Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Relegation Battle


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right then, first of all to address borodane referring to a ‘Middle Eastern despot’. I’m going to assume that’s a reference to Man City’s owners. They are morally repulsive, and if I was a Man City fa

Hope not considering your user name. 😬🤣🤣

Blackburn got relegated with 51 points the season we were in the Prem. 4 of the last 5 seasons, 42 points has been enough. Comparing both 16/17, 18/19 and this season after ~32 games, the bottom

Posted Images

I can’t get my head round what Steve Gibson’s plan is. Even if by some absolute miracle we stay up, how can he expect Woodgate to assemble a brand new team next season with no blueprint for how we want to play? I can understand if this was a transition season and we were playing the style Woodgate wanted, but we’re not. We play no obvious system, have no clear identity, no patterns of play. It’s utterly depressing. Tonight they put a bit of effort in, but never actually looked like scoring, couldn’t find a pass, nobody could control the ball and we looked panicked every time Leeds attacked. 

I’ve never felt so disillusioned 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I can’t get my head round what Steve Gibson’s plan is. Even if by some absolute miracle we stay up, how can he expect Woodgate to assemble a brand new team next season with no blueprint for how we want to play? I can understand if this was a transition season and we were playing the style Woodgate wanted, but we’re not. We play no obvious system, have no clear identity, no patterns of play. It’s utterly depressing. Tonight they put a bit of effort in, but never actually looked like scoring, couldn’t find a pass, nobody could control the ball and we looked panicked every time Leeds attacked. 

I’ve never felt so disillusioned 

He’s done what I feared and abandoned everything the moment it got rough, that 352 was working well but no he has to try and force this ‘Liverpool lite’ 433 on the team that clearly can’t play it. Tbf I didn’t bother to check our formation tonight I just don’t really care any more. We actually looked pretty good on the counter in the first half.... until we got past the half way line.

This team have lost any idea of how to play or attack, it’s no coincidence that the minute we revert back to his early season system we’ve gone straight back to that early season form. 
 

Please save us RedBull.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Forrest games on Monday this gives the club a long weekend of double training sessions. As honestly Gibson needs to say Woodgate will you resign if he doesn't sack him then get a Warnock in who be here 9am this morning getting them players drilled for 4 days. I reckon if this happened by Monday night the Boro will be transformed and may beat Forrest. But nope this won't happen the players will laze around for 4 days doing pre season like drills then stuffer another L on Sky. I don't actually think Boro have won a game live on Sky this year

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

Is Woodgate the worst Manager in the history of this football club? I can't remember a worse one and that include Strachan! We are relegated with 100% certainty if he remains in charge, the man's a joke!

He has honestly turned a 7th placed side into a relagation team the worst manager in Boro history 20% winning record. Yet he continues 😭

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skinemrippers said:

Woodgate press conference at 2pm today? Is this usual the day after a match? 
Either doubling down, we’re told he’s here to stay and he gives us some platitudes about heart, commitment, fighting for the shirt. Or he resigns with a heavy heart? 

Can anyone remember a press conference called by a manager to announce his resignation, dont they normally just slip out of the back door.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skinemrippers said:

Woodgate press conference at 2pm today? Is this usual the day after a match? 
Either doubling down, we’re told he’s here to stay and he gives us some platitudes about heart, commitment, fighting for the shirt. Or he resigns with a heavy heart? 

Woody stated over the next 24 hours he will take a long look at himself and the players so surprised at the conference. It’s can only be to announce, his departure, incoming assistance, or a declaration of support.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Woody stated over the next 24 hours he will take a long look at himself and the players so surprised at the conference. It’s can only be to announce, his departure, incoming assistance, or a declaration of support.. 

On Twitter Phil Tallantyre is saying it was arranged before the Leeds game and is purely an early Forest prematch press conference.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • If Muniz does fall through we really do need to get some players in sharpish We've lost 30 goals from the players who've left, including 6 of our 8 top scorers (assuming Akpom leaves) and so far have brought in 15 goals with Ikpeazu, Crooks and Ameobi  This for a side that's already notoriously low scoring and lacking in creativity What worries me is the absence of links to wingers and attacking midfielders other than Lazaro and a few washed up has beens  11 days till Fulham...    
    • What will happen is; Muniz will go to Athletico We will bid for Lazaro We will agree a deal for Lazaro  Fulham will bid for lazaro We will buy Smith from Rotherham
    • Get begging Muniz to join us Twitter link
    • He will undoubtedly sign for Fulham and play for one of the most inoffensive clubs in English football in one of the least intimidating grounds in England.  He won't have a clue though. 
    • Yeah that is what I meant. Fulham never technically beat us to Bryan. They beat Villa to him. We were technically not in running for Bryan as far as player was concerned. His 3rd and final choice.

×
×
  • Create New...