oneBoro Forum

Boro V Barnsley (A) 0-1

I think it is a case at the moment of the fans being very patient with Woodgate, but that definitely will change if the fans realize there is no progress or improvement being made on the pitch. The players are supposedly behind Woodgate, food for thought, is this because they're getting an easy ride as opposed to a different coach who would tear a strip of them over our recent lack of any  performance. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who would have thought Gibson hiring his mates to do a job they were massively under qualified for would turn out like this

Now then lads, long time no speak!   I was sceptical that Woodgate got the job in the summer because Gibson was too short sighted to realise that getting the cheap option who’s not going to

Stinks of a post-Karanka Boro Championship special to me. Start slow, get outfought, concede an early goal thanks to a switched off defender. Two down just before half-time, or stays at one throu

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Downsouth said:

1. Should we get Boro Unger back on asap?

2. Who will be happier Saturday night at the movies?

3. Will, Will compose a worthy and intelligent post?

4. What are your thoughts on the game, is it more important to us or them?

1. Yes, boro_unger is awesome! (Am I allowed to answer that one?!)

2. Whoever doesn't go to watch the Boro game beforehand. 

3. Where there's a Will, there's a way!

4. I guess it's equimportant to both teams.  We can't let Voldemort beat us though!

How long till Roberts is back? we miss him desperately

4 minutes ago, macapes said:

If Woodgate fails to beat any one of the bottom three teams that's a damning statement on his ability as manager. 

But he beat the team that’s currently top of the league, so what does that say about his ability as manager?

Loose against Barnsley and Woody should fall on his sword, or someone should help him do so. It’s atrocious to think under his reins he has lowed expectations to a point we have little confidence of beating teams scrapping the bottom. I have listened and read what Woody had to say about lost and drawn games, and more intently to try and understand his vision, and conclude, I honestly don’t believe Woody realizes how poor he is, so how the @@@@ can he learn anything. 

4 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Barring the win against Fulham, which I suppose is a big bar, Barnsley have been in bad form.

I think people are overegging them based on one result.

Since the turn of the year Barnsley have had 3 wins and 1 draw. Boro have had 0 wins and 4 draws. I would say they are in better form than we are. Which in all honesty is sickening.

8 minutes ago, BoroAbroad said:

Since the turn of the year Barnsley have had 3 wins and 1 draw. Boro have had 0 wins and 4 draws. I would say they are in better form than we are. Which in all honesty is sickening.

That's including a cup match against Crewe.

In the league in 2020:

They've got 2 wins, 1 draw, and 5 defeats.

We've got 1 win, 4 draws and 3 defeats.

I'd say they're in marginally better form, and that's only down to the last match. I'd be amazed if we played that badly again tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

That's including a cup match against Crewe.

In the league in 2020:

They've got 2 wins, 1 draw, and 5 defeats.

We've got 1 win, 4 draws and 2 defeats.

Oh yeah.  We do have a win. Totally forgot about Preston. Damn that seems such a long time ago.

Still sickening.

• Like 1

More than anything I hope we win. Not sure of what team he is going to put out or what formation he is going to play and I suppose it doesn't really matter if we get 3 points. It has been a complete waste of a season for me. I can normally see the positives in most things, even Pulis, but we just seem to be drifting into ever increasing mediocrity. 

• Like 1

• Latest Posts

• as far as I know, it is still "under consideration"..  which usually means nobody wants to invest the money required ..  would certainly help even if only open on match days, but I fear it will go the way of the wind turbine and unless people start to kick up a fuss, the Transporter ..  
    • Sorry my bad meant Middlehaven, so has the old Cargo Fleet Station opened now?
    • 01/12/1900 - 1st fixture between both clubs,  Boro 2 Blackpool 0  Biggest win 9-2 as mentioned below  Hattricks & more in one game v Blackpool  10th December 1938, Wilf Mannion bagged 4 goals at home to Blackpool in the 9-2 thrashing, one more than Micky Fenton Wilf became the 9th different Boro player to score 4 goals in one 1st team game & the 17th in total 7th September 1925 - James McCelland scored all 3 in a 3-2 win at Bloomfield park, in a 2nd division fixture, it was James 1st Boro HT our 5th away HT & 39TH in total James became the 16th different Boro player to score a 1st team HT 10TH December 1938 - Micky Fenton scored 3 when the mighty Boro thrashed Blackpool 9-2 at Ayresome Park in 1st division fixture, it was Micky Fenton’s 5th Boro HT,  our 49th home HT & 65TH in total Micky became the 23rd different Boro player to score a 1st team HT 25th November 1950 - Alex McCrae scored 3 goals in a 4-3 home win,  it was Alex’s 3rd Boro HT our 62nd home HT & 80TH in total Alex became the 29th different Boro player to score a 1st team HT 15th November 1986 - Bernie Slaven was the 1st Boro player to score a HT after coming out of voluntarily liquidation & the 1st FAC HT v Blackpool It was Bernies 1st Boro HT our 85th home HT & 118TH in total Bernie became the 44th different Boro player to score a 1st team HT It was also our 15th FAC hattrick, of which 11 were at home    Record of Boro v Blackpool  Won 22 Drew  7 Lost 5 Goals scored – 74 Goals against -  40   Did you know:-  1973-74 - Blackpool were one of 2 teams we failed to beat in our  2nd division championship & the only team we failed to score past that season  One of the 1986 legends Gary Parkinson, between 1986-1993 played 243 games for the Boro, scoring 7 goals, in 2001 for one season he signed for Blackpool, his last league club, where he played 24 games One of the 4 famous Carr bothers who played for the mighty Boro John, played 449  goals scoring 81 goals signed for Blackpool in 1930, playing 14 games, scoring 2 goals Micky Burns who John Neal signed in 1978 started out for Blackpool but didn’t play a 1st game for them   
    • It's an abandoned proposal from the early 2010s, sadly.
    • Teesside Park is over a mile from Riverside..  you would need Middlehaven (formerly Cargo Fleet)...  Metro just fancy name for local rail services