oneBoro Forum

Should Jonathan Woodgate be sacked?

Should Woodgate be sacked?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should Woodgate be sacked?

33 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Clayton ought to start, he’s played in 7 of our 8 wins this season. A draw would be a very good result for Woodgate and the best way to ensure that is to keep things tight in defence. 

I've been asking this for ages... why was he dropped? All those good wins came with the DM pairing of Saville and Clayton, with Tavernier as attacking mid ahead of him.

Okay Howson and McNair aren't centre backs.... but it was working and we were winning. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Gibson's primary concern is to have total control and likes to see the club as his vehicle to give his mates jobs, which vicariously gives him power. Gibson, akin to his Tory leaning ways, is ob

This post absolutely nails it and is by far the biggest problem with the club. The Media are absolutely terrified to criticize the club and point the finger, afraid of being excluded from the club lik

Well we will have to agree to disagree. Woodgate has not put a baby in the bath water to throw out. Not even an embryo. He has not developed a style of play, settled team or delivered on his vision of

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

Did he really say freak results can happen in the Championship in reference to our match against Leeds? 

I don't think he said that our result at Leeds was a freak result, if that's what you're saying? I know he said a lot about how anyone can beat anyone in this league (as he's done all season, one of those comments that Pulis pushed too) and he listed off some results where Leeds lost.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think he said that our result at Leeds was a freak result, if that's what you're saying? I know he said a lot about how anyone can beat anyone in this league (as he's done all season, one of those comments that Pulis pushed too) and he listed off some results where Leeds lost.

Perhaps I was wrong but I just interpreted it as it would be a freak result for us to beat them. Your explanation makes sense.

1 hour ago, Maccarone said:

If he doesn't go we are 100% relegated, that's for sure, there will be no hope what so ever.

I think even if he does go there's still a high chance of us getting relegated, this group of players have no idea how to play as a team.

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I think even if he does go there's still a high chance of us getting relegated, this group of players have no idea how to play as a team.

I totally agree with you, the situation may be too far gone for any manager to rectify at this stage. The trick is then to employ someone who can wheel and deal and put a suitable squad together to get us promoted.

2 minutes ago, Cormick said:

If Woodgate is a true Boro fan and still wants some sort of respect from the fans, he should resign instead of waiting for a pay off from the club.

Human nature and the fact that new jobs will be few and far between for him would suggest he will stay until the very bitter end.

1 hour ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Human nature and the fact that new jobs will be few and far between for him would suggest he will stay until the very bitter end.

He would easily get a job at a lower league team, and it would be less pressure on him.  Unfortunately the money won't be there for him.

2 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

He would easily get a job at a lower league team, and it would be less pressure on him.  Unfortunately the money won't be there for him.

He'd walk straight back in to Liverpool's set up surely. You know, where he was so highly regarded.

1 hour ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

It's not really been here for him either, however much quality he has had to work with coming into the job he's not been able to spend anything relative to his predecessors.