• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Gibson's primary concern is to have total control and likes to see the club as his vehicle to give his mates jobs, which vicariously gives him power. Gibson, akin to his Tory leaning ways, is ob

This post absolutely nails it and is by far the biggest problem with the club. The Media are absolutely terrified to criticize the club and point the finger, afraid of being excluded from the club lik

Well we will have to agree to disagree. Woodgate has not put a baby in the bath water to throw out. Not even an embryo. He has not developed a style of play, settled team or delivered on his vision of

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I honestly think we would go down. The fact all big earners contracts are running down, the decks are being cleared etc.. think they club are prepared for the worst 

It felt like the club had already accepted relegation back in the early Autumn, so this sadly does not surprise me. 

• Like 1

I think the fans are going to let Woodgate and Gibson know exactly how they feel unless something drastic changes against Leeds on Wednesday night. Fans have kept quiet and supportive hoping for things to turn around but time is running out.

• Like 2

I hope it's true that Woodgate has been sacked, to at least get someone else in to give us  a chance of staying up. With the next couple of  fixtures coming up, we could see ourselves sucked into bottom three with games running out. 

I don't think it's true though. I think Gibson isn't going to budge even if Woodgate takes us down. Depressing times at the club at moment. 😒

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

However amicable people think the split was it most definitely wasnt.. the tantrums and player divide wont be wanted back at the club.

It is weird that there are people who still don't get this.  Karanka managed to fall out with everyone.  Bloody hell, he fell out with Leo didn't he and he was the one who brought him here in the first place.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It is weird that there are people who still don't get this.  Karanka managed to fall out with everyone.  Bloody hell, he fell out with Leo didn't he and he was the one who brought him here in the first place.

People don't care, they don't want to get that, it's the most successful we've been in over 10 years of football, people don't forget that and will happily forget the reasons he left the worse we get.

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

People don't care, they don't want to get that, it's the most successful we've been in over 10 years of football, people don't forget that and will happily forget the reasons he left the worse we get.

Aye, probably right mate 👍

if you want any semblence of fence sitting on this ,im afraid imnot your man. as many others have stated... he should NEVER HAVE BEEN EVEN CONSIDERED for the job but against any other eoples reasoning ,Gibson in his latest fit of egotism and self importance did what HE wanted and hey ho ,all us lesser mortals have our misgivings show themselves right in front of our eyes. Wodgate is actually proving to be WORSE THAN I FEAREDhe would be, infact id go as far as to say hes possibly the worse ever manager to have managed in the whole  history of english league football . hes beyond incompetent. YES YES YES HE NEEDS TO GO. .......AND HIS COACHING BUDDIES TOO. HELL ,EVEN GIBSON IF IM OFF THAT FENCE. 

IVE UNFORTUNATELY HAD THE BAD LUC TO BE SADDLED WITH HAVING TO COMMIT MY FOOTBALL SUPPORTING LOVE WITH MFC FOR 50 PLUS YEARS AND SPENT VAST AMOUNTS DURING THOSE YEARS WITH A HANDFUL OF GREAT MEMORIESPLUS A BUCKET LOAD OF SAD MEMORIES TO TAKE WITH MEBUT THE SHEER HELPLESSNESS IFEEL RIGHT NOW IS MAKING ME REALLY DOUBT IF I CAN STICK BY MY HOMETOWN CLUB. 

IF gibson doesnt satisfy the masses before its too late woodgate will take us into obscurity and drag gibbo into the abyss with him and the mere fact that neil fecking warnock is being heralded by some fans to rescue us tells us how low the hope has fallen. 

crisps...........i lost my keeness for them when tudor was bypassed and im oldscool packet colour wise blue is vinegar browmis beef green/cheese n onoin   red ready salted  my faves were and always will be beef or cheese n onion,  but no crinkle style or weird shaped things   crisps should be thin  .  pringles are the only other option.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, BillinghamBoro said:

I think what's amazed me most about this season isn't the crap football, but how mute our local media have been. It's like they've been castrated as of lately they're absolutely terrified to call out the table position and results for what they are, which is horrendous. 

I can't remember who it was but someone said that Maddo who I have a lot of respect for was trying to defend us getting beat yesterday, if that's the case then my goodness

This post absolutely nails it and is by far the biggest problem with the club. The Media are absolutely terrified to criticize the club and point the finger, afraid of being excluded from the club like the Gazette were for a time. 

I've been to a few Boro events which Maddo has attended and he is a really nice bloke but he simply should not on BBC Tees if he's working for the club. Its a conflict of interest, he's not going to criticize those at the club and in turn he has this false spin that he puts on the radio. I remember in September when he said this season is one of transition, well i'll tell you right now that the ST prices do not reflect transition and must be lowered but we know that is not the case.

The problem is at the club as it seems no-one dares question Gibson, he wont allow it and I dont think thats a healthy working environment to have. 

Everyone right now is absolutely slaughtering Woodgate, for me personally I won't because I dont think its right. Gibson is the one who shoulders the blame and he can own this casserole of ineptitude. I dont think one person of sound mind wanted Woodgate appointed at the end of last season, the club tried to string it out as if they were extensively looking at all options. This was a ruse and Jonathan was their choice all along. 

Finally, its one thing appointing a rookie manager who no-one wanted, for the cheap option. But if your going to do that at least give him some proper funds to get some quality players to refresh the squad and give him a chance to succeed. So now when the inevitable does happen, Woodgate like Mogga will be the fall guy to have his reputation damaged. The fans will be convinced the next manager will be the next messiah, overlooking the upper management teams atrocious judgement and thus the cycle begins again. 

This ones on you Gibbo.

• Like 10
9 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

We do normally sack managers on Monday nights so still have my fingers crossed 🤞

What you thinking for this Leeds game Durham?

I know people say anything can happen in the championship but I will be stunned if it's not at least 3 nil to Leeds.

The poster who mentioned Warnock wanting one more job to reach a milestone. Just found the article. He is 12 games short of reaching 1500 games as a manager. Said he would like a job to end of season to reach that milestone. We have 12 games between now and end of season.

Its almost as if it was meant to be...

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, DanBoro93 said:

What you thinking for this Leeds game Durham?

I know people say anything can happen in the championship but I will be stunned if it's not at least 3 nil to Leeds.

I do believe players will step up for this they have got to still expect a loss as I attended Elland Road in December if Leeds turn it on we be hammered. But having said that Leeds away form isn't that great

• Like 2

Emptying The Ground.png

This wasn't made by me as you know I've said previously I blame Gibson. But this is what happens, Woodys reputation is being torn down whilst others are allowed to get away with it.

By the way, how shockingly bad was the original tagline 'Break New Ground' what does it even mean?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
58 minutes ago, DanBoro93 said:

Emptying The Ground.png

This wasn't made by me as you know I've said previously I blame Gibson. But this is what happens, Woodys reputation is being torn down whilst others are allowed to get away with it.

By the way, how shockingly bad was the original tagline 'Break New Ground' what does it even mean?

You know in the summer them 7  players that are pictured will probably be the only one's left 😄

• Haha 2