• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right then, first of all to address borodane referring to a ‘Middle Eastern despot’. I’m going to assume that’s a reference to Man City’s owners. They are morally repulsive, and if I was a Man City fa

Hope not considering your user name. 😬🤣🤣

Blackburn got relegated with 51 points the season we were in the Prem. 4 of the last 5 seasons, 42 points has been enough. Comparing both 16/17, 18/19 and this season after ~32 games, the bottom

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

The scary thing is if we stay up or go down woodgate is still gonna be our manager next season.

That does not scare me I have been convinced under hypnosis by The Chairman that all will be well and part of "the plan"

25 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

The scary thing is if we stay up or go down woodgate is still gonna be our manager next season.

Woodgate will learn by his mistakes and become the English Jurgen Klopp, we will have to fight the likes of Man U and Spurs off plying for his services.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Woodgate will learn by his mistakes and become the English Jurgen Klopp, we will have to fight the likes of Man U and Spurs off plying for his services.

Conned a gullible Gibson into believing he could replicate the Klopp blueprint based on a Powerpoint presentation and watching Klopps training sessions when he was a scout at the club.

If Gibson was smart he would have ascertained right there and then that you need to have certain individuals, individual players in certain positions to be able to produce such football and would require significant investment over a number of years by which time the Klopp style may have been adapted or transitioned to another form of style.

3 hours ago, BoroMart said:

I'm sure we were saying that during November and Wigan and Barnsley were saying that in January.  Form is temporary

It is an November proved. That was a blip in the season. Correct me if I am wrong but we have had two 10 game runs on not winning this season.

It's a miracle we're still in touch.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I think you're making some of that suit your point of view.  Roberts has been here on loan since January.  He wasn't here before that and had no part to play in it so whilst he's a miss for us now, he wasn't a miss for us when he wasn't here. 

That's why I said he has missed half his games. He was clearly a key signing and injury has scuppered that at a pertinent point of the season.

Gestede has been fit and hasn't been picked to play much.  That's a fact.  He's started three games in the league by the looks of it and he's been available for 3 or 4 months now.

He has been in full training for 3 months, he missed the first 3 of the season. Yes he was behind Britt and Fletcher, but then he was nowhere near match fit either. Proven that he has a role to play now that he is match fit

Dijksteel being missing has had little to do with Howson not being in midfield.  Howson started the season as right back and Woodgate has shown little interest in picking him in midfield either way. 

Dijksteel was still with Charlton at the start of the season, thus Howson at RB. Howson was selected and Howson moved from that spot back in Sept/Oct.  The CM spot is clearly an area lacking quality, and he has on the ball quality.

I don't agree at all that Spence has looked out of his depth in any games.  He's played better in some than others but he's never been the worst Boro player on the pitch and for a lad with such little experience I'd say that was good going.

If you just look at his on the ball work, I would agree, but if you look at his off the ball, negative transition, marking, delay, deny, deflect, defend then it's totally understandable why he has only had the odd appearance lately and further forward where his clear weaknesses won't cost us a goal.

Friend is well past his best.  I think maybe you are looking at him as the player he was rather than the player he is now

Of course he is past his best, and his injuries are the reason, he has had continual back issues for 3 years or so, that mean his career is near the end. However, rolling him out as a LCB would be doable, but for the nature of the injuries. The club obviously felt they could get him fit enough to play some games, but it hasn't worked out like that.

disagree about the consistency in selection being forced. 

I said at least partly forced. We have had on pitch injuries in most of our recent (since December) games. Seen Fletcher hobble of, Britt hobble off, Ayala hobble off, Roberts hobble off etc. That has impacted the next match

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Roberts coming back might, just might save us from relegation.

Agreed. He looked fantastic in the games he played for us. On that note does anybody have an update on his injury status? When can we expect him back?

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, ThisIzLeon said:

Agreed. He looked fantastic in the games he played for us. On that note does anybody have an update on his injury status? When can we expect him back?

Apparently back in training on Monday. So maybe another 2 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Roberts is back in full training on Monday, possibly available for selection straight after Charlton game, but I would guess they will put him on the bench and give him a 20 minute run if needed.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, ThisIzLeon said:

He’s back in training this coming Monday according to Woodgate 

• Like 1

Gosh what a lot of hopes and pressure on a single player.

Yes he is good and I enjoy that he is so direct however our tactics and players ability could nullify his presence.

If we can not win games now why should he make that much difference?

• Like 3