• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who would have thought Gibson hiring his mates to do a job they were massively under qualified for would turn out like this

Now then lads, long time no speak!   I was sceptical that Woodgate got the job in the summer because Gibson was too short sighted to realise that getting the cheap option who’s not going to

Stinks of a post-Karanka Boro Championship special to me. Start slow, get outfought, concede an early goal thanks to a switched off defender. Two down just before half-time, or stays at one throu

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Defo gonna be aggro outside and In the town mate.

Already a possibility just with it being a Leeds game.

Thrown in a few "you're going down" and other assorted derogatory comments from their side, plus frustrated, angry fans on our side and its almost guaranteed.

Sad really. Last thing the town and the club needs. I still remember the headlines generated the last time there was aggro after Leeds played at our place.

41 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Oh dear I didn’t anticipate that at all. I’m flying over for this game so hopefully will avoid any of that. 

Probably best to watch in a local pub...and pick a spot near the exit in case anything kicks off in there...

17 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Same mate...flying up from London to fly back out that night to Amsterdam before another flight to Taiwan on Thursday.

I would be more concerned about going to Taiwan than the game.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Probably best to watch in a local pub...and pick a spot near the exit in case anything kicks off in there...

I’ll be in the North stand. I’m not flying over to watch it on TV. 😂😂😂 

• Like 1

So we're the joint lowest scorers in this league and we haven't scored let alone had a shot on target in the last 2 games...against the bottom 3 teams who obviously leak goals. I'm now wondering where we're going to get any goals from as our next 2 games are against high flyers.

It's all very well the players and manager saying every week that we under performed etc and bring on the next game...but we keep losing.

What is SG waiting for?????

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Boro Scot said:

So we're the joint lowest scorers in this league and we haven't scored let alone had a shot on target in the last 2 games...against the bottom 3 teams who obviously leak goals. I'm now wondering where we're going to get any goals from as our next 2 games are against high flyers.

It's all very well the players and manager saying every week that we under performed etc and bring on the next game...but we keep losing.

What is SG waiting for?????

Sadly based on what we are witnessing relegation plain and simple.

I believe that this could very well be his last season as chairman so the desire might have gone.

Bright side we could have Vicky in charge when we are in League 1 

1 minute ago, Gilling Red said:

In all honesty compared to WBA, Leeds, Forrest and Fulham how far off is our squad. Results would suggest we are miles off. But money spent / wasted we are up with the best.

I think you could make a case for the centre of defence and Pears has done nothing wrong but imo the rest is lacking. Our senior right backs are converted midfielders. Left backs have gone back out on loan or are converted wingers. Our senior midfield consist of Howson, Saville, wing and Mcnair. None can get their foot on the ball and dictate a game. Wing can score a worldy and some of his passing can be sublime but in front of him you have Britt, Fletcher and Gestede, none of whom have looked close to living up to their price tags. That is not necessarily their fault but if you had paid a million each for them you could still question if their time here had been a success. 

2 minutes ago, Boro Scot said:

It's like giving a trainee mechanic a load of car parts and telling him that these are expensive parts, now put them together to make a fast car. 

Exactly, but he doesn’t realise there’s no turbo, the aerodynamics aren’t there, the high performance tyres are remoulds and the red diesel aint gonna cut it.

• Like 1

the squad quality is way off the top 4 but our problems isn't necessarily the players -the players are better than this- it's the shape and tactics they're being asked to play.

5 strung out across the back, sat as deep as possible with the midfielders ontop of them, smashing the ball deep into the corners for fletcher to chase which he usually loses out on and we give up possession. it happened today on repeat and woodgate didnt even try to change it. today was luton part 2 and we were barely any better vs wigan.

i thought Pears played well, a shining light .. safe hands, lots of under pressure backpasses onto his left foot which he dealt with well

Howson was the only outfield player i'd give any credit to

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Same mate...flying up from London to fly back out that night to Amsterdam before another flight to Taiwan on Thursday.

I wish I was traveling again. I enjoyed working in the oil and gas fabrication yards managing the building of various modules and turrets for FPSO and topsides. I also have experience in jack up rigs and wind farm installation vessels which took me to many counties. Totally enjoyed the experience. 

• Like 1

Since Woodgate has had “options Dawn” we’ve been appalling. He doesn’t know his best formation or his best team. He’s swapping and changing and throwing players under the bus - mainly the youngsters who gave us our only bright part of the season. Earlier on I think he convinced Gibson that the injury crisis was the main issue and he could turn things round. What now? This time next week we could be in the bottom 3 and I’ve no idea where our next points are coming from. So many players out of contract and he’s relying on those same players to keep us up.