oneBoro Forum
Downsouth

Boro V Barnsley (A) 0-1

5 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

If Woodgate goes and a new manager comes in it will be our 6th manager since Karanka was sacked. How can you expect any business to be successful with such turnover in the space of just under 4 years?

By the same token, when something is obviously broken beyond repair, you don't just leave it and hope it will miraculously fix itself.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

League one away days should be decent utb

Accrington Stanley, Fleetwood and Rochdale 🥳

I understand there were some ugly scenes at the end of the game following some guys having a pop at Gestede as he was coming off the pitch.

No need for that and not acceptable if they came onto the pitch to confront a player

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

That some players think we're too good to be where we are right now and that Barnsley showed they are up for the fight to stay up. Says its not good enough but is relishing the Leeds game to hopefully get things back on track. 

Hmm...standard cut n' paste interview stuff.

They're good at talking the talk, but have showed no signs of walking the walk yet.

• Like 1

"Really disappointing. We want to try and win these games and we didn't, we fought and they got the goal and were the better team on the day," said Woodgate.

"12 games to go and we need to start picking up points sharpish. We are in a relegation battle, so I need heart, I need fight and I need desire. I need all them things that my team need to give me."

It's not just about heart and desire, you doyle, we need tactics and gameplans and to have a bloody shot on goal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

His job is to give his opinion from a professional's perspective, to summarise the game. It's not like he's sat there saying "What a great performance" afterwards either, which perhaps you would know if you were listening to it. I don't quite know why you're being so tin-foil hat about it without the actual experience of listening to him very often other than to simply question something for the sake of it right now. I'm gonna leave it at that as this would appear to be an utterly pointless discussion all things considered.

I have heard him before obviously, I haven't heard it much this season only once or twice probably that I can think of at the moment. I was commenting on what someone else had suggested about him.

5 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I understand there were some ugly scenes at the end of the game following some guys having a pop at Gestede as he was coming off the pitch.

No need for that and not acceptable if they came onto the pitch to confront a player

Certainly wrong to single out any individual player (and obviously wrong to confront them like that).

But a worrying sign that the fans are losing their patience with Gibson, Woody and the players.

When things get to this point you know things are about as bad as they can get.

• Like 1

Who would have thought Gibson hiring his mates to do a job they were massively under qualified for would turn out like this

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Well, OneBoro. I’ve seen a lot of people say this is the worst boro side they’ve seen in the past 25-30. As I was too young to properly appreciate it at the time, is this worse than the Strachan era? 

Always hard to compare these sorts of things but would be interested to hear people’s thoughts.

To make today even better. Martin Braithwaite got two assists on his debut...

• Haha 1

Its hard to have any optimism going into the Leeds game we can't  score goals we can't keep a clean sheet , playing a side that's going for automatic promotion. There'll be a huge season card backlash, because I think the fans will believe they're going to be  paying good money for League 1 football. Without a change of manager (which I  think won't happen) I  fancy us to get relegated, there's nothing about us as a team, no direction absolutely nothing. If Woodgate loves the club that much he should admit he's not up to the task and resign.

• Like 1