oneBoro Forum

Should Jonathan Woodgate be sacked?

Should Woodgate be sacked?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should Woodgate be sacked?

5 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I'm by no means ITK but I've had a few texts saying he's had the bullet. 

It does seem to be getting spread around a bit although that could be the power of social media 

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Gibson's primary concern is to have total control and likes to see the club as his vehicle to give his mates jobs, which vicariously gives him power. Gibson, akin to his Tory leaning ways, is ob

This post absolutely nails it and is by far the biggest problem with the club. The Media are absolutely terrified to criticize the club and point the finger, afraid of being excluded from the club lik

Well we will have to agree to disagree. Woodgate has not put a baby in the bath water to throw out. Not even an embryo. He has not developed a style of play, settled team or delivered on his vision of

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Ultimately it's the fans who pay the price. 

The players get to leave if they're good enough and their agents will blame Woodgate as to why their clients couldn't perform well enough. 

I honestly think if we went down we wouldnt come back up again. Players would leave and Woodgate has shown that he just isnt clued up to be a manager. 

If he isnt getting the most out of the players here, how on earth is he going to do it with lesser players?

I completely agree us as fans are chained to the clubs fortunes and have no say in how its run whats so ever so envious of German football fans owning 51% of their clubs 

I am more inclined to believe Stevie would be brought in to a Venebles style role to steady the ship. 

Hope I am wrong but I don't see Gibbo get riding of Woody. He brought him back to the club even after Aitor had given him that send off.

44 minutes ago, Blanco said:

It does seem to be getting spread around a bit although that could be the power of social media 

It's all just rumours atm, no one has any concrete evidence. It's possible that Mclaren being seen here is what's kicked it off. Hope for our sake it's true, though.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blanco said:

I think so, pinkponce on Twitter seems to think social media stories are spreading because people simply want to be the first to announce any potential story. He's been a bit vague but essentially sounds like he thinks the rumours are rubbish. Reasonably well connected though he's had a few misses over the years, just like anyone with any connections to the club really.

• Like 1

I just want to point out that despite any appearances to the contrary today, I really do like Wilson.  In fact, if it was possible to swap him for the feckless, good-for-nothing, DZ, then I would be immensely proud to call him my son 👨‍👦

I was once like you are now, and I know that it's not easy,
To be calm when you've found something going on
But take your time, think a lot
Why, think of everything you've got
For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not.

How can I try to explain? 'Cause when I do he turns away again
It's always been the same, same old story
From the moment I could talk I was ordered to listen
Now there's a way and I know that I have to go away
I know I have to go.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, mj south said:

If Steve Mac is up at Rockliffe I wonder if it's to work in the role of a DoF instead of replacing Woody?

Thought he had set up a golf academy there? Cant see Gibson going for him or AK.

28 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I can't believe that we'd hire McClaren for any role here.  Maybe Gibson is losing his marbles though.

It’d be Gibson doubling down on his mistake to appoint Woodgate in the first place. McClaren is highly rated as a coach so he’d add something to us. In fact, he has far more about him than Woodgate so if I was him I’d find it pretty bizarre to have his CV and be a moron like Woodgate’s coach. It’d only reinforce how Woodgate didn’t get the job in merit.