oneBoro Forum

image.thumb.png.63d2de740e540ce7ac819d42e157aece.png

How does a midget get a free header in our penalty area when we have three central defenders?  It was a mighty leap mind from the Lilliputian midfield maestro.  I'm not even sure he managed to head it as I think Friend is the player who actually flicks it on for their goal while making that rather desperate attempt at a challenge.  Thank God he's back!

image.thumb.png.d145b8848d1af444ad88387fff7ae7d4.png

I don't have my coaching badges and I'm not an ex England defender but to me as the move develops we seem to be giving the midget quite a lot of room.  In case there are any Boro players looking in on this thread, the player I'm talking about is circled in red and I've also drawn a sad face as a clue that it's not a good thing.  It's ok though because Howson, one of the Championship's best defenders, has got him firmly in his sights!

image.png.2fb4c6b1313b142a326aec6cccce42b4.png

Here's the goalscorer circled a second or two later than the previous image.  There's Wing a few yards away looking right at him.  There's Saville yards ahead of him but watching the ball and there's Coulson who is about to realise that he needs to be sprinting back because Wing isn't going to (as usual), and although Saville is going to turn his head and look at Tunnicliffe from a great position to deal with him, he will just keep jogging into the middle where Luton have no players at all.  It's his keen sense for danger that makes him such a good midfielder to play in front of the defence!

In case you hadn't guessed, I figured out how to draw lines on pictures earlier 🤸‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't Panic Live footage from Rockliffe Park: Harold Moukoudi undergoes intense shooting practice: Assombalonga practices penalties: Meanwhile Woody and Leo work on

Woodgate thinks that tactics are small minty things that come in a plastic box.

I have one good thing to say about the game today. Well done to the fans on the solidarity and getting behind Leadbitter.    

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Final Sun said:

Question to everyone demanding Woody out (not that I necessarily disagree), Who would you get in as replacement?

I'm not a big fan of Woody but I can't think of anyone who I;d rather have.

Well, the problem there is Gibson won't spend money buying out a contract, so we're stuck with whoever is already unemployed, meaning they were likely sacked from their last job.  No wonder we do so well with managers.

But frankly, anyone who will pick one formation and can explain to a midfield how to play an attacking ball forward.

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

Yep exactly and the run in I wouldn't say is the easiest after the way we are currently performing.

I hope someone tells Woody that changing from a back 4 to a back 5 every week just confuses the whole dynamic of the team.

He has the players to play a back 4 which he has complained about all season and then goes and play a back 5 today against a shockingly poor Luton team. 

The back 4 back 5 thing is annoying but often somewhat forced on him by never having any fit senior CBs, easier to get away with makeshift CBs when there are three of them.

The thing that annoys me most is when he plays a back 4 his seemingly absolute refusal to try and play Spence there, he just instantly drops him.

7 minutes ago, Final Sun said:

Question to everyone demanding Woody out (not that I necessarily disagree), Who would you get in as replacement?

I'm not a big fan of Woody but I can't think of anyone who I;d rather have EDIT: Who I know of and is available and would come here.

There are Amazonian tribesmen, kept apart from human civilisation who don't even know that football exists, that could do a better job than him.  The last two games we've looked as poorly prepared than just about any games I can remember in my life under any manager.  We must have the worst head coach/manager in the division.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

The back 4 back 5 thing is annoying but often somewhat forced on him by never having any fit senior CBs, easier to get away with makeshift CBs when there are three of them.

The thing that annoys me most is when he plays a back 4 his seemingly absolute refusal to try and play Spence there, he just instantly drops him.

TBF I wouldn't play Spence is a back 4 myself but that's only because I don't believe the hype around the lad.

His positionally defensively is very poor so I'd be worried what he would be like in a back 4.

It's a position I have think we have struggled in since Parnaby and Danny Mills (for the season he was here). 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

I expected as much, but it's weird he said he was fine in the press conference yesterday.

We do that all the time now with injuries.  The players always seem to be ok or 50/50 to play and then it turns out that they are injured for a weeks.  I assume it's a cunning plan by Baldrick to trick the other teams before we play them.

12 minutes ago, Final Sun said:

I'm not a big fan of Woody but I can't think of anyone who I;d rather have EDIT: Who I know of and is available and would come here.

Would have to be someone out of contract probably. A short term contract for Warnock would be the only one I could think of.  That might give us a chance of finding someone equipped to take a project forward in the summer.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

We do that all the time now with injuries.  The players always seem to be ok or 50/50 to play and then it turns out that they are injured for a weeks.  I assume it's a cunning plan by Baldrick to trick the other teams before we play them.

Clearly the big Fry for Friend switcharound played havoc with their gameplan, what with them bouncing the ball off Friend's head straight into the path of their man for their goal.

We’ve made absolutely no progress under Woodgate. He isn’t learning as he’s as thick as two planks of wood. His inability to put a team out on the pitch to carry out a detailed plan was inescapable today. It’s devastating to think how far we’ve sunk since our promotion season. Steve Gibson not even bothering coming to games sums up his lack of interest in us.

19 minutes ago, Final Sun said:

Aitor Karanka.

I know they say “you should never go back” and he has his downsides, but he’s a very good coach and steadily improved our team over several seasons. Our home record and defensive record in the Championship under him was nothing short of fantastic. We’ve been a shambles ever since he left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
23 minutes ago, Final Sun said:

Neil Warnock since we missed Pearson who had been interviewed on at least two occasions, someone with vast experience and who has won promotion recently ( on quite a small budget aswell ) 

loves the boro too