oneBoro Forum

Relegation Battle

28 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

What would be the point sacking Woody if we lose on Monday. We would need 13 points from 10 games or 1.3 points per game. Basically the team needs to improve on past form by around 30% over 10 games something virtually impossible. We dropped the safety line taking 1 point from a possible 9 giving the bottom three below us points. A massive, massive blooper riding rough seas without a captain. 
As the season comes to an end we enter silly season and we are seeing teams around us gaining points 

Well it wouldn't help this season, for sure, but at least it would send a signal that Gibson has finally lost the blinkers and is taking some action. Probably still end up in League 1, but at least we wouldn't have to put up with Woodgate any longer.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right then, first of all to address borodane referring to a ‘Middle Eastern despot’. I’m going to assume that’s a reference to Man City’s owners. They are morally repulsive, and if I was a Man City fa

Hope not considering your user name. 😬🤣🤣

Blackburn got relegated with 51 points the season we were in the Prem. 4 of the last 5 seasons, 42 points has been enough. Comparing both 16/17, 18/19 and this season after ~32 games, the bottom

Posted Images

Even if he sacks Woodgate on Monday if we lose its too late, the damage will already have been done. 3 points from safety with difficult games left a team absolutely devoid of confidence and ideas. 

Gibson so have acted much earlier and chose to stop the rot, instead he is waiting till it has firmly set in before even thinking about acting. 

I still want him gone though!

That league cup win is such a distant memory now it feels like an entirely different club.

@sanddancer. I am slightly baffled as to why you keep asking what is the point in sacking Woodgate now?

Are you saying you want him to remain and are confident he can keep us up? If you are then that is fine btw. Am not having a go at you for it but i am getting impression you want him gone but are thinking it pointless doing it now?

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

@sanddancer. I am slightly baffled as to why you keep asking what is the point in sacking Woodgate now?

Are you saying you want him to remain and are confident he can keep us up? If you are then that is fine btw. Am not having a go at you for it but i am getting impression you want him gone but are thinking it pointless doing it now?

He needs to be gone asap to prevent him being anywhere near the re-building job that is surely needed.

The advantage of sacking Woodgate is that it gives us a far better chance of avoiding relegation. We’re absolutely doomed with him in charge. We need a manager that can drill our players into an effective unit until the end of the season.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I did not support his appointment but willing to give him the benefit of doubt. I still believe he should be removed but having looked at the statistics I can’t see how anyone coming in now could turn the ship around, well apart from a possible bounce with a new manager. My worry is bringing someone in of poor quality and being stuck with them next season. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

We should have moved heaven and earth to bring in Nigel Pearson after Pulis. 

Look at Watford since they sacked and brought Pearson in they are completely different side. The Boro would have the same bounce if we appointed a manager who could actually drill the team into shape.  Can't believe Watford deserve to be smashing Liverpool 3-0

12 minutes ago, p_mards said:

The advantage of sacking Woodgate is that it gives us a far better chance of avoiding relegation. We’re absolutely doomed with him in charge. We need a manager that can drill our players into an effective unit until the end of the season.

Surely the word as got to be out by now after numerous managers have left Boro under a cloud.

That Gibson is a dictator and if you come to the MFC your career is over and that means no decent manager will except the job until Gibson sell's up.

20 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

He needs to be gone asap to prevent him being anywhere near the re-building job that is surely needed.

I don’t disagree with you but the right manager needs to be appointed and I don’t see were they would find one right now. 

31 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Well it wouldn't help this season, for sure, but at least it would send a signal that Gibson has finally lost the blinkers and is taking some action. Probably still end up in League 1, but at least we wouldn't have to put up with Woodgate any longer.

The point SG will not change his ways and now other manager have seen SG way would they really want to come.  

16 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I did not support his appointment but willing to give him the benefit of doubt. I still believe he should be removed but having looked at the statistics I can’t see how anyone coming in now could turn the ship around, well apart from a possible bounce with a new manager. My worry is bringing someone in of poor quality and being stuck with them next season. 

Yeah i agree on the new manager bounce. I feel that is all we need to get to safety. Lets say he gets sacked after Forest. A few wins and draws should be enough imo.

I think we can all agree this squad is not as poor as our position suggests but there is a poor manager coaching these players. Therefore a new half decent manager for last 10 games can hopefully see us safe which should be our priority right now

There's Hughton available isnt there? Is Nigel Adkins in work? Karanka? Plenty of decent managers out there regardless.

Warnock is the one lined up though. 

Woodgate has to win on Monday I'm hearing after previously being set a target of 6 points from the last 4 games.

Warnock could be in by Wednesday.

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Yeah i agree on the new manager bounce. I feel that is all we need to get to safety. Lets say he gets sacked after Forest. A few wins and draws should be enough imo.

I think we can all agree this squad is not as poor as our position suggests but there is a poor manager coaching these players. Therefore a new half decent manager for last 10 games can hopefully see us safe which should be our priority right now

I said all along in posts, this team is far better then what woody has managed to get out of them.  

• Like 1