oneBoro Forum

Just now, TAPOUT said:

Forgot about pears. Ayala will have better offers. If JW was manager still would you want to play for him

Well i can only hope about the contracts, but no i wouldnt want to play for Woodgate. He has had his chances and shows no signs of improvement.

• Like 1
  • Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't Panic Live footage from Rockliffe Park: Harold Moukoudi undergoes intense shooting practice: Assombalonga practices penalties: Meanwhile Woody and Leo work on

Woodgate thinks that tactics are small minty things that come in a plastic box.

I have one good thing to say about the game today. Well done to the fans on the solidarity and getting behind Leadbitter.    

Posted Images

Yes it is and I have never been a Woodgate fan but I do have to say that although I believe he is only good enough at present to couch junior league the lads on the pitch today never really helped in anyway.

There was not one I would say was  M.O.M and as we saw from the forward line they were never going to score a goal today as long as they had holes in their ass's.

Saville and Howson had decent match's and should never have been substituted McNair, Moukoudi,Spence, Wing and Coulsdon were never at the races at all today. So the strikers in the first half were never getting any service but still at least one of them should have dropped back or even took it in turns to drop deeper and collect and run with it.The second half just got worse as it went on down to Woodgate for not making changes at halftime but down to the lads on the pitch again for not even trying. They were playing like a team that had never played together.

To top it all Luton were nothing special but we made them look good. Nothing to lose now it will only get worse and I reckon we need to drop the young wing backs and the keeper although I am not digging Pears out I just feel we need more experience at the back at the moment plus he does deserve a rest.

The fella from City Nmecha as got no bottle and no idea what is required from him,Britass has never been up for a scrap and needs a short sharp talking to if Woodgate as it in himself to do it. Fletcher had his head so far down it was below his knees at certain times during the game.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, White Band said:

As I've said before, the March international break will be too late. Gibbo has got very out of touch with the modern game and he has put Woody in a very unfair position.  We either need to make a change in the next month to salvage our Championship status or carry on sleep walking for the rest of the season with the inevitable consequence. 

I agree it's too late but it has always scheduled for that because Gibson is reluctant to sack Woodgate unless we are in massive danger of relegation - which I believe we have been in for a while tbh.

1 minute ago, chipchat said:

I know people are saying Woodgate has been dealt a poor hand but our budget and our playing staff are still significantly ahead of what Luton has to work with and it didn't look that way today.

It's not just about budget or players, though. Woody has been set up to fail because they knew he didn't have the experience and he hasn't had an experienced person to support and mentor him.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I agree it's too late but it has always scheduled for that because Gibson is reluctant to sack Woodgate unless we are in massive danger of relegation - which I believe we have been in for a while tbh.

That will only leave 6 games to go. Wonderful!

Just now, thatoldchestnut said:

That will only leave 6 games to go. Wonderful!

Yep exactly and the run in I wouldn't say is the easiest after the way we are currently performing.

I hope someone tells Woody that changing from a back 4 to a back 5 every week just confuses the whole dynamic of the team.

He has the players to play a back 4 which he has complained about all season and then goes and play a back 5 today against a shockingly poor Luton team. 

• Like 2

I think we have really missed Roberts creativity since he been injured. Maybe not so much v Blackburn and Brentford but against Wigan and today v Luton when they were defensively very stubborn we just lacked ideas. There was nothing there in terms of trying to unlock their defence. Roberts has that bit of magic you need where he can either create something out of nothing or can force the opposition to make a stupid challenge.

i was very surprised Ravel was not introduced. There is little point in having 4 strikers on pitch if you not got the creativity to provide something for them.

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, White Band said:

It's not just about budget or players, though. Woody has been set up to fail because they knew he didn't have the experience and he hasn't had an experienced person to support and mentor him.

Did he ask for one?

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I think we have really missed Roberts creativity since he been injured. Maybe not so much v Blackburn and Brentford but against Wigan and today v Luton when they were defensively very stubborn we just lacked ideas. There was nothing there in terms of trying to unlock their defence. Roberts has that bit of magic you need where he can either create something out of nothing or can force the opposition to make a stupid challenge.

i was very surprised Ravel was not introduced. There is little point in having 4 strikers on pitch if you not got the creativity to provide something for them.

People keep saying this but he's played 3 league matches for us and we didn't win any of them.

We're just rubbish regardless of who's fit.

15 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

There is ONLY one common denominator for being where we are, WOODGATE. 
classless line ups, substitutions, tactics, inspiration.   

No, it’s Steve Gibson. This falls on him. We all knew what we were getting with Woodgate..an inexperienced novice with no right to be the man in charge of the club. The reason he got the job was because he was cheap and a local lad. Can’t afford a good manager, but can afford a keeper with a fee of £1million plus wages who doesn’t even get in the squad. 
Absolute laughable from top to bottom.

• Like 3

Today was just so poor in performance, most of the players didn't seem upto the fight today. McNair was awful today, slow off the mark and did very little in midfield. Wing couldn't get into the game at all, and even more so when we had four strikers on. Spence seems to dally on the ball a bit almost like he is undecided what to do, I guess that will come with experience. We should of had ravel on from the start instead of McNair. I'll stop here as it just depresses me..