oneBoro Forum

Boro V Barnsley (A) 0-1

Hi folks apologies for the delay in getting the match day thread up and running but it was Samurites turn to prepare the highly anticipated however for unforeseen circumstances this has not happened?

1. Does he know something we don't in view of the rapid changes in m/d authors?

2. Should we get Boro Unger back on asap?

Oh yeah we have a game to look/not look forward to as follows:

Saturday 22nd February 2020

Oakwell Barnsley

Kick off 1500hrs or 3 in the good afternoon if you prefer.

Will be quick to the point Barnsley are below us but on a run, Boro are above Barnsley but in a slump.

Who will be happier Saturday night at the movies?

Who will the great pretender pick to either stop or continue our form (bets on the draw)

Will, Will compose a worthy and intelligent post?

Should I use my seldom used phrase at any point in this thread?

Will CT pick up his usual 147 like posts without giving one back?

What are your thoughts on the game, is it more important to us or them?

Ok as mentioned a rush job, Up the Boro and all that and @Samurite sorry mate if you were going to put up a thread today, you can do the next one as I am certain I am not Boro_Unger!

• Like 3
  • Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who would have thought Gibson hiring his mates to do a job they were massively under qualified for would turn out like this

Now then lads, long time no speak!   I was sceptical that Woodgate got the job in the summer because Gibson was too short sighted to realise that getting the cheap option who’s not going to

Stinks of a post-Karanka Boro Championship special to me. Start slow, get outfought, concede an early goal thanks to a switched off defender. Two down just before half-time, or stays at one throu

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Who will the great pretender pick to either stop or continue our form (bets on the draw)

1. Them. Simples, innit.

2. Not sure Freddie Mercury has much of an opinion on this one.

3. The jury's out.

4. I see what you did there!

5. Probably.

6. It's equally important to both teams, but I think Barnsley will have their tails up at the exact moment ours are shrinking away between our legs (I'm still talking about tails). I genuinely believe the team that loses this match starts next season in League One. Given recent form and performances, this is one of very few winnable-on-paper games we have left, and if we can't take three points, it will not only give Barnsley massive self-belief, it'll show other teams down at the bottom that we can be caught and passed, which will give them greater encouragement to try and win their own fixtures.

Didn't Mogga lose his job after a match at Oakwell? He got dogs abuse from the fans at half time, IIRC. Wonder if history will repeat itself - it already seems Woodgate has lost a large section of the fans. If we end up only taking one point from the run of three games where people said we needed six or seven, you'd like to think it would give our absent chairman something to think about over his Monday morning latte.

• Like 3

Phew - I was getting worried there for a while!

(Where's the matchday thread...why isn't there a matchday thread...who's doing the matchday thread...?)

Does he know something we don't in view of the rapid changes in m/d authors?

I made up heard a rumour he's on an undercover mission at the Riverside, to bug Steve GIbson's office and hopefully get some answers as to exactly what the hell is going on there.

2. Should we get Boro Unger back on asap?

Definitely. Our season hangs in the balance and there's only one man to call in this situation...

Erm...whoever wins?

Put it this way, if this one goes the same way as the Luton match...I Predict A Riot (to quote the Kaiser Chiefs).

Stockton High Street will be awash with beer, faeces and torn up season tickets.

Well Wing seems to be on a bit of a run, as far as goals are concerned. Think it will be him, Tav or Sav on the scoresheet, as our strikers barely get any service and fluff the rare chances they do get.

Who's Will?

Well there are 3 more IMO and this is the first of them...so yes, this is TMIGOTS (so far).

Probably. I suspect he pays people to rate his posts. No way he can actually be that popular. 😂😝

Points-wise its more important to Barnsley. They can still mathematically stay up. Worryingly for us, they are playing like they believe they can stay up.

Whereas Boro are "playing" like they couldn't care less. ☹️

Like Fox Mulder...

Flying Area 51 GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

...that we can stay up. With the players we have, this should be quite possible. But given the manager has lost the dressing room and the players are acting like the season's already over, a big part of me thinks we are in pretty deep ***.

Prediction

Heart says we can do this: Barnsley 1 - 2 Boro

Head says any result is possible and equally likely.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 4

It was after a Barnsley game that Mogga got the boot.  I was there and it was an awful first half performance.  Albert got two in the second half to make it look respectable but we still lost.

I had intended going tomorrow but the weather forecast is b. awful so I think I might well give it a miss.

Last time I went they put me with a delightful view of the back of the net and b awful view of the rest of the game.  The Paras abseiling form the roof of the stand was interesting.  I used to meet up with some old mates as I'd been educated at Sheffield Poly so I had to go in the big stand side to see them.

If we get a good start then we stand a chance, if not then I guess I don't need to tell you the answer

• Like 3

Not really interested in this game. I think I'll be more entertained going to see my daughters U11 indoor game. Can't see us winning this as we just look completely dire with no shape or gameplan. It's just 11 strangers on the park running around like they've just met each other and getting instructions from someone who is only just learning the game of football.

• Like 1

We may be dire but this is such an important game for us.

We need to start well, so often we don't and are on the backfoot from the office. 

I'm hoping to see a big reaction from last week's shambles. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

We may be dire but this is such an important game for us.

We need to start well, so often we don't and are on the backfoot from the office. 

I'm hoping to see a big reaction from last week's shambles. 

Me too, but that's been a recurring theme before many games this season. And more often than not, what we see is more shambling rather than any kind of reaction.

How depressing that this is the sentiment of my 500th post on here. Sad face emoji.

• Sad 1

My first away game of the season, should be a good atmosphere, it's a potentially decisive fixture and after the dust has settled from Saturday's shower of ***, I'm looking forward to it.

It's vital for both teams that they win, even we should be able to score against Barnsley, though holding on to the lead is less certain.

But we should have been able to score against Luton too, and didn't even manage a shot on target.

Woodgate will be on very thin ice with the fans.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

My first away game of the season, should be a good atmosphere, it's a potentially decisive fixture and after the dust has settled from Saturday's shower of ***, I'm looking forward to it.

It's vital for both teams that they win, even we should be able to score against Barnsley, though holding on to the lead is less certain.

But we should have been able to score against Luton too, and didn't even manage a shot on target.

Woodgate will be on very thin ice with the fans.

Excuse me, how dare you! We had one shot on target, thank you very much.

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Excuse me, how dare you! We had one shot on target, thank you very much.

I don't think we did, not according to BBC anyway. I seem to recall a Lewis Wing effort from the edge of the area might have been heading towards goal but was blocked by a defender rather than saved.

I'm honestly not that fussed about winning this particular game in terms of relegation. I think we just need to win game. If we lose this and win against Leeds for example, I still think we'll be fine. I still don't see this as a 6-pointer, so if we can pick up results in the home games, we should be fine.

Taking a great deal of solace from the stuff I pulled up about recent relegation battles in the Championship, I think.

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think we did, not according to BBC anyway. I seem to recall a Lewis Wing effort from the edge of the area might have been heading towards goal but was blocked by a defender rather than saved.

Oh yeah you're right; stats are showing 0 shots on target. Hmm, I could have sworn all the post game talk was about how both teams only had 1.

18 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Oh yeah you're right; stats are showing 0 shots on target. Hmm, I could have sworn all the post game talk was about how both teams only had 1.

Woody said we had one but the stats said 0, so I'm not entirely sure which shot he was referring to. But shots blocked don't count as shots on target in the stats so that could be it?

• Like 2