them certainly belongs under the bracket of terrible, I'm not sure the other does, is my point.

Looking forward to your reasonable thoughts on the matter. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere 😉

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Well one of them certainly belongs under the bracket of terrible, I'm not sure the other does, is my point.

Looking forward to your reasonable thoughts on the matter. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere 😉

Trust me when I say they’re incredibly reasonable 

3 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:
14 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

This should be fun 🙂

surely a pedantic man such as yourself could have picked up on such a distinction.

I don't know where he gets it from.  Must be his mam 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, BoroAbroad said:

I am not sure if it would be 'that' terrible. It has been a long time since Boro actually generated anything exciting as far as I am concerned. And I think we all agree that some drastic changes are required. But I guess it is just a pipe dream because I don't see anything but more of the same for some considerable time to come.

However. The most interesting part of the article as far as I was concerned was the personnel that have been put in place and how they have found a winning formula without paying over the odds for players.

It seems it can be done if you have people who can recognize real talent at an early age.

I also picked up on the resentment its generated from other clubs, not to mention how they got round German league laws about incorporating product / brand names into the team.

Not to mention how grass-roots fans felt about the takeover of one of their clubs and its transformation into something completely different.

I guess it comes down to what you want out of your football club. Whether you want to respect history & tradition, or whether you're happy to embrace it becoming a completely different entity in the pursuit of success, trophies etc.

Quite honestly, if some company came along and did to Boro whats been done to the club that became RB Leipzig, I would not be at all happy. Then again, Boro aren't as far down the food chain, so maybe they wouldn't regard such drastic changes necessary.

3 hours ago, DevKWat said:

Would love it if Red Bull took us over. Look at what they’ve done with Leipzig

You should read that article (again, if necessary) and just take in what they did to the original club and some of the rule-bending they resorted to.

Call me old-fashioned / out of touch, but I wouldn't want that to happen to Boro.

2 hours ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Trust me when I say they’re incredibly reasonable 

Who...Red Bull? If so, I'd repeat the advice I gave DevKWat above.

Red Bull are no different to any other global mega-corporation. They're happy to bend rules and run rough-shod over anyone to get their way.

Just because they don't come from a country with a terrible human rights record, doesn't mean they aren't prepared to be utterly ruthless to get what they want.

I'd say its a case of, "Be careful what you wish for...you just might get it..."

Just to reiterate...I'm as keen as anyone to see Boro return to the golden era of the late 90s / early 00s. Just not at any price...

• Like 1

I'd be quite happy if someone like Red Bull took us over, imo it's better than a random Asian or American business owner who equally wouldn't be bothered about our history.

Now I'm only relatively young and have only followed boro since 2000/01 (ish) so maybe it's because I've been spoilt by winning the Carling Cup and getting to the European final but that's where I want Boro to be, we won't get back there with Gibson and maybe as part of a successful system could get us there. 

Not that I don't care about our history but I'd rather have success, there's no guarantee a new owner would get rid of it and besides all the fans would remember it anyway. Well that's before the next generation has enjoyed our 10 successive premier league wins and forgets about us being peasants haha 😁