• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't Panic Live footage from Rockliffe Park: Harold Moukoudi undergoes intense shooting practice: Assombalonga practices penalties: Meanwhile Woody and Leo work on

Woodgate thinks that tactics are small minty things that come in a plastic box.

I have one good thing to say about the game today. Well done to the fans on the solidarity and getting behind Leadbitter.    

Posted Images

13 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Haha i find it amusing that pre Wigan away game i saw many posters criticise the 3 at the back as it was too negative and kept calling for a 4.3.3. However since Wigan when did go with 4 at the back all i seen for Luton home game is the call for the 3 at the back to return.

Just goes to show some of us fans are very easily swayed haha.

Personally I'd try and figure out a way to go 4-4-2. Hey - if we can have midfielders playing in defence...why not get a forward or two in midfield?

27 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Looks like a formation the Red Arrows would do! What is it...5-3-2...5-2-3...2-3-2-1-2?

Well McNair can drop back into defence when defending so be a back five but on the attack need to be in this formation

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, TLF10 said:

There a piece in the Gazette today you might find interesting as he talks about formations on there.

I personally am not overly fixated on formations. I think you can play positive football in a 3.5.2, 4.3.3, 3.4.3, 4.2.3.2l1 etc and equally you can play negative football in such formations depending on tactics you employ in any given formation.

I like the flexibility that we can play different formations too.

Generally speaking JW has tried to be positive regardless of formation. Sometimes too positive imo.

I thought it was an interesting piece. My concern with JW stems from what he said when appointed. Having coached the squad last year and knowing what they could do he thought the squad could play 433 and that there were goals in the team. That has not been the case. If he really thinks that having a good number 6 is going to change that I am a little worried. For me we are as far away from having a squad to play 433 as we were last year. If we had scored more goals I may have been a happier bunny but I really dont know what he is trying to develop when I watch us. Personally I could not care what formation we play, other than wanting a consistent one that is more potent. It may be ok being flexible if you are getting results but we aren’t unfortunately. Anyway, enough of this cheerful optimism.

• Like 2

Still find it hard to understand why people are dropping Saville in there teams, when he’s been one of our top 3 performers of late. 
Stop judging him on his precious form. He’s a good player. Watch him, he does the basics right and wins the ball back a lot of times, and does the dirty work. Also against what people would believe, he rarely actually  gives the ball away, 

With fry out we could see a return to 3 at the back.

He has indicated before he does not see George as a CB in a back 4 but gives great balance in a back 3. Therefore if Friend returns it could be a back 3 of Howson Harold Friend.

Alternatively Shotton could be a direct replacement for Fry and therefore back 4 may continue.

Looks like Fry will miss Luton, Barnsley and Leeds. We play forest on Monday 2nd March so could make it back for that.