• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who would have thought Gibson hiring his mates to do a job they were massively under qualified for would turn out like this

Now then lads, long time no speak!   I was sceptical that Woodgate got the job in the summer because Gibson was too short sighted to realise that getting the cheap option who’s not going to

Stinks of a post-Karanka Boro Championship special to me. Start slow, get outfought, concede an early goal thanks to a switched off defender. Two down just before half-time, or stays at one throu

Posted Images

I would go with following

Pears

Shotton Harold Friend

Howson Paddy Wing Tav Coulson

Britt Fletch

Not against Spence but we need to get back to being strong and that back 3 has good experience and 2 out the 3 are naturally centre backs. So hopefully that offers the solidity we need

Harsh on Sav but i think we need Tav in team as he carries the ball well from CM towards the strikers. And the link between midfield n forwards of late has been non existent.

I deliberated whether to play Ravel or Britt with Fletch. Gone with Britt in hope of extra firepower. I am hoping Tavs inclusion means creativity of Ravel is less needed. Nmecha n Rudy not done much of late. I accept neither has Britt but hoping thats down to him feeling his way back after injury. For all his faults his record in this league is good and i hope he can find the form he showed towards in last 6 games of last season where he went on a run.

Howson was bloody dreadful against Luton, one of the worst performers. I know he's out of position but he's had much better performances than that at centre-back against forwards who were actually capable of troubling him. I know Woodgate won't drop him but Spence has to play right wing-back for me. I'd probably put Howson into midfield if he's got to be anywhere as I thought Paddy, playing in midfield, was the worst of the worst.

My team would perhaps be:

Pears

Spence Shotton Moukoudi Friend Coulson

Saville 

Wing Morrison Tav

Fletcher

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TAPOUT said:

More than anything I hope we win. Not sure of what team he is going to put out or what formation he is going to play and I suppose it doesn't really matter if we get 3 points. It has been a complete waste of a season for me. I can normally see the positives in most things, even Pulis, but we just seem to be drifting into ever increasing mediocrity. 

Woodgate probably doesn't know what formation he's picking, perhaps he'll go 4-2-4 again and hope Barnsley's midfield play ***.

53 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Howson was bloody dreadful against Luton, one of the worst performers. I know he's out of position but he's had much better performances than that at centre-back against forwards who were actually capable of troubling him. I know Woodgate won't drop him but Spence has to play right wing-back for me. I'd probably put Howson into midfield if he's got to be anywhere as I thought Paddy, playing in midfield, was the worst of the worst.

My team would perhaps be:

Pears

Spence Shotton Moukoudi Friend Coulson

Saville 

Wing Morrison Tav

Fletcher

Howson has been playing out of position, but has been as effective as if he had been playing in midfield. I hope we offer Howsons wage to Ayala as he is probably the only one we should retain out of the out of contract players.

• Like 1

Have to agree with the team Wilson has suggested and whist Howson has been MOM for quite a few games his form has dipped together with Paddy who seems to be on a different pitch to all the other.

TLF mentioned Britt being preferred, again have to say since his return, not once can I honestly say that I felt happy about it and that he had been a real miss (supple observation here) nor added anything at all to the team by his performances.

This is a must not lose game because at best will be ok with a point 

Other games of interest today include:

PNE V Hull (Want a home win here)

Charlton V Luton (at best both will drop points with a draw but points will be dropped)

Swansea V Huddersfield (Home win again for me)

Birmingham V Sheffield Wednesday (interest due to possible points deduction)

Wigan V Millwall (Don't often want an away win)

Stoke V Cardiff (Come on you blues)

Looking at some of those fixtures it is clear we can give ourselves a real boost if we win and allowing a further distance of points between us and some of those below us

9 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Given the weather again we have to play it on the floor. I would go for

Pears

Spence Harold Friend Coulson

Saville Howson

Ravel Wing Tav

Fletcher

Can we actually play it on the floor haven't seen us string more than 10 passes together all season 🤪

I'd like a 352 formation.

Pears

Shotton, moukoudi, friend

Howson          Saville              Coulson

Ravel       Tavernier

Fletcher     Britt