oneBoro Forum

Boro V Barnsley (A) 0-1

I think it is a case at the moment of the fans being very patient with Woodgate, but that definitely will change if the fans realize there is no progress or improvement being made on the pitch. The players are supposedly behind Woodgate, food for thought, is this because they're getting an easy ride as opposed to a different coach who would tear a strip of them over our recent lack of any  performance. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who would have thought Gibson hiring his mates to do a job they were massively under qualified for would turn out like this

Now then lads, long time no speak!   I was sceptical that Woodgate got the job in the summer because Gibson was too short sighted to realise that getting the cheap option who’s not going to

Stinks of a post-Karanka Boro Championship special to me. Start slow, get outfought, concede an early goal thanks to a switched off defender. Two down just before half-time, or stays at one throu

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Downsouth said:

1. Should we get Boro Unger back on asap?

2. Who will be happier Saturday night at the movies?

3. Will, Will compose a worthy and intelligent post?

4. What are your thoughts on the game, is it more important to us or them?

1. Yes, boro_unger is awesome! (Am I allowed to answer that one?!)

2. Whoever doesn't go to watch the Boro game beforehand. 

3. Where there's a Will, there's a way!

4. I guess it's equimportant to both teams.  We can't let Voldemort beat us though!

How long till Roberts is back? we miss him desperately

4 minutes ago, macapes said:

If Woodgate fails to beat any one of the bottom three teams that's a damning statement on his ability as manager. 

But he beat the team that’s currently top of the league, so what does that say about his ability as manager?

Loose against Barnsley and Woody should fall on his sword, or someone should help him do so. It’s atrocious to think under his reins he has lowed expectations to a point we have little confidence of beating teams scrapping the bottom. I have listened and read what Woody had to say about lost and drawn games, and more intently to try and understand his vision, and conclude, I honestly don’t believe Woody realizes how poor he is, so how the @@@@ can he learn anything. 

4 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Barring the win against Fulham, which I suppose is a big bar, Barnsley have been in bad form.

I think people are overegging them based on one result.

Since the turn of the year Barnsley have had 3 wins and 1 draw. Boro have had 0 wins and 4 draws. I would say they are in better form than we are. Which in all honesty is sickening.

8 minutes ago, BoroAbroad said:

Since the turn of the year Barnsley have had 3 wins and 1 draw. Boro have had 0 wins and 4 draws. I would say they are in better form than we are. Which in all honesty is sickening.

That's including a cup match against Crewe.

In the league in 2020:

They've got 2 wins, 1 draw, and 5 defeats.

We've got 1 win, 4 draws and 3 defeats.

I'd say they're in marginally better form, and that's only down to the last match. I'd be amazed if we played that badly again tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

That's including a cup match against Crewe.

In the league in 2020:

They've got 2 wins, 1 draw, and 5 defeats.

We've got 1 win, 4 draws and 2 defeats.

Oh yeah.  We do have a win. Totally forgot about Preston. Damn that seems such a long time ago.

Still sickening.

• Like 1

More than anything I hope we win. Not sure of what team he is going to put out or what formation he is going to play and I suppose it doesn't really matter if we get 3 points. It has been a complete waste of a season for me. I can normally see the positives in most things, even Pulis, but we just seem to be drifting into ever increasing mediocrity. 

• Like 1

• Latest Posts

• 1. Are you starting to feel optimistic about the season yet? Still no. We've beat arguably the two worst teams in the league. NW has had a huge slice of luck having this run of games, 2. Should Crooks and Payero be our midfield partnership from now on? Yes. I know Neil (and by extension, the Gazette) have been making a big deal out of it, but it is nice to see Crooks take Martin under his wing and hopefully that helps Martin acclimate a bit faster. 3. How many points do you expect from the next 3?  Cardiff (A), Birmingham(H), Luton(A) Honestly, 6 minimum - with their form, we should be looking to beat both Cardiff & Birmingham. Luton are a really decent team this year though, so I'd happily take a draw down there. 4. Who is the better manager out of Warnock and McCarthy? That's like asking what's the better pain, being punched in the face or the nads. 5. Starting 11 and formation?                         Lumley Howson - McNair - Bamba - Peltier                  Payero - Crooks Tavernier               -             Jones/Hernandez                   Watmore                            Sporar A 4231 / 424 style formation with Watmore playing just off Sporar. Think with how well they've been doing, Payero & Crooks have to stay together, and IMO Howson was much better at RB the other night than I've seen him be in CM in a long time. 6. Who scored the 2nd goal against Barnsley, Sol or Crooksy? Crooks I think, although it was very close!
    • Cardiff City vs Middlesbrough FC                                                              Saturday 23rd October – 12:30 pm (Sky Sports)                                                                              Cardiff City Stadium Current standings: Boro continue to climb up the table and we find ourselves in a reasonable 10th place. The Bluebirds are in free fall and Mick Mccarthy might be the most hated man in Cardiff right now. If he doesn't get something from this game he's most likely getting sacked. Views from various Cardiff City fans on social media/forums: "Weird that the bookies have us as favourites when we have lost 7 games in succession conceding 17 goals and scoring 1 and have the worst home record in the division. Fear we will get a draw and be stuck with MM." "1-1 if we are lucky and Boro are poor." "Much better yesterday, we need a bit of luck and maybe a fluky goal and the confidence will slowly return, we are better than those results show, McCarthy has been picking the wrong team for most of those games!" "I’d take Warnock back tomorrow." "Boro will be too streetwise, one of our ex players bound to score. Think I'd actually applaud Sol even if its a scruffy tap in, fair play to him." "If Bamba gets McCarthy sacked he’ll become Cardiff’s biggest ever legend" "I’ve been to our last 7 games home and away and seen us score 1 and concede 17. Much better performance tonight but still dire." "Mick McCarthy's recent record at Cardiff City... - Seven defeats in a row - Nine defeats in 10 - One goal in 630 minutes" "Boro will be an interesting game. Neil Warnock getting all the applause while Mick gets all the abuse. The way it should be" "It’s been 172 days since Cardiff last scored a goal in the first half" Questions: 1. Are you starting to feel optimistic about the season yet? 2. Should Crooks and Payero be our midfield partnership from now on? 3. How many points do you expect from the next 3?  Cardiff (A), Birmingham(H), Luton(A) 4. Who is the better manager out of Warnock and McCarthy? 5. Starting 11 and formation? 6. Who scored the 2nd goal against Barnsley, Sol or Crooksy?                                                         (These wins are coming fast so these threads are getting briefer 😁)  
    • In Tavs defence, what attacking coaches has he had to work with over the last few years?    Warnock, Pulis and Woodgate were hardly known for their attacking prowess. I’d say Robbie Keane would have taught him a thing or two but at 22 you can always develop and I’m sure with more chances he would get more composure.    Id probably say that the whole team could do with a prolonged period of dominance in games to get some more composure and match practice at shooting. Last nights game showed how in the final third we are so nervous in my opinion. Not just Tav but everyone. 
    • I think it was Patrick Kielty who once said that when non-Irish do Irish impersonations, its always the Cork accent they imitate. 😁
    • Just realised I've exactly the same games won/drawn/lost and points as Boro