• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who would have thought Gibson hiring his mates to do a job they were massively under qualified for would turn out like this

Now then lads, long time no speak!   I was sceptical that Woodgate got the job in the summer because Gibson was too short sighted to realise that getting the cheap option who’s not going to

Stinks of a post-Karanka Boro Championship special to me. Start slow, get outfought, concede an early goal thanks to a switched off defender. Two down just before half-time, or stays at one throu

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

If we'd stuck with last weeks starting 11, I don't think we'd have had a cat in hells chance of beating Barnsley, it was that poor.

Aside from that, you can't just name the same XI after a *** performance like that. You have to make a statement that says, "I'm not accepting that".

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Barnsley are going to roll us over with that lineup. I hope i'm proven wrong and Woodgate turns out to have pulled a masterstroke, but I can't see it. No pace whatsoever, is the plan just to sit back and try to break?

Either that or get the ball to Wingy and let him do 30-yard rocket shots all afternoon.

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Barnsley are going to roll us over with that lineup. I hope i'm proven wrong and Woodgate turns out to have pulled a masterstroke, but I can't see it. No pace whatsoever, is the plan just to sit back and try to break?

The problem is you've summed it up we haven't got the pace to break.

• Like 1

Supporting the Boro for many is such a test

Getting into a game and then seeing the result go west

Losing or drawing, never winning and seeing a goal fest

Is it any wonder that I never bother to watch us on Channel Quest!

Bah humbug! one day my patience will be rewarded

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Supporting the Boro for many is such a test

Getting into a game and then seeing the result go west

Losing or drawing, never winning and seeing a goal fest

Is it any wonder that I never bother to watch us on Channel Quest!

Bah humbug! one day my patience will be rewarded

Very good! 👍

Lets hope all our patience is rewarded...today, if possible...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm not talking about giving him credit over the long term. I'm saying that game was perhaps the best we've played this season and it was really good. That doesn't happen thanks to luck. West Brom didn't just let us win, we won the tactical battle by being set up tactically in favour of winning the game away at the league leaders. You won't even give him that which says your judgement of short-term victories is blinded by the long-term and the long-term is not something I'm disputing. You don't have to give him a resounding pat on the back for a whole season by allowing one match to be considered a genuine success.

Okay, I can see we disagree on that game.  I think he just lucked into a setup that worked. 

If he was a good enough coach to examine the opposition and set Boro up to counter their play, to attack and to win a game against one of the best teams in the league,  through his ability as a manager, then I'd suggest he should be able to against Luton.  Or a 10 man Wigan.  Or any of the other hugely disappointing games we've played this season.

There's 30 odd games this season that suggest he can't do that.  So yeah, the one time it really works is a fluke.

EDIT:  And today's line up is another random one.  No consensus here as to what that's supposed to be, though, like you I'd say it looks like Howson and Johnson as WBs.  

I don't think pace is everything, also even when we have a pacey side out we never seem to really exploit it. 

Times like this you do need some experienced heads in the team. It does look like the team I predicted apart from I had Coulson and Tav in instead of Johnson and Wing. 

Hopefully see a good game from ravel today. Im going 2 nil to boro today UTB 

2 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Tbf to Johnson is has had an ok season and his final ball isn't to bad 

I think Johnson has generally been one of our better players this season. Fans don't like him because he hadn't done well here previously. The timing of his red card was unfortunate because it turned fans against him again just as they had been starting to accept him a little bit more, and it's fashionable to hate him again.

• Like 2