oneBoro Forum

Should Jonathan Woodgate be sacked?

Should Woodgate be sacked?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should Woodgate be sacked?

Reaction GIF by moodman

OR

minions no GIF

I think we all know which way this vote will go but feel free to use this thread to discuss why he should be removed as manager or stay, who we should replace him with if he does go, and also what your favourite flavour of crisps are.

Mine's Thai Sweet Chili but i'm also partial to the odd bag of Smoky Bacon.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Gibson's primary concern is to have total control and likes to see the club as his vehicle to give his mates jobs, which vicariously gives him power. Gibson, akin to his Tory leaning ways, is ob

This post absolutely nails it and is by far the biggest problem with the club. The Media are absolutely terrified to criticize the club and point the finger, afraid of being excluded from the club lik

Well we will have to agree to disagree. Woodgate has not put a baby in the bath water to throw out. Not even an embryo. He has not developed a style of play, settled team or delivered on his vision of

Posted Images

I think he is out of his depth, the club is not at its most stable at the moment which in my opinion is not the time to have a rookie manager in even if it is "one of our own" 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Johnmfc81
  • Like 1

He shouldn't of been put in charge in the first place.

But now we are in a dilemma on who would replace him.

Gibson won't hire anyone that's already in a job.

Mangers that we where after before Woodgate are now in a job or too expensive i.e  Jovanivic (ex fulham manger)

I doubt he would go back for previous mangers likes of Karanka.

Does he go back to a defensive mangers (Allardyce), do we twist on another rookie (Leo, Under 23 manger), do we take a risk and pay for an expensive manger but has a reputation for attacking?

• Like 1

We all knew Woodgate was inexperienced but to surround him with the likes of Keane and Leo was crazy. The bloke is on his own and out of his depth. Needs to go 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Uwe said:

We all knew Woodgate was inexperienced but to surround him with the likes of Keane and Leo was crazy. The bloke is on his own and out of his depth. Needs to go 

At the time I thought the club showed great support for Leo (forget about his traits and his persona) nice touch imo but now the club has to support the supporters, they will know what the current feeling is and well can they really afford to ignore us over the long term?

• Like 2

Someone mentioned it in another thread but in the championship a good quality manager gets you prompted above throwing money at players.

You look at Wilder, Bielsa, Bilic recently. Wba although a strong team last season fell short so opted to put the big money into Bilic. Leeds noted a huge improvement putting money into Bielsa over players.

Imo we should follow the same suit. As bad as they've been recently there is a core of good exciting team here. Accept a bid in the summer for one of the higher value players and put in into management. I'm pretty sure everyone on this board would swap Britt for Bielsa if given the chance.

• Like 6
35 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Most certainly yes.

Anyone else lording over this season would have gone a long time ago at a different club.

But we are Boro (well Steve Gibson's personal enterprise) so we all know he won't.

Yeah but what crisps do you like?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes and for the simple reason that's hes lost the dressing room and the fans, he looks hopelessly lost and all this chopping and changing he does week in week out just goes to show that he really doesnt know what to do!

As a head coach hes is even getting the basics wrong, for example were 8 or 9 months and 2 transfer wimdows into Woodgates tenure and he still doesnt know what shape or formation is his best, what 11 is his strongest and what tactics he wants to deploy!

We may well somehow avoid relegation this season but with Woodgate in charge I feel that this will just repeat itself again next season, we need someone in with a clear philosophy and identity but also with experience.

Also I like Prawn Cocktail

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, mj south said:

Yes and for the simple reason that's hes lost the dressing room and the fans, he looks hopelessly lost and all this chopping and changing he does week in week out just goes to show that he really doesnt know what to do!

As a head coach hes is even getting the basics wrong, for example were 8 or 9 months and 2 transfer wimdows into Woodgates tenure and he still doesnt know what shape or formation is his best, what 11 is his strongest and what tactics he wants to deploy!

We may well somehow avoid relegation this season but with Woodgate in charge I feel that this will just repeat itself again next season, we need someone in with a clear philosophy and identity but also with experience.

Also I like Prawn Cocktail

Finally someone answering the important question :)

• Like 1

He simply has no idea what to do, watching his interview after games he's a deer in headlights he doesn't know what or how to change it. He has just got his fingers crossed we somehow have a mirical Christmas run.

In terms manager someone like Chris Hughton as he has experience of building a promotion side.

• Like 1