oneBoro Forum

Boro V Barnsley (A) 0-1

3 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Throwing the young lads under the bus... Lovely

I thought that when I read it. Yet, his best 2 results came with young lads in the team. Still, this is his gig and he has to do it as he sees fit. He possibly wont get a better chance of being a manager.  After todays show however, if any of the out of contract players who played today get offered new terms It will take my frustration to a completely new level.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who would have thought Gibson hiring his mates to do a job they were massively under qualified for would turn out like this

Now then lads, long time no speak!   I was sceptical that Woodgate got the job in the summer because Gibson was too short sighted to realise that getting the cheap option who’s not going to

Stinks of a post-Karanka Boro Championship special to me. Start slow, get outfought, concede an early goal thanks to a switched off defender. Two down just before half-time, or stays at one throu

Posted Images

Well to cheer myself up I’ve bought a bottle of whisky and now just seen Wales lose in the six nations so every cloud and all that 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Gilling Red said:

Gibson does not want to see it, as Woody is nice and cheap. That fits nicely when we drop to Div 1 NICE and CHEAP. Walking blind folded in to Div 1 with the likes of daft Maddo on Tees talking rubbish every week.

The real reason that Maddo and Mark talk total rubbish is if you remember the last person to tell the truth alongside Ali was Slaven and he was sacked and banned from the club by Gibbo.

Mark and Maddo both need their jobs and its easy money telling fairy stories "Once upon a time Boro where a formidable team"..😁 See I can do that job as well. 

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

But Never accepts his part in all of this.

So having Shotton, Friend, Ayala (happy with him) McNair, Saville, Clayton, Britt, Howson, Fry, Fletcher along with a keeper (a full 11) are going to do much better?

I THINK NOT!

5 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

I thought that when I read it. Yet, his best 2 results came with young lads in the team. Still, this is his gig and he has to do it as he sees fit. He possibly wont get a better chance of being a manager.  After todays show however, if any of the out of contract players who played today get offered new terms It will take my frustration to a completely new level.

You know you cannot turn good players into bad ones overnight.

This has been coming long before today's games and for him to drop the youngsters I have to say I fully agree with him in that sense. They cannot be held responsible at present when they have off games because they are still learning, and they need to be rested every other game or so. But today he needed that experience out there and the fact is that he never got it, mainly it is down to him and his tactics or should I say non tactical game play.

Players saw he shot his bolt the last game they also saw he lost his way sometime ago Woody is hanging in there because of only one reason (Gibson) it as nothing to do with his managerial skills we all know that, because he simply has not got any.

I would also say looking at the way experienced players are performing on the pitch for him  just proves he has also lost the dressing room.

• Like 1

Boring...

So today is just what we are now.  Utter crap..

I've no idea what the hell is going on, basically Gibson is clueless when it comes to football decisions, the big issue to me all that happens at decision level, we then get JW who has to work with whatever budget he has and is totally inexperienced.  

I'm a Boro fan of old and can remember when it was terrible however, I don't even care if we lose at the moment, all I want is change and a club that wants to win, I mean really win.  I'm not at the club and none of us are what goes on behind the scenes but it all looks like we are in free fall.

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Throwing the young lads under the bus... Lovely

But he said at the start that he was the best one to help bring them through because he knew them and how they ticked. 

He has given *** sound bites all season and now they're coming back to haunt him.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Boring...

So today is just what we are now.  Utter crap..

I've no idea what the hell is going on, basically Gibson is clueless when it comes to football decisions, the big issue to me all that happens at decision level, we then get JW who has to work with whatever budget he has and is totally inexperienced.  

I'm a Boro fan of old and can remember when it was terrible however, I don't even care if we lose at the moment, all I want is change and a club that wants to win, I mean really win.  I'm not at the club and none of us are what goes on behind the scenes but it all looks like we are in free fall.

Defensively, we require high quality because we don't have good defensive shape in midfield, unfortunately we have struggled to find s settled defence due to injury and shape tinkering.In essence we have, if fit and inspired with confidence, a top championship defence, in spite of having poor choices at full back.

Midfield, we lack any real quality, poor players, lack of pace, fitness and ability.I don't want to single individuals particularly, they're all culpable, but Clayton his head hasn't been in it for a long time, and he needs to be 100% motivated to overcome his limited ability. Wing, is a poor player (playing two leagues above his standard) with a good shot. Saville is very, very limited. Ravel dicky dancer. McNair looks like a CB playing in midfield and strangely looks like a midfielder playing at CB when played there. Lacks game intelligence.  Tav, has ability but is raw and learning, ditto Coulson, who I think is a better winger than LB. 

Up front, Britt is a poor footballer and a total drain on this club, Fletcher plays well in flashes, Gested dogdirt

It's a huge rebuild, we're short of a competent strikeforce, certainly 2 players. Were 2 creative midfielders short, and one defensive one, and probably 2 defenders short. It's a mess and even if we survive we're still probably 2 years more rebuilding away from having a team that could challenge for promotion.

• Like 1