oneBoro Forum

Boro V Barnsley (A) 0-1

If you've ever worked for a manager who you know just doesn't have a clue, then it's really difficult!  The players will only do what they're told to if they can...if the plane doesn't work then ultimately it's the manager who carries the can. To have no shots on target in 2 full games coupled with the fact that we are the lowest scorers in the league should be worrying someone right now. If we don't score, we don't win and that means relegation.

• Like 3
  • Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who would have thought Gibson hiring his mates to do a job they were massively under qualified for would turn out like this

Now then lads, long time no speak!   I was sceptical that Woodgate got the job in the summer because Gibson was too short sighted to realise that getting the cheap option who’s not going to

Stinks of a post-Karanka Boro Championship special to me. Start slow, get outfought, concede an early goal thanks to a switched off defender. Two down just before half-time, or stays at one throu

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Boro Scot said:

It's like giving a trainee mechanic a load of car parts and telling him that these are expensive parts, now put them together to make a fast car. 

It’s like a toddler on holiday with his parents who’ve gone into a bar to have a glass of sangria and left him to entertain himself by twisling the rods on the table football table. Most of the time the players are spun helplessly around as the ball rolls slowly towards the goal And past the keeper. Once the game is over, he asks his dad for another euro and the same thing happens again. 

His parents sit back with their drinks and ignore what’s going on  

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

It’s like a toddler on holiday with his parents who’ve gone into a bar to have a glass of sangria and left him to entertain himself

4 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

His parents sit back with their drinks and ignore what’s going on  

They didn't go on holiday to Portugal did they?

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Boro Scot said:

If you've ever worked for a manager who you know just doesn't have a clue, then it's really difficult!  The players will only do what they're told to if they can...if the plane doesn't work then ultimately it's the manager who carries the can. To have no shots on target in 2 full games coupled with the fact that we are the lowest scorers in the league should be worrying someone right now. If we don't score, we don't win and that means relegation.

I have worked for managers who didn't have a clue, and they made it almost impossible to do a good job. It was a case of pretending to do everything the manager was asking for when they were around, and then secretly doing all the things that were needed to keep the project going as soon as the manager wasn't around to notice. There was a lot of going into work first thing in the morning, wasting large amounts of time during the day on things the manager wanted, then going home and working until 1 or 2am on the stuff that really needed doing. It was a very ineffective way of working and the hours involved meant I was never working at my best. I hadn't thought about what the football equivalent might be like before.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, White Band said:

I have worked for managers who didn't have a clue, and they made it almost impossible to do a good job. It was a case of pretending to do everything the manager was asking for when they were around, and then secretly doing all the things that were needed to keep the project going as soon as the manager wasn't around to notice. There was a lot of going into work first thing in the morning, wasting large amounts of time during the day on things the manager wanted, then going home and working until 1 or 2am on the stuff that really needed doing. I hadn't thought about what the football equivalent might be like before.

You're absolutely right! I can't imagine pro footballers doing all of this stuff though. They just turn up at training time and do what they're told to do. Hence the results on match day. But you are absolutely spot on with your comparison with employees who can see past the *** and do a great job despite their manager

So like any business, this is a results based business but literally under a microscope every week. If you have a manager who just doesn't know what to do then every week the results aren't good. Last couple of games, he's just chucked on attackers in the last 15 minutes to see if we can score....and we haven't. So rather than evaluate whats actually gone wrong with the team selection every 15 minutes or so, he just throws on extra strikers late on....it's like a kid playing a video game

• Like 1

When he was given the job I thought Woodgate would eventually have us in a position like this, I didn't think it would happen this quickly though. I thought it would be an 18 month regression because he'd have enough good players to keep us out of trouble in his first season. I'm shocked that it's got this bad so quickly and it just highlights what a poor job he's doing. 

If you take our form from the start of the season until mid December and from the start of January until now we are a bottom 3 team, that 4 game winning spell over xmas has really masked a lot of the problems. Put it another way, in that 4 game spell if we had won 1, drawn 2 and lost 1 we would be on 30 points and joint bottom. I know its all ifs and buts but I do think this shows how bad we've been apart from a 4 game spell which looks like an anomaly. 

I've been saying in the last few weeks that I think we'll scrape enough points to stay up but after today I think we are looking like a team that is going down. I've heard from a few people who were there today and I haven't heard a single positive comment. I think we actually deserve to get relegated for the way we've been mismanaged behind the scenes.  

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Duvel said:

When he was given the job I thought Woodgate would eventually have us in a position like this, I didn't think it would happen this quickly though. I thought it would be an 18 month regression because he'd have enough good players to keep us out of trouble in his first season. I'm shocked that it's got this bad so quickly and it just highlights what a poor job he's doing. 

If you take our form from the start of the season until mid December and from the start of January until now we are a bottom 3 team, that 4 game winning spell over xmas has really masked a lot of the problems. Put it another way, in that 4 game spell if we had won 1, drawn 2 and lost 1 we would be on 30 points and joint bottom. I know its all ifs and buts but I do think this shows how bad we've been apart from a 4 game spell which looks like an anomaly. 

I've been saying in the last few weeks that I think we'll scrape enough points to stay up but after today I think we are looking like a team that is going down. I've heard from a few people who were there today and I haven't heard a single positive comment. I think we actually deserve to get relegated for the way we've been mismanaged behind the scenes.  

With the players we have (even taking injuries into consideration) I think we should be somewhere around 12-16th with a gap between us and the relegation fight. We are massively underachieving and I believe that is down to tactics and training. Woody is responsible for those. However the club and Gibbo are equally culpable because they knew full well that Woody did not have the experience or support needed to succeed as a new manager. 

The good run was a fluke when Woody had no other options for players. That says a lot about his decision making and tactics, and not things that are positive. We were successful when he couldn't make the decisions and choices he wanted.

I do not see where we are going to get significant points from. I think we might manage one against Charlton. I am expecting defeats against Stoke, Hull and Huddersfield. If Wigan pick up points from the teams around them (they can realistically get draws or wins from Reading, Luton, Huddersfield, Stoke, Barnsley and possibly their home game against Hull) then we will get relegated. Huddersfield's run in also looks okay. The only way of staying up is to bring in a tactically astute manager who can organise a team. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Tonight Steve Gibson will be panicking like Arkwright, checking the till and counting his loose change.

Yeah, he’ll be in a dilemma between protecting either his *** or bank balance. Tough times 😜

32 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Tonight Steve Gibson will be panicking like Arkwright, checking the till and counting his loose change.

I was told earlier this week he was in the Bahamas on holiday, which if I had his money is where I would be.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

I was told earlier this week he was in the Bahamas on holiday, which if I had his money is where I would be.

The part timer went on holiday instead of watching us play Luton and Barnsley? 😡

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

The part timer went on holiday instead of watching us play Luton and Barnsley? 😡

He needed a better beach for burying his head into the sand. Our beaches don't really have the amount of sand he needs now.

• Haha 1