oneBoro Forum
Downsouth

Boro V Barnsley (A) 0-1

6 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Defo gonna be aggro outside and In the town mate.

Aye, I might be forced to bring out Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary to deal with some rapscallions 🤛🤜

Gibson or Woodgate?

Who shoulders the blame?

Gibson with an appointment that no-one could say that they wanted at the end of last season. Lack of quality additions to rejuvenate a squad desperately lacking in attacking quality.

Woodgate for not getting the best out of the squad.

Sorry but this whole farce has to go back to Gibson.  I'll be forever grateful for what he done back in the 80's and the enjoyment he brought me when I had my season ticket but.....  We are awful now, I see it like this.  This is us now and all good things come to an end and we will Bob around league 1 and the championship or he sells up and moves on.  Really hard to know what is going on but this might actually be us chaps, no money and a chairman that has taken us as far as he can.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Oh dear I didn’t anticipate that at all. I’m flying over for this game so hopefully will avoid any of that. 

In my earlier days following BORO around the country I witnessed a fair amount of trouble and was glad to see the back of it. Leeds away was always a battle. 
Does anyone remember the Fred Perry wearers  with double bladed Stanley knives. I went through most fashion trends back then denim, stay press, budgy jackets, Parker’s, crombie jackets dah dah.. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DanBoro93 said:

Gibson or Woodgate?

Who shoulders the blame?

Gibson with an appointment that no-one could say that they wanted at the end of last season. Lack of quality additions to rejuvenate a squad desperately lacking in attacking quality.

WOODGATE for not getting more out of the squad.. 

Gibson should take the blame for giving Woodgate the job in the first place. 

However, Woodgate will take the blame for relegation if he doesnt do the right thing and resign tonight. 

There is still enough time for this *** show to be salvaged. 

But alas, we wont change anything. That's the worst part.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DanBoro93 said:

Gibson or Woodgate?

Who shoulders the blame?

Woodgate 100%. He coached these players last year and sat in his press conference saying there were goals throughout this team. Result = lowest scorers in division this season.

He said he was going to play 433, yet that soon disappeared. If he wants to play 433 and knowing the players he had instead of coaching them to play better at 433 he rips it up.

He tells us about his famous PowerPoint interview with Bola, Brown and Dijksteel, yet send 2 of them back out on loan rather than coaching them to be better for us. If they aren’t good enough then what does it say about his ability to pick a player. With such a big rebuild required in the summer it fills me with dread if he is in charge, because I tell you now that if we are relegated this year with this squad then we will be closer to relegation next year in League one with this man in charge of the rebuild.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Aye, I might be forced to bring out Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary to deal with some rapscallions 🤛🤜

You and your son on a tag team spree through the town, train station,  underpass and outside the ground.

24 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Oh dear I didn’t anticipate that at all. I’m flying over for this game so hopefully will avoid any of that. 

Same mate...flying up from London to fly back out that night to Amsterdam before another flight to Taiwan on Thursday.

1 hour ago, BoroMart said:

Gibson needs to bite the bullet sack Woodgate and give Karanka the call

Honestly, I have a vision of Aitor listening to Steve's lengthy, grovelling apology, before just laughing at him and putting the phone down.

20 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

will ferrell GIF

1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

Gibson has created a situation where no local media scrutinise the club due to fear of been banned. That's no way of going about it

And we thought Fergie was bad - having journos thrown out of press conferences for asking the wrong kind of questions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Well, OneBoro. I’ve seen a lot of people say this is the worst boro side they’ve seen in the past 25-30. As I was too young to properly appreciate it at the time, is this worse than the Strachan era? 

Always hard to compare these sorts of things but would be interested to hear people’s thoughts.

squad isnt, but results are yeah. we have gone full circle pre Karanka

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

He's just making it up as he goes along because he doesn't know what he's doing.

Has he actually got his FA / UEFA Pro Licence?

You wouldn't think so to watch us (unless it involved a brown envelope, passed under a table).