oneBoro Forum

Relegation Battle

39 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

No one was saying that when he signed.. 

That's because, unlike say Patrick Roberts or Ravel Morrison, we didn't have a sodding clue who he was!

• Like 1
  • Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right then, first of all to address borodane referring to a ‘Middle Eastern despot’. I’m going to assume that’s a reference to Man City’s owners. They are morally repulsive, and if I was a Man City fa

Hope not considering your user name. 😬🤣🤣

Blackburn got relegated with 51 points the season we were in the Prem. 4 of the last 5 seasons, 42 points has been enough. Comparing both 16/17, 18/19 and this season after ~32 games, the bottom

Posted Images

3 hours ago, TheJew said:

I wouldnt be starting Nmecha!

He offers us nothing, I haven't got a clue what he's position is supposed to be, or perhaps his one of those front players, who's Jack of absolutely no trades and master of none absolute donkey in my opinion. Apologies to any donkey's out there who are offended.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
55 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

He offers us nothing, I haven't got a clue what he's position is supposed to be, or perhaps his one of those front players, who's Jack of absolutely no trades and master of none absolute donkey in my opinion. Apologies to any donkey's out there who are offended.

He aw he aw he always says that 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, TAPOUT said:

We have gained 5 points in the last 8 games, playing the bottom 3 in that run. I admire your optimism but do not share it. The table doesnt lie at this time of year. 

the table lies until the 46 games are completed. The fact we have done badly over the last 8 games is only of certain relevance, it doesn't mean that it will continue on a downward trend. Fact is we have had terrible injury issues this year, we can't seem to get our best team out, or even a better team out for a run of matches. IF we get our best XI out, we will pull away from trouble.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, BoroSmoggie said:

What a load of tosh. Saville is one of if not the midfielder that gets stuck in the most. He wins so many scrappy 50/50’s and a lot of headers. More then Clayton, McNair, Tav and Wing. I honestly don’t have a clue where you get that opinion of Saville from.

I guess both Saville and Clayton can both do a job in that 2xCDM roles, as can Howson. I don't think McNair has the discipline, and he has the turning circle of an oil freighter, Wing definitely shouldn't play as part of a 2 man CDM, he can only play a more free role, with the ability to get forward. In fact having 2 CDMs, allows Wing to get forward.

The other thing with my team, we would have a pretty strong bench, pick from Stojanovic, Dijksteel, Fry, Tav, Morrison, Johnson, McNair, Clayton, Britt, Gestede, Nmecha. We could have real game changers there, be it to lock the game down at 1-0 up or throw a goalscorer on like Britt, go direct with Gestede, or add creativity with Tav or Morrison  

I'm worried for the Charlton game on Saturday. If we lose it'll be awful but I think Hull will be our main competition for relegation by the end of the season so it won't be complete doomsday.

6 hours ago, BoroMart said:

the table lies until the 46 games are completed. The fact we have done badly over the last 8 games is only of certain relevance, it doesn't mean that it will continue on a downward trend. Fact is we have had terrible injury issues this year, we can't seem to get our best team out, or even a better team out for a run of matches. IF we get our best XI out, we will pull away from trouble.

If you dont think the table is representative of our performances after 80% of the season I would call that denial. We are where we are because we are the lowest scorers in the league, unless the goals for column is a lie also. The 8 games were of total relevance to the reply I gave as it was claimed we were only 5 points off 17th. If it takes us 8 games to get those 5 points we will have 2 games left. Our injuries have been poor this season but now JW has options results aren’t improving. What is our best team, best formation? Do you think JW would agree with your best team or what the best formation is with the players he has? We might scrape away from the bottom 3 and I hope we do, but if you take away the WBA and Preston games we have not had a 90 minute performance all season. Thankfully though we have the tactical genius of JW and if we go behind with no shots on target we can put 4 forwards on with a supply chain of saville and clayton to improve things a la Luton. This season is not about the players available, its about how they have been used in different positions within different formations and that is not going to change with the talented Mr Woodgate in charge unfortunately.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Weasel said:

I'm worried for the Charlton game on Saturday. If we lose it'll be awful but I think Hull will be our main competition for relegation by the end of the season so it won't be complete doomsday.

Plenty of room in the bottom 3 for both us and Hull!

I'm still counting on a massive points deduction for Sheff Wed to put them just below us, then coronavirus cancelling the rest of the season  🤞

• Like 1
13 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

Aye his legs went about 10 years ago haha

And he won't head the ball in case he messes his hair up. 😁

2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I think people are just wishing we can stay up rather than being realistic at this point, haha

I think we're doomed...but then I am a pessimist (years of being a Boro fan will do that to you).

That said, we do have a few games that, on paper, we could win. But we simply have to get maximum points from games like Charlton, Stoke and Hull, if we are to have any chance at all.

Wednesday are having a mare at the moment, so if all else fails, an end-of-season win there might save us...but I really hope it doesn't come to that (not sure my nerves could take it).