• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right then, first of all to address borodane referring to a ‘Middle Eastern despot’. I’m going to assume that’s a reference to Man City’s owners. They are morally repulsive, and if I was a Man City fa

Hope not considering your user name. 😬🤣🤣

Blackburn got relegated with 51 points the season we were in the Prem. 4 of the last 5 seasons, 42 points has been enough. Comparing both 16/17, 18/19 and this season after ~32 games, the bottom

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Well hopefully this week we will either end with a new manager or boro beating Leeds and Forest 

Most likely losing to both and Woodgate remaining.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My honest preference is that everyone concentrates on getting a win, this is the most important thing, the circus surrounding the game should be attended to afterwards.

The potential departure of Woodgate should have no bearing and I for one do not want to consider it a good thing to lose against Leeds if it means getting rid of him.

The one person who  oversees  all of this seems to have taken an age to show concern, it maybe too late but whatever the truth I want to see the players rally and play for the fans  

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Boro Scot said:

If both Wigan and Barnsley win tomorrow and we lose, then we're in massive trouble and it might be a case of Gibson waiting too long to act yet again.

I wonder if we've already waited too long and let too many six pointers pass us by.

44 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

I wonder if we've already waited too long and let too many six pointers pass us by.

There's still a quarter of a season to go, so there is still time to get out of it. Obviously though something needs to change in the next week. 

12 hours ago, Duvel said:

If that's true I'd take a defeat tomorrow. 

You want the next manager so much you want us to lose? Come on, mate. I know you've been a relatively vocal critic from the start and there are reasons beyond his managerial capabilities (or lack thereof) that mean you want him gone but so much so that you'd like us to drop points?

I have to say it again as you seem to think it's got something to it... do we really want what comes next if it's anything like the rumoured appointments? Warnock or McClaren? In my eyes, they almost certainly keep the job beyond the end of this season too if they keep us up.

I'd personally rather we won and continue hope we do so in every game as that surely represents a more positive turn of events than sacking a manager and having to hire one of the British Manager's Lunch Club, who all lick their badges whilst singing 'Money, Money, Money'.

9 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

You want the next manager so much you want us to lose? Come on, mate. I know you've been a relatively vocal critic from the start and there are reasons beyond his managerial capabilities (or lack thereof) that mean you want him gone but so much so that you'd like us to drop points?

I have to say it again as you seem to think it's got something to it... do we really want what comes next if it's anything like the rumoured appointments? Warnock or McClaren? In my eyes, they almost certainly keep the job beyond the end of this season too if they keep us up.

I'd personally rather we won and continue hope we do so in every game as that surely represents a more positive turn of events than sacking a manager and having to hire one of the British Manager's Lunch Club, who all lick their badges whilst singing 'Money, Money, Money'.

I agree Warnock or McClaren would both want to manage next season as well. If anyone is likely to come in for 10 games or so I think it would be Pulis. Not what many would want i would say.

52 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't really want someone like Warnock but I believe he'd keep us up. With Woodgate I believe we are going down whether that's this season or the next so short term I believe we'll be better with Woodgate gone. 

Putting aside my feelings about him as a person I don't think he's a good manager or will become a good manager either so why would i want him here? 

Losing one game isn't the end of the world, persisting with a bad manager is a much bigger problem. I know most of us don't trust Gibson's decision making any more but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to change things when they are clearly going wrong.  

There is no way in hell that I would accept a defeat to Leeds just to get rid of Woodgate. Despite what I think the result will be, I go to the Riverside tonight hoping I am proven completely wrong and we play this with a blood and thunder cup tie mentality and get 3 points.

• Like 3

If we win Woodgate might get a stay of execution but there again Southgate and Monk both won before being relieved of their duties and if the decision has already been made then tonight's result won't affect that. Ideal would be a win with Woodgate going at the end of it. If there is even a slim semblance of hope that he may just hang on in there for a bit longer then its better to lose tonight and end the circus which started last summer. Whilst he remains in charge we are going nowhere except League One, better to act and begin the repairs while there is still time and games left.

I always want a win and a win tonight would be really helpfull. And then he can sack Woodgate. I don't want Warnock but if it's a choice of keeping Woodgate or sacking him and hiring Warnock for the remainder of the season I'd reluctantly take Warnock. But not for next season. We've just gotten rid of Pulis. I just want someone with a bit of experience.

• Like 1

If we beat leeds then fair play to Woodgate. Give him another chance against Forest to do the same. 

I think fans genuinely want him to turn it around. 

But if he cant in the next two games, and nothing changes. I'd find it very hard to get behind us for league one. 

Not because I'm supporting a different team, but because its accepted that we wouldnt change and stop the drop.

Win tonight Woody, I dare you. Prove me wrong.