• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Gibson's primary concern is to have total control and likes to see the club as his vehicle to give his mates jobs, which vicariously gives him power. Gibson, akin to his Tory leaning ways, is ob

This post absolutely nails it and is by far the biggest problem with the club. The Media are absolutely terrified to criticize the club and point the finger, afraid of being excluded from the club lik

Well we will have to agree to disagree. Woodgate has not put a baby in the bath water to throw out. Not even an embryo. He has not developed a style of play, settled team or delivered on his vision of

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I think the biggest problem for me, other than the awful results, is that it's happening with Woodgate in no way sticking to his guns with his vision of how we wants the team to play.

It's fair enough seeing it as a long term project where it's worth short term pain if there's actually any semblance of something being put in place, but it's a different starting line up in every single match and no clear style of play.

I think we'll be in the relegation zone by the end of Monday night, I'm not sure we'll get out of it.

6 of the starting 11 from Saturday are out of contract in the summer, so it's not playing with a view to the future.

Completely agree with this. The entire vision sold to us at the start of the season has very clearly not been implemented. Are the other age groups all playing the same system as the first team like Woodgate said? Of course they’re not because the first team doesn’t have an identity or style of play. Woodgate abandoned his 433 high press after game three. His mantra of “it’s simple, just score goals” sounds utterly ludicrous when we have scored less than under Pulis. Every single senior player has regressed under Woodgate. 

1 minute ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Running out of games to make an impact though and Woody just p**** our three easiest fixtures up the wall. Every week we wait makes League 1 more likely. 

Which is why Gibson needs to act today! I have said all along that waiting until the final international break will be too late. 

19 minutes ago, White Band said:

Weird. That wasn't in the interview he gave straight after the match on Saturday. 

100% not on the interview that was with bbc tees sport. 

Yet again, how stupid do they think we are. In an age of digital information and instant access, I find it insulting that they would pump out this *** propaganda and think it's going to change people's opinions.

If woodgate is the best manager that he has worked with, how the *** has he won 8 games all season?? Its an absolute joke, honestly. 

I'd rather they say, hes learning and is getting things moving in the right direction. 

Shottons managers that hes played under..

Pulis (first FA cup final, promotion, 

Rowett - got them to 6th. Lost to Fulham in the second leg of the play offs. 

Zola and Redknapp - pretty poor season. 19th place in the league. 

Monk, Pulis and Woodgate at Boro. Again nothing special. But MILES better than current. 

P r o p a g a n d a

10 minutes ago, White Band said:

Which is why Gibson needs to act today! I have said all along that waiting until the final international break will be too late. 

Agreed. New gaffer would have free hits at Leeds and Forest which we would have almost 100% lost with Woody anyway... Then he should be at last somewhat bedded in for Charlton. 

Woodgate can't win on the tactics front. He was forced to change from his preferred style when injuries and results hit us hard at the early point in the season. We shored up a leaky defence and gradually started playing better towards the end of last year, the Hull game in particular was one game which, prior to Johnson's sending off, was much better than we'd played prior to that, it was the beginning of a turnaround in form and results. Charlton at home was incredibly only a 1-goal win but things got worse as Britt went off injured and young Walker couldn't wrap it up. We got a couple of important wins, then a couple of really good wins and then we hit the New Year.

Players only recently started coming back into the side in the last month as we brought new boys in and Woodgate was determined to go back to his preferred style, but he has only just recently had the chance to do that, when we started looking safer. Don't get me wrong, the last 3 have been dreadfully managed and the team look void of motivation and guts, the subs have been dreadful in terms of changing tact. But I'm not gonna call Woodgate out on not sticking with his 4-3-3 all the way through. Everybody wanted him to change it back then and now want to criticise him for not sticking to his guns the whole way through when it wasn't working and we weren't winning. Everyone felt getting a couple of wins on board was important (we had only 1 at that point) and during that time, his options became more limited and we were stuck in a formation he was getting more out of but ultimately wasn't one he wanted to play.

I think the loss of Roberts has really hit us too. He's the kind of player we need if we're gonna go back to 4-3-3 and be effective. The sooner we get him back, the better it should be for us. Unsurprisingly, Woodgate is being careful with his recovery so as to avoid any further injury.

There's no way we're going to get to safety with him still in charge. We have gone from battling for the play offs to battling relegation. I don't think Gibson is even arsed anymore and I really don't see a way out of this mess.

2 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

100% not on the interview that was with bbc tees sport. 

Yet again, how stupid do they think we are. In an age of digital information and instant access, I find it insulting that they would pump out this *** propaganda and think it's going to change people's opinions.

If woodgate is the best manager that he has worked with, how the *** has he won 8 games all season?? Its an absolute joke, honestly. 

I'd rather they say, hes learning and is getting things moving in the right direction. 

Shottons managers that hes played under..

Pulis (first FA cup final, promotion, 

Rowett - got them to 6th. Lost to Fulham in the second leg of the play offs. 

Zola and Redknapp - pretty poor season. 19th place in the league. 

Monk, Pulis and Woodgate at Boro. Again nothing special. But MILES better than current. 

P r o p a g a n d a

Wait, who are you blaming for propaganda, Shotton or the Gazette?

48 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Wait, who are you blaming for propaganda, Shotton or the Gazette?

I blame the club. What the Gazette has written is rather different to what Shotton said straight after the match. Either the Gazette are seriously misrepresenting what Shotton said, or both he and the Gazette have been told what to say afterwards by the club. I believe the latter is more likely.

14 minutes ago, White Band said:

I blame the club. What the Gazette has written is rather different to what Shotton said straight after the match. Either the Gazette are seriously misrepresenting what Shotton said, or both he and the Gazette have been told what to say afterwards by the club. I believe the latter is more likely.

Or the interview in the Gazette is not the interview with BBC Tees...

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

Woodgate can't win on the tactics front. He was forced to change from his preferred style when injuries and results hit us hard at the early point in the season. We shored up a leaky defence and gradually started playing better towards the end of last year, the Hull game in particular was one game which, prior to Johnson's sending off, was much better than we'd played prior to that, it was the beginning of a turnaround in form and results. Charlton at home was incredibly only a 1-goal win but things got worse as Britt went off injured and young Walker couldn't wrap it up. We got a couple of important wins, then a couple of really good wins and then we hit the New Year.

Players only recently started coming back into the side in the last month as we brought new boys in and Woodgate was determined to go back to his preferred style, but he has only just recently had the chance to do that, when we started looking safer. Don't get me wrong, the last 3 have been dreadfully managed and the team look void of motivation and guts, the subs have been dreadful in terms of changing tact. But I'm not gonna call Woodgate out on not sticking with his 4-3-3 all the way through. Everybody wanted him to change it back then and now want to criticise him for not sticking to his guns the whole way through when it wasn't working and we weren't winning. Everyone felt getting a couple of wins on board was important (we had only 1 at that point) and during that time, his options became more limited and we were stuck in a formation he was getting more out of but ultimately wasn't one he wanted to play.

I think the loss of Roberts has really hit us too. He's the kind of player we need if we're gonna go back to 4-3-3 and be effective. The sooner we get him back, the better it should be for us. Unsurprisingly, Woodgate is being careful with his recovery so as to avoid any further injury.

He could win on the tactics front by winning on the pitch, I would have thought that part was obvious?  We aren't winning on the pitch and the changes he chooses to make, not forced changes, don't seem to give us any improvement.  That's entirely down to him and he can be judged fairly on that without any mitigation.

If you believe the loss of Roberts has really hit us hard then I'm not sure exactly what that says about us or about your thinking on this.  Roberts has played in 4 games for us this season and we didn't win any of them but his loss has really hit us hard?  I'd like him to be available as well but I'm struggling to use him as an excuse for the season as a whole or even the season since he signed here on loan.  He looks a good player, no question, but he's not good enough to mask the rest of our problems.  Finally, Woodgate isn't being careful with his recovery.  He'll be back playing as soon as he's fit and able to, the same as every other player.  Friend had played two games this season for us, then after a reserve game and a friendly he was back in the starting line up.

9 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Or the interview in the Gazette is not the interview with BBC Tees...

Why would Shotton suddenly do a second interview which provided different information to the first, unless he had been told to do so by the club?

Edit: his post match interview was very honest. The one in the Gazette has the appearance of ideas having been crafted by the club. Hence it is not surprising if people view it as propaganda. 

Despite the shambles the club is I really can’t see them forcing a player to read out a script to the gazette. I don’t understand those quotes at all though so can’t think up any alternative explanation other than Shotton just trying to be positive.