• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't Panic Live footage from Rockliffe Park: Harold Moukoudi undergoes intense shooting practice: Assombalonga practices penalties: Meanwhile Woody and Leo work on

Woodgate thinks that tactics are small minty things that come in a plastic box.

I have one good thing to say about the game today. Well done to the fans on the solidarity and getting behind Leadbitter.    

Posted Images

Well that was dreadful. We were pants and Luton did a number on us (a number 2 to be precise). We never had a real chance on goal other than the odd flash cross that no-one could get on the end of.

Moukoudi scares me when he gets on the ball. He seems to recieve it, then start thinking about what he's going to do with it. I'll pass on the buy at the end of the season thanks. 

Nmecha seems like another Alex nimbly. Maybe slightly better. He won't be playing champions league football anytime soon, let's put it that way. Especially at city...

Although luton were the better team and deserved the points, After 20 minutes, their players all seemed to catch the coronavirus. They were dropping like flies. 70 minutes of time wasting isn't fun to watch. Their no. 8 should have been off as well. Little rat.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

People keep saying this but he's played 3 league matches for us and we didn't win any of them.

We're just rubbish regardless of who's fit.

It is not about us winning games with him in the team. It is about the chances we create with him in team either directly or through fouls he wins. He played a big part in the 2 goals we scored v Derby and won the penalty v Birmingham which Paddy unfortunately missed.

i watched us v Wigan & Luton and the worrying thing bar the performance as a whole is that over 2 games against two of the worst teams in the league we haven't actually troubled either defence in the slightest over the course of 3hrs of football. Lewis Wing had 2 pot shots from outside the box v Wigan and lets not discuss our creativity v Luton as i meant end up swearing.

Roberts is only player we have who has the close control and dribbling ability to actually run at opposition defenders and cause them issues. To that end as i said in my above post I was surprised someone like Ravel was not introduced today.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

At least Browne and Bola will be able to help the squad transition to the demands of League One.

Dont hold your breath on that one as neither started today for Oxford and Blackpool respectively. Bola did not get on and Browne came on for last 25 minutes.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

He did and it was Steve Round, however Boro couldn't agree terms and gave Keane the assistant Job instead when he was initially offered a first team coach role.

Round wouldn't work under Woodgate. That was the deal breaker. See why he wouldn't now 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Scrape together a few draws and a win, hope the teams below us drop points and pray Sheffield Wednesday and Derby get huge points deductions.

I still think we'll stay up by a few places - just as when we had a good run and people were looking upwards so now when it's a bad run people are fearing the worst. A couple of results can change the face of it. That said, Woody seems to have had more bad months than good ones so far. Crunch time for him. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

No, it’s Steve Gibson. This falls on him. We all knew what we were getting with Woodgate..an inexperienced novice with no right to be the man in charge of the club. The reason he got the job was because he was cheap and a local lad. Can’t afford a good manager, but can afford a keeper with a fee of £1million plus wages who doesn’t even get in the squad. 
Absolute laughable from top to bottom.

OK I concede SG did pick him but a novice billy smart clown would have this team in mid table. Who knew Woody was so inept 

19 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Round wouldn't work under Woodgate. That was the deal breaker. See why he wouldn't now 

From what I was told, he came up for talks and was definately interested but he was offended by what we offered him.

1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

OK I concede SG did pick him but a novice billy smart clown would have this team in mid table. Who knew Woody was so inept 

The squad would have been safe by playing percentage footall ala Pulis. JW tried to make us an expansive attacking team with players whose skill sets all over the pitch did not match with this philosophy. The players he has spent money on have either failed to impress, gone back out on loan or vanished. His loan signings are almost as bad. We were chasing Nmecha all summer but from what I have seen I fail to see what he adds. Roberts 3 cameo appearances were promising but teams would soon do a Traore job on him and Morrison, when we desperately needed someone to open the door today was kept on the bench. I really dont like managers changing all the time as you have to tear it up and start all over. This time though he hasnt built anything to tear up so there is absolutely nothing to lose by trying anybody else.

Question to everyone demanding Woody out (not that I necessarily disagree), Who would you get in as replacement?

I'm not a big fan of Woody but I can't think of anyone who I;d rather have EDIT: Who I know of and is available and would come here.

Edited by Final Sun
2 minutes ago, Final Sun said:

Question to everyone demanding Woody out (not that I necessarily disagree), Who would you get in as replacement?

I'm not a big fan of Woody but I can't think of anyone who I;d rather have.

Literally anyone. Hell bring back Pulis, things were far better under him than they are now!

I don't know much about lower league managers but someone with experience from the lower leagues would have been far better to put in charge of this kind of project.