oneBoro Forum

Relegation Battle

8 hours ago, Ayresome7 said:

Who writes this rubbish?

"Contrary to widespread expectation, and despite recent results, Woodgate and Bowyer have matured into two impressive coaches displaying considerable promise in difficult contexts.A strong and warm communicator who wants to know what is going on in the lives of Middlesbrough’s most junior employees and insists on interviewing all potential signings face to face, Woodgate inherited a poisoned chalice at his hometown club. An amalgam of poor past recruitment and the need to slash a high wage bill has left him without money to spend and over-reliant on youth-team graduates. There have been promising spells of pleasing football which hint at a brighter future"

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/06/woodgate-and-bowyer-set-friendship-aside-for-relegation-showdown-middlesbrough-charlton

Its The Guardian...what do you expect? 😂

They're right about the "poisoned chalice" bit though...sadly thats on Gibson. He has made it one with a series of poor decisions over the last decade or so...particularly in terms of recruitment.

• Like 4
  • Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right then, first of all to address borodane referring to a ‘Middle Eastern despot’. I’m going to assume that’s a reference to Man City’s owners. They are morally repulsive, and if I was a Man City fa

Hope not considering your user name. 😬🤣🤣

Blackburn got relegated with 51 points the season we were in the Prem. 4 of the last 5 seasons, 42 points has been enough. Comparing both 16/17, 18/19 and this season after ~32 games, the bottom

Posted Images

9Next weekends fixtures also look interesting as 4 of the bottom 8 play each other.

Huddersfield v Wigan

Hull v Charlton

Us v Swansea

Reading v Stoke

Luton v Preston

QPR v Barnsley.

I think Hull could sack their manager this week. He and Monk at Sheff Wed must surely be clinging on to their respective jobs

• Like 1
3 hours ago, BoroAbroad said:

Happy Sunday. 😅
Not out of it yet by a long way. But it's a start.

C'mon Boro.

Well at least we can look at survival as a realistic prospect now.

Probably the best Sunday most of us will have had for a while, in that regard.

• Like 1

Still buzzing after yesterday's enormous win, going away to a relegation rival team & dominate the 1st half as we did, harassing Charlton, creating goalscoring opportunities, Gestede in fine form, Coulston in cracking form, Howson MOTM performance again

Lets hope we can kick on & secure safety within a few weeks 

UTMB 

• Like 1

The past 2 games we have definitely looked better. I am hoping we can carry the little bit of momentum we have into the Swansea game and pick up 3 points. 

I'm heading to the Riverside for my birthday from the Brighton area this weekend. I'm just hoping the team put in the same effort on the pitch that i am putting in attending the game!

• Like 1

I did the predictor and put us down for just 1 win. 2 defeats and the rest draws. Had us safe on 50 points finishing in 18th place.

I went very conservative in regards to Boro. As I do think we have a chance to get more than 1 victory.

But as has been mentioned. The teams around us have some really tough fixtures. So ultimatley I think that is what will save us.

Charlton, Barnsley and Luton to go down.

• Like 1
On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 9:43 AM, AnglianRed said:

Well at least we can look at survival as a realistic prospect now.

Probably the best Sunday most of us will have had for a while, in that regard.

Best Saturday night in a long time for me AR got to watch Quest and as a bonus clearly saw Teddy, Daniel, Borodane and myself on TV

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, BoroAbroad said:

I did the predictor and put us down for just 1 win. 2 defeats and the rest draws. Had us safe on 50 points finishing in 18th place.

I went very conservative in regards to Boro. As I do think we have a chance to get more than 1 victory.

But as has been mentioned. The teams around us have some really tough fixtures. So ultimatley I think that is what will save us.

I'd be shocked if Hull stay up honestly. I've got a few mates who are Hull fans and the club is ran even worse than ours at the moment. Think lots of the fans will be happy to go down if it means finally getting rid of the Allams .They've sold their two best players in January and replaced them with inexperienced League 1 players.

21 hours ago, Weasel said:

I'd be shocked if Hull stay up honestly. I've got a few mates who are Hull fans and the club is ran even worse than ours at the moment. Think lots of the fans will be happy to go down if it means finally getting rid of the Allams .They've sold their two best players in January and replaced them with inexperienced League 1 players.

Think I had hull surviving by 1 point. Probably because I put them down to draw with us.
But I do feel a little more relaxed having seen the run in for most of the teams around us.

22 hours ago, BoroAbroad said:

I think we'd all take that!

I'd hope even the most pessimistic of us (e.g. me) would see Boro getting at least one more win. I'm still hopeful we could get max points from Hull and Wednesday (provided they don't sack Monk before the end of the season).

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Roberts and Fry are back.

Coulson is injured.

Ayala is definitely never playing for us again, this has gone on too long and there's only 9 games left.

Coulson's injured?  Are they taking it turns or something ffs 🤦‍♂️