• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right then, first of all to address borodane referring to a ‘Middle Eastern despot’. I’m going to assume that’s a reference to Man City’s owners. They are morally repulsive, and if I was a Man City fa

Hope not considering your user name. 😬🤣🤣

Blackburn got relegated with 51 points the season we were in the Prem. 4 of the last 5 seasons, 42 points has been enough. Comparing both 16/17, 18/19 and this season after ~32 games, the bottom

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Ayresome7 said:

I don't think Gibson would sell to RB. Fat kids from Berwick Hills and Ormesby drinking Red Bull at the Riverside and making airplane wing gestures when we score. What a gift to the future generations.

What is the meaning of score, what future? 

Just read Woody interview which is encouraging and I believe we should all take heart. So the simple solution from Woody is  “ we must try to play well” & “we need to try to win games” but goes one better, “we have to win games, score a lot of goals” what is encouraging was the planning  “ I didn’t expect us to be where we are,” 

So on the back of those comments I’m staying with a mid table finish

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, Ayresome7 said:

I don't think Gibson would sell to RB. Fat kids from Berwick Hills and Ormesby drinking Red Bull at the Riverside and making airplane wing gestures when we score. What a gift to the future generations.

Honestly I would have no problem with Red Bull buying out Gibson, or taking a controlling interest in the club...

...as long as they didn't try to make us Red Bull United.

After all, given all the other sponsorship they do, its not like they actually need any more exposure.

Stadium naming and shirt sponsorship...fine. Red Bull ads running on the electronic advertising boards...wonderful (sorry...wunderbar)!

I just don't want any company coming in, doing a total re-branding and trying to pretend that the club's 140-odd years of history don't matter.

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Honestly I would have no problem with Red Bull buying out Gibson, or taking a controlling interest in the club...

...as long as they didn't try to make us Red Bull United.

After all, given all the other sponsorship they do, its not like they actually need any more exposure.

Stadium naming and shirt sponsorship...fine. Red Bull ads running on the electronic advertising boards...wonderful (sorry...wunderbar)!

I just don't want any company coming in, doing a total re-branding and trying to pretend that the club's 140-odd years of history don't matter.

FA rules prohibit the renaming of teams.  See the Hull Tigers nonsense from a few years back.

6 minutes ago, macapes said:

FA rules prohibit the renaming of teams.  See the Hull Tigers nonsense from a few years back.

Not strictly true, you just need permission.

Allam didn't get permission and it was an unpopular move amongst fans.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, RiseSirAxlRose said:

If we win all our remaining games we could still make the playoffs tbh 

Mathematically it is still possible if a lot of other results go our way. However it is completely unrealistic with a manager who has no clue what he's doing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 2/22/2020 at 11:15 AM, sanddancer said:

Just read Woody interview which is encouraging and I believe we should all take heart. So the simple solution from Woody is  “ we must try to play well” & “we need to try to win games” but goes one better, “we have to win games, score a lot of goals” what is encouraging was the planning  “ I didn’t expect us to be where we are,” 

Mid Table? at the moment I'm looking at the bottom 3...But Boro being Boro we're liable to run Leeds ragged

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 11:15 AM, sanddancer said:

Looks like Woodgate's stole my thunder, I was just thinking the same thing, that we needed to play better and win games, and also if we can score more  goals than the opposition we'll manage to get 3 points. I can't believe it without realizing it before,  I actually could be the next Boro manager, I meet the criteria needed for the job..

• Haha 2

I did the Gazette's current predictor and had us survive by a point 😬

I definitely feel like I over-egged Wigan as they climbed a lot and it is incredibly hard to predict so many games with so many teams I have very little idea about but had us finish on 48, Huddersfield just in the relegation places with 47, with us and them both losing on the last day at Wednesday and Millwall respectively.

25 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I did the Gazette's current predictor and had us survive by a point 😬

I definitely feel like I over-egged Wigan as they climbed a lot and it is incredibly hard to predict so many games with so many teams I have very little idea about but had us finish on 48, Huddersfield just in the relegation places with 47, with us and them both losing on the last day at Wednesday and Millwall respectively.

I just got us going down in 22nd, along with Barnsley and Luton. Charlton and Wigan were safe on 44 and 43 points respectively.  Kind of matches what I've been saying for a bit.