oneBoro Forum

Boro V Barnsley (A) 0-1

Big game this for Woodgate. Arguably, the most important one of his managerial career. On paper, we should win. However, I dont think we will and that reason alone is Woodgate. 

Great spot earlier about how non of us know his preferred match selection this far into the season. I myself tried to think which way he would go, but genuinely have 0 idea. 532? 433? 4231? If we're confused, then no doubt the players are as well. And judging by their performances on the pitch, I'd say this is also the case. 

It saddens me that he is using the scatter gun approach to see what would work. That to me shows he isnt working on a clear direction or philosophy. Hes just trying to see what sticks. 

Putting 4 strikers on up front, then complaining they had no service is laughable. But also worrying. Who is Woodgate turning to for experience? Everyone surrounded by him is so inexperienced it hurts. 

I pray that we win today, our club needs it. But if he doesnt, he wont go anyway. Gibson has shown that he will give him time and more time and it will be too late. 

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who would have thought Gibson hiring his mates to do a job they were massively under qualified for would turn out like this

Now then lads, long time no speak!   I was sceptical that Woodgate got the job in the summer because Gibson was too short sighted to realise that getting the cheap option who’s not going to

Stinks of a post-Karanka Boro Championship special to me. Start slow, get outfought, concede an early goal thanks to a switched off defender. Two down just before half-time, or stays at one throu

Posted Images

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

I think it says he has very little ability as a manager and that the players just turn up when they feel like it.

A lot of truth in that, could any of us say that these players are giving their all for 90 minutes because given the amount of 50/50 tackles and 2nd balls they lose that's not a team fighting. The players are in a comfort zone that in my opinion is why Woodgate hasn't lost the dressing room.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

Surly it won’t be a repeat of all previous games. Coincide early, play huff the ball because no one can pass and receive, no shots on target. Come out second half equalize then concede 3 mins latter and in the last 15 mins throw in the kitchen sink for a draw. 

I see you've been paying attention then. 😁

With the magnificent number of Boro fans travelling to the game the whole of MFC both staff and players owe it to them to produce a performance that we can all be proud of.

I suspect that the majority going realise that with the current situation then this is one of those rare opportunities to get behind the team as much as possible and hopefully roar the team on to victory.

I agree with those who have mentioned that should we give an abject display in front of those fans then really decisions about Woodgate's tenure should be taken. Also we could witness a vocal outrage from the fans the like that has not been seen for a long time.

Boy do we need this win and more so does Woodgate and the playing staff

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I pray that we win today, our club needs it. But if he doesnt, he wont go anyway. Gibson has shown that he will give him time and more time and it will be too late. 

I am not a believer in praying you may as well ask a milk jug, however which ever god you believe in has clearly shown is not a Boro supporter and seemingly tends to favour the other team when playing against us:classic_smile:

• Like 1

I've been trying to find some optimism for this game, but I don't have any. I can't see anything other than a Barnsley win. They are better than us and should have beaten us at the Riverside (we really got lucky there).  3-0 Barnsley. 

I think we can get a point off Charlton, but I am really struggling to see other games where we are likely to pick up points. It's worrying. 

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Coach is nearly getting tipped over by the wind at the Riverside, hope it's calmer down in South Yorkshire.

Which one? Keane or Leo?

Hohoho. Safe travels and enjoy the game!

• Haha 1
39 minutes ago, macapes said:

He gets credit when he earns it - and that means more consistent performances than a random win against West Brom.

I'm not talking about giving him credit over the long term. I'm saying that game was perhaps the best we've played this season and it was really good. That doesn't happen thanks to luck. West Brom didn't just let us win, we won the tactical battle by being set up tactically in favour of winning the game away at the league leaders. You won't even give him that which says your judgement of short-term victories is blinded by the long-term and the long-term is not something I'm disputing. You don't have to give him a resounding pat on the back for a whole season by allowing one match to be considered a genuine success.