Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Boro V Barnsley (A) 0-1


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Meme Batman GIF by moodman

His random tactic and team selection has to work occasionally.  Like an infinite number of monkeys with typewriters.  Occasionally you get Shakespeare, most of the time it's gibberish.

33 games in the league and none of us know the manager's preferred tactic or starting eleven.  Woody couldn't see the need for a creative midfielder against Luton, yet somehow thought 4 strikers was needed - absolute tactical gibberish.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who would have thought Gibson hiring his mates to do a job they were massively under qualified for would turn out like this

Now then lads, long time no speak!   I was sceptical that Woodgate got the job in the summer because Gibson was too short sighted to realise that getting the cheap option who’s not going to

Stinks of a post-Karanka Boro Championship special to me. Start slow, get outfought, concede an early goal thanks to a switched off defender. Two down just before half-time, or stays at one throu

Posted Images

Surly it won’t be a repeat of all previous games. Coincide early, play huff the ball because no one can pass and receive, no shots on target. Come out second half equalize then concede 3 mins latter and in the last 15 mins throw in the kitchen sink for a draw. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, macapes said:

His random tactic and team selection has to work occasionally.  Like an infinite number of monkeys with typewriters.  Occasionally you get Shakespeare, most of the time it's gibberish.

33 games in the league and none of us know the manager's preferred tactic or starting eleven.  Woody couldn't see the need for a creative midfielder against Luton, yet somehow thought 4 strikers was needed - absolute tactical gibberish.

At the time, his tactics and team selection wasn't random, it was pretty predictable. And he got the best out of them in the games against West Brom and Preston. They might stand on their own as times when it went right but to reduce that down to simply luck only says you have no intention of giving him credit where it's due. It means you've made your mind up about him being 100% incapable and are using that to explain the entirety of his reign already. That's your prerogative, as it is mine to think that's daft.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

All I am going to say is I credit Barnsley with more fighting spirit than Boro at present. I seriously believe we are on a hiding.

So best tip I can give Woodgate would be to select a carpenter in the team he sends out .

That way we can board up the goal and maybe stand a chance then of grabbing a point.

And someone please enlighten me as to where is this so called new keeper we purchased, or perhaps he is being kept for next seasons League One games that we will be playing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Surly it won’t be a repeat of all previous games. Coincide early, play huff the ball because no one can pass and receive, no shots on target. Come out second half equalize then concede 3 mins latter and in the last 15 mins throw in the kitchen sink for a draw. 

I think you are giving us to much credit about equalising mate. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, macapes said:

His random tactic and team selection has to work occasionally.  Like an infinite number of monkeys with typewriters.  Occasionally you get Shakespeare, most of the time it's gibberish.

33 games in the league and none of us know the manager's preferred tactic or starting eleven.  Woody couldn't see the need for a creative midfielder against Luton, yet somehow thought 4 strikers was needed - absolute tactical gibberish.

I’m not sure that the Shakespeare thing has ever happened, to be honest. 
 

I fear we will be easily beaten. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

No win today and Woodgate has to go no ifs or buts. This project has been a disaster barring a purple run over Christmas. Forgot we had to play Leeds on Wednesday that will be an absolute mauling 😩

You're right, Leeds won't know what hit 'em.

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

At the time, his tactics and team selection wasn't random, it was pretty predictable. And he got the best out of them in the games against West Brom and Preston. They might stand on their own as times when it went right but to reduce that down to simply luck only says you have no intention of giving him credit where it's due. It means you've made your mind up about him being 100% incapable and are using that to explain the entirety of his reign already. That's your prerogative, as it is mine to think that's daft.

We've played well in, maybe, half a dozen games this season.  We've been lucky in a few.  We've been bad in the majority.

Even our little purple patch with MoM was 2 decent performances and a couple of lucky but poor ones.

I've made my mind up on what I've seen in the past 35 odd games, which is a lack of tactical nous, an inability to set a team up to attack or defend, and a frequent toing and froing on tactics.  4 at the back, 5 at the back, wingbacks or not, 1 up front t, 2 up front.  4 strikers, no midfield.

He gets credit when he earns it - and that means more consistent performances than a random win against West Brom.

I think it's daft to think the man deserves any credit from this season whatsoever.  We're dire, and we're lucky there's a few awful teams this year (even if we still can't beat them).  Monk, Strachan, Mowbray - this is as bad as any of them.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

No win today and Woodgate has to go no ifs or buts. This project has been a disaster barring a purple run over Christmas. Forgot we had to play Leeds on Wednesday that will be an absolute mauling 😩

We could get thrashed today and Woodgate will still be in charge till the end of the season, work in progress Rome wasn't built in a day, same old BS, .

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Blanco said:

But he beat the team that’s currently top of the league, so what does that say about his ability as manager?

I think it says he has very little ability as a manager and that the players just turn up when they feel like it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


×
×
  • Create New...