• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't Panic Live footage from Rockliffe Park: Harold Moukoudi undergoes intense shooting practice: Assombalonga practices penalties: Meanwhile Woody and Leo work on

Woodgate thinks that tactics are small minty things that come in a plastic box.

I have one good thing to say about the game today. Well done to the fans on the solidarity and getting behind Leadbitter.    

Posted Images

3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

We weren't particularly at the races anywhere on the pitch but the changes to make us 5-2-3 and then 4-2-4 meant we were completely losing the midfield battle for the hope of some desperate direct challenge. Not to mention that Howson, who'd had a bloody awful game, got to stay on the pitch at right-back whilst Spence was dragged off despite not really doing a great deal wrong compared to his team-mates.

I looked at it at half-time and felt we needed to change the shape to get anything out of the game. 5-2-3 and then 4-2-4 was not the answer.

I didn't even think at the time but how McNair stayed on whilst Saville came off too... what on Earth was going on there? That must be one of the worst games McNair has played for us and he saw through the 90 minutes, utterly crazy.

We had one sub left and persisted with Nmecha and Fletcher as 'wingers'. It was dire, truly dire. 

Spot on, word for word, mate 👍

4 hours ago, xathras said:

Thanks pal. 4500 miles, got to see family at least. Game was shocking.

My thoughts as follows

1. Spence seemed off today. I think the two game rest actually may of backfired

2. We lacked real genuine quality in midfield and creativity. Surprised we only two subs used that he never put on Tav or Morrison

3. Really confused by the 4 strikers on the pitch. It was clear as day we lacked the creativity

4. Players seemed to really lack motivation. Not sure what or why

5. Harold reminded me of Bikey in a way. There are moments of brilliance and others where I am like wtf

That's our plan B.  Plan A is whatever idea Woodgate comes up with in the build up to the game.  Plan B is chuck loads of attackers on and hope that we score a goal.

If you travelled 4,500 miles to watch that then you should be given free tickets for life or something.  That sounds more like a punishment but I meant it in a nice way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Changing Times said:

If you travelled 4,500 miles to watch that then you should be given free tickets for life or something.  That sounds more like a punishment but I meant it in a nice way.

Flew over from Chicago and had a few days here to catch-up with family before a business trip in Serbia

Was a total let down on boro front though. Pure disgusting football

• Like 1

Our only effective method of playing is having the wing backs performing 

When this doesn't happen we're f**ked and today was an example

Clearly seeing us as a one trick pony with minimum options is going to cost us I fear 😔

I’m one that was excited by our form over Christmas and thought Woodgate had found a formula that worked. I was at the Preston match and thought we were excellent. Quick, dynamic attacking play (once we were 1-0 up), the best I’d seen us play for a long time. 

Yesterday was back to square one. Felt like we had no idea. Slow and ponderous, giving Luton all the time in the world to get back and defend with ease. Almost more worrying was Luton looked like they wanted it more. They seemed to win every 50/50, were putting their bodies on the line and fully deserved the win. 

I honestly don’t know what the game plan is any more and have zero confidence in Woodgate learning any lessons from this season at all. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, RiseSirAxlRose said:

Fcuk me Jesus Christ no! Omg it’s come to this 😞 

Well he'd be better than Sol Campbell at least. 😁

At this point I'd even give Gary Neville a shot! 

(okay - maybe not THAT desperate)

I'm genuinely gutted. I thought that the team before the game was up there with the best that we could put out. 

However, as many have said, it was probably up there in the top 3 for worst performances this season. I stopped watching after 60 mins because I knew we wouldnt score. 

There are so many things to unpick about that game its difficult to know where to start. 

December was a blip, no doubt about it. And for me i will hold my hands up and admit that Woodgate did a great job in December. But that's it. That's the anomaly to this.

8 wins in 33.  Enough is enough. 

Look at Everton. A better coach is getting more out of the players. It's not rocket science! But Gibson is so stubborn and sill give Woodgate more time than he deserves and unfortunately it will then be too late. 

Stop the experiment Gibson!

• Like 3

I was at the match yesterday. Nobody played well, but in particular I thought that Nmecha and McNair were awful. 

Every time McNair plays centre mid, we have zero presence in the middle of the park. The guy is a headless chicken, just puts his head down, kicks the ball in front of him and hopes for the best. Either play him as a CB or don’t play him at all. 

I know we’ve had some very poor performances this season but, given the context of yesterday, that display was the worst I’ve seen for sometime. Utterly incompetent all over the pitch. Lua Lua was made to look like a world beater. 

1 hour ago, ManBearPig said:

Stop the experiment Gibson!

Or get out of the way and sell up, if anyone's interested in buying.

I honestly don't know where Boro are going, it's just farce after farce. Thinking back to the cup runs in the Steve McClaren days and Juninho, Ravanelli and even Craig Hignet it all seems so far away. I remember people thinking McClaren was a clown and maybe he was but I'd have those days back in a millisecond.

Actually I'd have the Lennie Lawrence days.

51 minutes ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

I was at the match yesterday. Nobody played well, but in particular I thought that Nmecha and McNair were awful. 

Every time McNair plays centre mid, we have zero presence in the middle of the park. The guy is a headless chicken, just puts his head down, kicks the ball in front of him and hopes for the best. Either play him as a CB or don’t play him at all. 

I know we’ve had some very poor performances this season but, given the context of yesterday, that display was the worst I’ve seen for sometime. Utterly incompetent all over the pitch. Lua Lua was made to look like a world beater. 

Which is weird because IMO he was by far our best CM to start the season. It's like during his time at CB he's totally forgotten how to play well in midfield.

• Like 2

My stance is this:

I’m not Woodgate out, I’ll give him until the end of the season unless we drop into the relegation zone again. 

If we were to sack him, I wouldn’t be upset to lose him. Sure, on the most basic level I like that he’s clearly a passionate boro fan but he just comes across as such an ***. I’ve had to stop listening to his interviews because every one makes me like him less. My concern with sacking him would be the fact I have exactly 0 faith in the board to make a suitable replacement. 

This is not an interesting post, I’ve said all of this before, but I’ll get my position out there regardless.

• Like 3

Not posted for a while but I don't even know this Boro anymore.  I get that clubs change etc. (Look at Man Utd.)

However, the club is knackered from top to bottom, ran badly or appears to be.  I just don't expect anything when play now, nice and simple.  A win and I'm surprised..