• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who would have thought Gibson hiring his mates to do a job they were massively under qualified for would turn out like this

Now then lads, long time no speak!   I was sceptical that Woodgate got the job in the summer because Gibson was too short sighted to realise that getting the cheap option who’s not going to

Stinks of a post-Karanka Boro Championship special to me. Start slow, get outfought, concede an early goal thanks to a switched off defender. Two down just before half-time, or stays at one throu

Posted Images

Now then lads, long time no speak!

I was sceptical that Woodgate got the job in the summer because Gibson was too short sighted to realise that getting the cheap option who’s not going to ask for much off him was probably not going to work our well.

Everyones opinions and that, but sick of seeing that people think our squad is so poor that we are relegation fodder. 
It’s genuinely not. There’s SO many thinner and worse squads in this division that are performing better than us, and it’s only down to one man, the manager.

This division is all about great managers that get the best out of players. That’s what gets you out of the division. Wilder.  Farke. Dyche. Warnock. 
The list could keep going but all of the above got teams out of the division with average squads. 

I’d go as far as to say that any other manager in the Championship would be getting more out of our squad than our current manager. Just imagine if we got Jokanovic in, in the summer. I’d bet my house that we wouldn’t be where we are.

He’s not going to get sacked, and he’s not going to walk. So I’m just hoping we manage to scrape enough points to stay up, but then what for next season?

I’m sure the rose tinted brigade will dispose of this post as dramatic and reactive, but it’s just my opinion that our manager is inept in all facets of football management.

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Now then lads, long time no speak!

I was sceptical that Woodgate got the job in the summer because Gibson was too short sighted to realise that getting the cheap option who’s not going to ask for much off him was probably not going to work our well.

Everyones opinions and that, but sick of seeing that people think our squad is so poor that we are relegation fodder. 
It’s genuinely not. There’s SO many thinner and worse squads in this division that are performing better than us, and it’s only down to one man, the manager.

This division is all about great managers that get the best out of players. That’s what gets you out of the division. Wilder.  Farke. Dyche. Warnock. 
The list could keep going but all of the above got teams out of the division with average squads. 

I’d go as far as to say that any other manager in the Championship would be getting more out of our squad than our current manager. Just imagine if we got Jokanovic in, in the summer. I’d bet my house that we wouldn’t be where we are.

He’s not going to get sacked, and he’s not going to walk. So I’m just hoping we manage to scrape enough points to stay up, but then what for next season?

I’m sure the rose tinted brigade will dispose of this post as dramatic and reactive, but it’s just my opinion that our manager is inept in all facets of football management.

Jimmy my thoughts exactly. 

In my earlier post I said he needs to go before the international friendly with Italy but that is on the 27th March.

I have just looked and there are 6 games before that Boro need to compete to their highest ability and if that is to be then we seriously need to sack Woodgate and get in a decent experienced manager that is up for a relegation fight.

Those points are going to be so valuable at the end of this season we simply cannot afford to throw them away like we have the last few games..

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Afraid not mate... not sure he goes though.. already dreading Wed...stadium will be toxic

Aye, not looking forward to it myself.  A midweek game against Leeds where they are doing well and we are struggling sounds like it has the potential to be troublesome on and off the field.

Read Woody comments and he is definitely clueless. The experience players are the ones that started the season and put us in trouble, the younger players gained points which kept us out of the bottem three. 

He has admitted we are in a relegation battle but believes the experienced players who put us there will pull us out. They can’t and won’t because most are planning there exit and second Woody tactics are wrong, what tactics! 

I was looking to see if he has learnt lessons in the hope of change, NO! he has not otherwise he would have held his hands up and not blame the players.  

Why would you play a back five against bottom clubs unless you had no belief in your teams ability. Why have attacking mid fielders sitting on the bench. 
Why, because the weak link is the manager!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Read Woody comments and he is definitely clueless. The experience players are the ones that started the season and put us in trouble, the younger players gained points which kept us out of the bottem three. 

He has admitted we are in a relegation battle but believes the experienced players who put us there will pull us out. They can’t and won’t because most are planning there exit and second Woody tactics are wrong, what tactics! 

I was looking to see if he has learnt lessons in the hope of change, NO! he has not otherwise he would have held his hands up and not blame the players.  

Why would you play a back five against bottom clubs unless you had no belief in your teams ability. Why have attacking mid fielders sitting on the bench. 
Why, because the weak link is the manager!

Why would you play a back 5 all out of contract in the summer 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Aye, not looking forward to it myself.  A midweek game against Leeds where they are doing well and we are struggling sounds like it has the potential to be troublesome on and off the field.

Defo gonna be aggro outside and In the town mate.

1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Defo gonna be aggro outside and In the town mate.

Oh dear I didn’t anticipate that at all. I’m flying over for this game so hopefully will avoid any of that. 

3 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Why would you play a back 5 all out of contract in the summer 

Woody said we may think him crazy but he believes in the experienced players. I want to know why, why if they took 1 point from 9 off the bottom three clubs then WTF does he think Leeds will do to us.. 

• Like 1