oneBoro Forum

1 minute ago, p_mards said:

Aitor Karanka.

I know they say “you should never go back” and he has his downsides, but he’s a very good coach and steadily improved our team over several seasons. Our home record and defensive record in the Championship under him was nothing short of fantastic. We’ve been a shambles ever since he left.

We couldn't afford Karanka in a million years.

Neil Warnock on a deal until the summer with a nice bonus if he keeps us up would work.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't Panic Live footage from Rockliffe Park: Harold Moukoudi undergoes intense shooting practice: Assombalonga practices penalties: Meanwhile Woody and Leo work on

Woodgate thinks that tactics are small minty things that come in a plastic box.

I have one good thing to say about the game today. Well done to the fans on the solidarity and getting behind Leadbitter.    

Posted Images

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

We couldn't afford Karanka in a million years.

Neil Warnock on a deal until the summer with a nice bonus if he keeps us up would work.

Yeah, true. And he isn’t a “yes man” to Steve Gibson.

5 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Good to see that you made it over enjoy the game

Thanks pal. 4500 miles, got to see family at least. Game was shocking.

My thoughts as follows

1. Spence seemed off today. I think the two game rest actually may of backfired

2. We lacked real genuine quality in midfield and creativity. Surprised we only two subs used that he never put on Tav or Morrison

3. Really confused by the 4 strikers on the pitch. It was clear as day we lacked the creativity

4. Players seemed to really lack motivation. Not sure what or why

5. Harold reminded me of Bikey in a way. There are moments of brilliance and others where I am like wtf

• Like 1
Just now, RealSlimSladeyy said:

I had a dream I met Karanka last night. A sign? 

I had a dream I'd completely forgotten I was supposed to be at the Luton match, I woke up before I'd even managed to get to the stadium, I spent ages trying to find it and couldn't.

Feels like an adventure I'd have preferred.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I had a dream I'd completely forgotten I was supposed to be at the Luton match, I woke up before I'd even managed to get to the stadium, I spent ages trying to find it and couldn't.

Feels like an adventure I'd have preferred.

Hahah fortunately for me I was busy today and could only follow the game via livescore/ my mates’ updates 

34 minutes ago, Final Sun said:

Question to everyone demanding Woody out (not that I necessarily disagree), Who would you get in as replacement?

I'm not a big fan of Woody but I can't think of anyone who I;d rather have EDIT: Who I know of and is available and would come here.

Can't quite believe I'm saying this, but I've been thinking it for a while...

Warnock on a short term deal until the summer. He wants one final hurrah and wants to go out with a bang. He would sort out our defence and midfield and keep us up. As a short term thing it would suit both parties. 

I wanted Hughton in the summer, but he wouldn't come short term and we can't afford him longer term. I know I'm in the minority, but I don't Jokanovic would have been a good fit for our players and I didn't particularly want him. May not be fashionable, but someone in the ilk of Nigel Adkins would get a lot out of the players we already have. 

4 minutes ago, xathras said:

2. We lacked real genuine quality in midfield and creativity. Surprised we only two subs used that he never put on Tav or Morrison

3. Really confused by the 4 strikers on the pitch. It was clear as day we lacked the creativity

4. Players seemed to really lack motivation. Not sure what or why

Thing is, we can all see these problems.  Yet apparently Woodgate can't.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, xathras said:

We weren't particularly at the races anywhere on the pitch but the changes to make us 5-2-3 and then 4-2-4 meant we were completely losing the midfield battle for the hope of some desperate direct challenge. Not to mention that Howson, who'd had a bloody awful game, got to stay on the pitch at right-back whilst Spence was dragged off despite not really doing a great deal wrong compared to his team-mates.

I looked at it at half-time and felt we needed to change the shape to get anything out of the game. 5-2-3 and then 4-2-4 was not the answer.

I didn't even think at the time but how McNair stayed on whilst Saville came off too... what on Earth was going on there? That must be one of the worst games McNair has played for us and he saw through the 90 minutes, utterly crazy.

We had one sub left and persisted with Nmecha and Fletcher as 'wingers'. It was dire, truly dire. 

• Like 2

Woodgate should never have got the job in the first place. He wasn't experienced enough, he never came across as management material when he was a player and his behaviour off the pitch is not something I wanted to associate with our club either. 

However, we are such a poorly run club from top to bottom and sacking him would only solve a small part of the problem. 

It feels like we are a club in total decline and league 1 looks a lot more likely that the Premier league in the near future. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TAPOUT said:

The squad would have been safe by playing percentage footall ala Pulis. JW tried to make us an expansive attacking team with players whose skill sets all over the pitch did not match with this philosophy. The players he has spent money on have either failed to impress, gone back out on loan or vanished. His loan signings are almost as bad. We were chasing Nmecha all summer but from what I have seen I fail to see what he adds. Roberts 3 cameo appearances were promising but teams would soon do a Traore job on him and Morrison, when we desperately needed someone to open the door today was kept on the bench. I really dont like managers changing all the time as you have to tear it up and start all over. This time though he hasnt built anything to tear up so there is absolutely nothing to lose by trying anybody else.

I think you hit the nail on the head. We have zero to loose and we would see quick results with a different manager, because Woody has built nothing we would need to change. No one knows what Woody has or is trying to do. Even if he was here and into next season Woody has nothing to offer, period. 

• Like 1

I will tell you this that partner of his in Bulkhaul "O'Neill" must be one hell of a business man to keep making money for Gibson to throw away on his hobby.

I mean lets face it if the MFC were making money after all the investment he as made in the club then perhaps I would say Gibson was a good businessman.

But when I look at the state of the MFC and the wastage that the club has I can only assume O'Neill is the man behind Gibson, and he is the one who has the brains for business.

• Like 1