oneBoro Forum

I still think the players need to assume a lot of the blame. Individual errors and pi$$ poor performances/decision making can’t all be the managers fault 

• Like 1
  • Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't Panic Live footage from Rockliffe Park: Harold Moukoudi undergoes intense shooting practice: Assombalonga practices penalties: Meanwhile Woody and Leo work on

Woodgate thinks that tactics are small minty things that come in a plastic box.

I have one good thing to say about the game today. Well done to the fans on the solidarity and getting behind Leadbitter.    

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BoroAbroad said:

So bad. What excuses this time?

None. I try to be reasonable post game but there is not a single excuse for not competing in that game. I don't think they realise the Championship doesn't have a Winter break.

• Like 1

Well damn.

I thought it would be hard to top Leeds as the worst game of the season, but I think this does it. At least with Leeds we were playing a good, promotion-chasing team...even if we did fold quite spectacularly.

This was just a limp, feeble display devoid of intelligence and lacking in effort after the first 15 minutes or so.

Boro managed maybe 2 or 3 decent build-ups and we got a few good crosses in that, with competent strikers, ought to have been converted into goals. But for the most part, it was like watching people who had never played football before in their lives...it really was THAT bad.

Another 90 minutes where we fail to register a SINGLE shot on target...against relegation battlers that is simply inexcusable. 

Players now starting to show very obvious signs of simply not caring any more, showing no effort or desire to win games.

I'm saying here and now Woodgate has lost the dressing room (if he hadn't already). The players aren't doing what he wants, either because they can't understand, or simply don't want to.

If we can't beat Luton at home, I genuinely fear for us for the rest of the season. This should have been a home banker. The fact we put up such a pathetic display should have alarm bells ringing in the boardroom.

I'm especially angry and disillusioned as I said on the relegation thread that I couldn't see Wigan, Barnsley or Luton overhauling us. Now it looking all too likely.

• Like 2
Just now, Uwe said:

I still think the players need to assume a lot of the blame. Individual errors and pi$$ poor performances/decision making can’t all be the managers fault 

Absolutely. Not just young players, senior players. Howson in particular was sodding dreadful.

Awful performance. Nothing from the midfield, and tactically just throwing more strikers on just shows a lack of ideas. Zero creativity. Zero shots on goal. Against a better team we'd have conceded more. Well deserved, Luton. We made Lua Lua look like a world beater.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Uwe said:

Yes but its clear to me the manger does not have the players drilled into what job they have to do he has simply given them free reign to make their own decisions and therefore led to confused performances time and time again. 

1 minute ago, White Band said:

And with 4 strikers on the pitch for the last part of the game...

Which reminds me. Britt heads our best chance wide. Gestede is behind him waiting to bang it in. Both strikers we brought on went for the same bloody ball and *** it.

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Absolutely. Not just young players, senior players. Howson in particular was sodding dreadful.

Howson didn’t even look bothered today. They got in behind him so many times in the second half because he just wasn’t tracking runs

I really want every manager to succeed but I really cannot fathom what he is doing. No shots on target that I can remember. Putting on extra forwards but lacking any supply to them. No doubt he will have to tinker again v Barnsley. This is strachanesque stuff I am watching. 

• Like 1