oneBoro Forum

Boro V Barnsley (A) 0-1

6 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Well, OneBoro. I’ve seen a lot of people say this is the worst boro side they’ve seen in the past 25-30. As I was too young to properly appreciate it at the time, is this worse than the Strachan era? 

Always hard to compare these sorts of things but would be interested to hear people’s thoughts.

We have better players (I think...) than we did with Strachan - but performance wise it's on a par.

• Like 3
  • Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who would have thought Gibson hiring his mates to do a job they were massively under qualified for would turn out like this

Now then lads, long time no speak!   I was sceptical that Woodgate got the job in the summer because Gibson was too short sighted to realise that getting the cheap option who’s not going to

Stinks of a post-Karanka Boro Championship special to me. Start slow, get outfought, concede an early goal thanks to a switched off defender. Two down just before half-time, or stays at one throu

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Well, OneBoro. I’ve seen a lot of people say this is the worst boro side they’ve seen in the past 25-30. As I was too young to properly appreciate it at the time, is this worse than the Strachan era? 

Always hard to compare these sorts of things but would be interested to hear people’s thoughts.

On paper, yes. I had an irrational hatred of Strachan, though. Hated seeing him in our kit. I never looked at him and saw our manager - I looked at him and thought 'why is Strachan wearing a Boro kit. Oh yeah, he's our manager'.  I was the only one who wasn't happy when we appointed him.

If Woody had Strachan's team we probably would be on 0 points. Woody has better players but is a worse manager. 

• Like 2

The fact is that we can still save this season and stay up.

But only if  Gibson would do something and do it quickly say before the international break to give the new manager a little more time.

4000 Boro fans there today and a average of 19000 at The Riverside . 

So surely if they can stay loyal to the club when this kind of sh*te is being played on the pitch, he can at least come forward and say why he is staying loyal to a trainee manager (at best) to keep us in the Championship and not replacing him or helping him out by fetching in an experienced manager to guide him.

Woodgate is out of his depth anybody can see this so why can't Gibson.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Motor Mouth said:

The fact is that we can still save this season and stay up.

But only if  Gibson would do something and do it quickly say before the international break to give the new manager a little more time.

4000 Boro fans there today and a average of 19000 at The Riverside . 

So surely if they can stay loyal to the club when this kind of sh*te is being played on the pitch, he can at least come forward and say why he is staying loyal to a trainee manager (at best) to keep us in the Championship and not replacing him or helping him out by fetching in an experienced manager to guide him.

Woodgate is out of his depth anybody can see this so why can't Gibson.

Your bang on, but there lies the problem a chairman who buries his head in the sand and does nothing and that's why we'll go down.

• Like 1