• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who would have thought Gibson hiring his mates to do a job they were massively under qualified for would turn out like this

Now then lads, long time no speak!   I was sceptical that Woodgate got the job in the summer because Gibson was too short sighted to realise that getting the cheap option who’s not going to

Stinks of a post-Karanka Boro Championship special to me. Start slow, get outfought, concede an early goal thanks to a switched off defender. Two down just before half-time, or stays at one throu

Posted Images

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

He does always try to find the positives. He seems like a top bloke from what I've heard but he does find himself in a very difficult situation when trying to criticise even the worst of results/performances. Still, it's harsh calling for someone who is just putting his two cents in to be sacked.

Maybe you should be sacked from this forum!

angry wrestling GIF

I suppose the issue is whether he is able to have a certain amount of detachment from the club as he's also an employee of the club, in order to comment on our performances.

9 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Ok we all know who we face next and many have said that our players might suddenly be up for a fight and put on a good performance.

All for that BUT if we do what should we make of all the rubbish we have witnessed of late?

Will it be clear that the players are just players and not a team?

And should we be miffed if they do put on a good performance?

Just a thought

Quite honestly I will be even more *** off and I think my feelings will be borderline hatred.

This is supposed to be a professional football club and the players are paid (maybe not brilliantly by Championship standards, but still well by normal ones) to give 100% week in, week out...not just make an effort when they feel like it.

IF by some miracle we get anything from the Leeds game, I will be somewhat relieved that we are still maintaining a gap between us and the bottom 3.

But overall I will be raging at what this shower of *** has done to the club, all because they couldn't act like the professional footballers they are supposed to be.

Its all very well hating the manager, not liking having to play out of position, or having a problem with your team mates, but at the end of the day, you're being paid to do a job and you should damn well do it to the best of your ability.

If any of us did our jobs as badly as this lot, we'd be out of work pretty sharpish.

And just to finish my rant...why do we seem to have such dire injury problems EVERY season, stretching back as far as I can remember? Why do we always seem to be playing 2-3 people out of position and having to make emergency loan signings?

I know injuries are normal and something every club has to deal with, but our always seem worse than most.

• Like 2
Just now, Changing Times said:

I suppose the issue is whether he is able to have a certain amount of detachment from the club as he's also an employee of the club, in order to comment on our performances.

True but I honestly don't think Maddo's comments would change much, if at all. He was brought in by the club after his radio work, wasn't he? Nothing has really changed since then.

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

True but I honestly don't think Maddo's comments would change much, if at all. He was brought in by the club after his radio work, wasn't he? Nothing has really changed since then.

Well, it's been quite a while since we've been as bad as this so his views should have changed along with that surely?

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Well, it's been quite a while since we've been as bad as this so his views should have changed along with that surely?

If his style is to pick out the positives, why would it? Similarly to Slaven, even when we were doing well, you knew Slaven wouldn't hold back his thoughts on bad things, I really think this is heading into tin-foil hat territory.

what the *** is this long ball *** we're playing every week.. knock it into the corner and chase, only the knock is usually awful and just gives the ball away.

what happened to the 433 high pressing high intensity attacking open football?

we are brutal.

woodgate has completely lost his head and has to go.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

If his style is to pick out the positives, why would it? Similarly to Slaven, even when we were doing well, you knew Slaven wouldn't hold back his thoughts on bad things, I really think this is heading into tin-foil hat territory.

Because maybe it was less about his 'style' and more about the fact that we were a better team and hence there were actual positives to speak about?  There aren't any at the moment.   It's also not his job to find positives in every situation anyway.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Do you actually think it or do you just hope we will?  If it's the former then what are you basing your beliefs on?

Not hope, belief. I've already said it before today that if I was a betting man when it came to Boro I'd have put money on us losing today and winning against Leeds and it goes back to what I said to my mates during the Luton game. This lot wouldn't be putting in the shower of *** display if they were actually up for the game. And I think they will be up for the Leeds game at the Riverside as they usually are.

There was a point before Woodgate made his changes that we could have been winning our battles and we weren't, players like Howson and McNair didn't give a cack. And I think we will at the very least try to win those battles against Leeds. The Riverside will be after a result more-so than they were against Luton, for sure, and not just because of the gap to the bottom 3. The players should have more individual motivation for the game stemming from the fact its Leeds.

Or perhaps I'm over-billing the game and it will be just as drab from us and Leeds will slaughter us the way Luton and Barnsley have not been able to. I know I'll be one of few thinking we can beat Leeds after the last 3 but like I say, that comes down to where I think we've lost them and how that will in my opinion be different for the Leeds game. I could be very wrong.