oneBoro Forum

Boro V Barnsley (A) 0-1

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Because maybe it was less about his 'style' and more about the fact that we were a better team and hence there were actual positives to speak about?  There aren't any at the moment.   It's also not his job to find positives in every situation anyway.

What the sodding hell does that have to do with the way he views things? It's not his job to be negative either. 😄

He's commenting on football the way he sees it. Do you genuinely think he's making up positivity because he works for the club? Or do you just want him to tell it closer to the way you see it to give him any credit?

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who would have thought Gibson hiring his mates to do a job they were massively under qualified for would turn out like this

Now then lads, long time no speak!   I was sceptical that Woodgate got the job in the summer because Gibson was too short sighted to realise that getting the cheap option who’s not going to

Stinks of a post-Karanka Boro Championship special to me. Start slow, get outfought, concede an early goal thanks to a switched off defender. Two down just before half-time, or stays at one throu

Posted Images

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

What the sodding hell does that have to do with the way he views things? It's not his job to be negative either. 😄

He's commenting on football the way he sees it. Do you genuinely think he's making up positivity because he works for the club? Or do you just want him to tell it closer to the way you see it to give him any credit?

Because you seemed to be suggesting that our worsening performances wouldn't lead to a more negative outlook from him, which doesn't make any sense unless he's simply trying to find positives out of every situation.  His job isn't to be negative or positive, it's to reflect on what is seen on the pitch.  If it's bad then he needs to say it's bad otherwise he isn't doing his job properly.  It's bad at the moment and has been for most of the season so talking things up would be him not doing his job properly.  Then the question would be is that because he's just bad at the job or is it because he's employed by the club and doesn't want to be critical if he can help it.  I rarely if ever listen to the radio so whatever he says makes no difference to me in that sense.

I’m usually quite late to the “sack the manager party” (except for Monk) - but Woody is living on borrowed time. It would be ok if you could see any consistent strategy but he seems in full panic mode - a bit like monk was near the end. Not sure that Gibson’s brain trust will appoint the right man though (again) - would take Karanka back in a heartbeat - and it still doesn’t solve our problems with lack of funds / talent in attack

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Stats don’t lie and we have 1 point from a possible 9 playing the bottom clubs. In any business reports it would be viewed a disaster and heads would roll. 

Southgate and Monk weren't given as much leeway as Woody and their results weren't nearly as bad...neither was our playing.

I really don't get why Gibson has stuck with him so long.

I know finding a better successor won't be easy, but if Steve wasn't doing such a great ostrich impression, he'd have recognised Woodgate was totally unsuited to the job before Christmas and started scouting potential replacements. In that case, he might have one or two candidates ready to interview by now.

We dont know what the relationship between Woody and Gibson is like. If Gibson's stall is simply, "Those lads are on a *** fortune, get them on that pitch and get them winning", it's a tough one. Like an earlier post I agree that a good swaith of our squad are currently on the decent as far as their physical & footballing abilities go.

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Because you seemed to be suggesting that our worsening performances wouldn't lead to a more negative outlook from him, which doesn't make any sense unless he's simply trying to find positives out of every situation.  His job isn't to be negative or positive, it's to reflect on what is seen on the pitch.  If it's bad then he needs to say it's bad otherwise he isn't doing his job properly.  It's bad at the moment and has been for most of the season so talking things up would be him not doing his job properly.  Then the question would be is that because he's just bad at the job or is it because he's employed by the club and doesn't want to be critical if he can help it.  I rarely if ever listen to the radio so whatever he says makes no difference to me in that sense.

His job is to give his opinion from a professional's perspective, to summarise the game. It's not like he's sat there saying "What a great performance" afterwards either, which perhaps you would know if you were listening to it. I don't quite know why you're being so tin-foil hat about it without the actual experience of listening to him very often other than to simply question something for the sake of it right now. I'm gonna leave it at that as this would appear to be an utterly pointless discussion all things considered.

Just now, Changing Times said:

What did he say?

He's been very frank. Said they weren't good enough and that it hurt them. He feels a lot of responsibility for helping the younger players but also wants to give players like Wing and Morrison attacking freedom. Didn't say anything about Woody.

• Thanks 1