oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Boro v Luton 0-1

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Are Friend and Shotton in contention this weekend does anyone know? 

Hope not. Did better without them. Good backups just in case 

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

My guess is Shotton is available for tomorrow

26 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I hope so, as that would make JW push Howson into midfield. Let him play in his natural position and earn a new contract for being an effective midfielder.

Haha i find it amusing that pre Wigan away game i saw many posters criticise the 3 at the back as it was too negative and kept calling for a 4.3.3. However since Wigan when did go with 4 at the back all i seen for Luton home game is the call for the 3 at the back to return.

Just goes to show some of us fans are very easily swayed haha.

47 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Haha i find it amusing that pre Wigan away game i saw many posters criticise the 3 at the back as it was too negative and kept calling for a 4.3.3. However since Wigan when did go with 4 at the back all i seen for Luton home game is the call for the 3 at the back to return.

Just goes to show some of us fans are very easily swayed haha.

Not so much swayed TLF, more the point that Woodgate says he prefers a 433. I wanted him to develop his philosophy this year as something to build on for next year.  Despite the fact that some of the youngsters have signed  new contracts this year, on the pitch has been a complete waste. He has not developed his system and we are left trying to accommodate players into a different system to be effective. I expect us to stay up, but I think its a case of starting again next year. All we have done is tread water. He needed to be brave and stick to his philosophy in my opinion.

There are going to be goals today and to win we need to score more than Luton.

Our forward midfielders and attack need to get their act together and test their keeper instead of faffing around trying to walk the ball into the net.

Good game for any neutrals

If we keep a clean sheet we win this game personally as Luton concede a goal every game pretty much only 1 clean sheet for them in 21 games

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

There are going to be goals today and to win we need to score more than Luton.

Our forward midfielders and attack need to get their act together and test their keeper instead of faffing around trying to walk the ball into the net.

Good game for any neutrals

Howard-Wilkinson.jpg

9 hours ago, TAPOUT said:

Not so much swayed TLF, more the point that Woodgate says he prefers a 433. I wanted him to develop his philosophy this year as something to build on for next year.  Despite the fact that some of the youngsters have signed  new contracts this year, on the pitch has been a complete waste. He has not developed his system and we are left trying to accommodate players into a different system to be effective. I expect us to stay up, but I think its a case of starting again next year. All we have done is tread water. He needed to be brave and stick to his philosophy in my opinion.

There a piece in the Gazette today you might find interesting as he talks about formations on there.

I personally am not overly fixated on formations. I think you can play positive football in a 3.5.2, 4.3.3, 3.4.3, 4.2.3.2l1 etc and equally you can play negative football in such formations depending on tactics you employ in any given formation.

I like the flexibility that we can play different formations too.

Generally speaking JW has tried to be positive regardless of formation. Sometimes too positive imo.

I dont get to see us much, just highlights, but I would like to see a 4231 with a front 4 of

Fletcher

Tav

Morrison

Wing

Similar to how we set up with Aitor. Wide attacking midfielders buzzing around with width coming from the full backs. Just need to get the 2 CDM right....