oneBoro Forum

Should Jonathan Woodgate be sacked?

Should Woodgate be sacked?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should Woodgate be sacked?

I still don't understand how he's in a job. I genuinely don't think any other club in this division would have kept him in a job producing the results he has. Were the only club I know of that seemingly awards incompetence and failure by keeping him in a job

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Gibson's primary concern is to have total control and likes to see the club as his vehicle to give his mates jobs, which vicariously gives him power. Gibson, akin to his Tory leaning ways, is ob

This post absolutely nails it and is by far the biggest problem with the club. The Media are absolutely terrified to criticize the club and point the finger, afraid of being excluded from the club lik

Well we will have to agree to disagree. Woodgate has not put a baby in the bath water to throw out. Not even an embryo. He has not developed a style of play, settled team or delivered on his vision of

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

It's not really been here for him either, however much quality he has had to work with coming into the job he's not been able to spend anything relative to his predecessors.

I meant his salary.  So he's not going to want to go.  He will stay until pushed.

1 minute ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

I meant his salary.  So he's not going to want to go.  He will stay until pushed.

Ah right, I see what you mean. I doubt he's on that much. Yes it will be more than somewhere lower down but I can't imagine he's on a great deal compared even to some Championship managers. I don't think he's sticking around for the money, though.

1 minute ago, BillinghamBoro said:

I still don't understand how he's in a job. I genuinely don't think any other club in this division would have kept him in a job producing the results he has. Were the only club I know of that seemingly awards incompetence and failure by keeping him in a job

If the people that employ him and provide him with the wherewithal to do the job know that this is the best that can be expected from him then to sack him would be an outrageous decision imo.

However the position that we are in call into question those who have made the decisions that have resulted in where we are today. Mr Gibson Owns the club and can run it in anyway he wants to, but is he the only one left that thinks the position we are currently in is just based on recent decisions rather than a series of bad decisions that have led us to this point.

I want a safe secure club to watch and support till I die and know that my kids can do the same, if the decisions Mr Gibson has made secure this then that’s great, however after years of silence from him and no clear understanding of the true position we are in, how can anyone move forward with any certainty that this is just an understandable short term blip, rather than the result of terrible decisions and ineffectual application of them from both the playing side and the boardroom.

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Ah right, I see what you mean. I doubt he's on that much. Yes it will be more than somewhere lower down but I can't imagine he's on a great deal compared even to some Championship managers. I don't think he's sticking around for the money, though.

True, you can't blame him for wanting to make it work but it's just not going to work.  He's a boss not a leader, you can tell from his interviews.  Anyway, let's see what 2pm brings eh

When he was appointed, he had a plan, the plan I'm sure wasn't to steer us into The National League. It appears that the ambition Mr Gibson once had, has disappeared, and it seems, that destination League 1 isn't particularly bothering him. Well, it is bothering the fans, we are heartbroken, we pay our money, and as such, entitled to an opinion. What is happening at Boro, is criminal!

Anybody else think he will resign?  I've just read his interview in relation to him looking hard at himself in the next 24 hours.  I think he might go or it might be wishful thinking, whom we will get is another thing, I honestly just want a level head who works with the team.  Not a military commander! To get the best out of people you need give people respect, sports people or not, they are humans.  

I am certain most members have gone through "probationary" periods in their working lives whereby decisions are made as to whether or not you are suitable for the job and have a real grasp as to the work involved.

If he did have a pb then surely he has failed to reach the required levels or are the credentials demanded by MFC that low?

Trouble is so many followers suffer because of the consequences of MFC not being a well run business

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I am certain most members have gone through "probationary" periods in their working lives whereby decisions are made as to whether or not you are suitable for the job and have a real grasp as to the work involved.

If he did have a pb then surely he has failed to reach the required levels or are the credentials demanded by MFC that low?

Trouble is so many followers suffer because of the consequences of MFC not being a well run business

Exactly...  Any other business you'd be long gone silver.

• Like 1

Also when completing your pb the powers that be will ask whether or not you can add to the business moving ahead and be a real asset and have that little spark towards being one to watch

Can the same apply with regards JW and MFC honestly?

I really hope he resigns at 2pm. I dont think that will happen though. 

I'd have lots of respect for Woodgate if he realised it hadnt worked and he needed to do what's right for the club. It will be on his shoulders that we go down and the fans will remember him for that. Instead, he has the chance to bow out with some shred of decency and fans would be supportive.

If it's someone coming in to assist him, then it proves he wasnt up to the standard in the first place. Or that who ever appointed him made a miscalculation. 

Is there any chance it can be a run of the mill presser? 

I just hope when he goes, which will likely be soon, we don't fall back into defensive dinosaur country. I couldn't take another Pulis reign. 

Out of interest who would people like to see?

I'd personally like us to look abroad for someone doing big things in a smaller league. As crap as we are being in the championship is still a big pull for likely every manager outside the top half of the bundesliga, seria A and La Liga. Another shout I'd put forward is Lee Bowyer. Done well at Charlton despite zero backing and a shocking injury ravaged team. 

3 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I just hope when he goes, which will likely be soon, we don't fall back into defensive dinosaur country. I couldn't take another Pulis reign. 

Out of interest who would people like to see?

I'd personally like us to look abroad for someone doing big things in a smaller league. As crap as we are being in the championship is still a big pull for likely every manager outside the top half of the bundesliga, seria A and La Liga. Another shout I'd put forward is Lee Bowyer. Done well at Charlton despite zero backing and a shocking injury ravaged team. 

Chris Hughton for me.