• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Gibson's primary concern is to have total control and likes to see the club as his vehicle to give his mates jobs, which vicariously gives him power. Gibson, akin to his Tory leaning ways, is ob

This post absolutely nails it and is by far the biggest problem with the club. The Media are absolutely terrified to criticize the club and point the finger, afraid of being excluded from the club lik

Well we will have to agree to disagree. Woodgate has not put a baby in the bath water to throw out. Not even an embryo. He has not developed a style of play, settled team or delivered on his vision of

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

It could be that they had to let the press conference go ahead because they are trying to find a replacement for Woodgate. No point in sacking him and having to scurry around to find someone.

I think it just means that Gibson is hoping that we beat Forest so that he doesn't have to pull the trigger (in his own mind).  As I said yesterday, one result is just one result, it shouldn't be the basis upon which Gibson is deciding who the manager/head coach should be.  Last night we lost but didn't get hammered so that allowed Gibson to avoid making a change.  If we'd been battered I think that would have been it but a close scoreline gives the illusion of us being competitive when really there was a clear gap between the two sides, as you'd expect, and it allows people to say that the players are clearly still trying for the manager, just as long as we ignore previous games and focus solely on this one.  Again, that makes no sense at all but you can bet that's what has been said/thought behind the scenes at Boro.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I believe I now know the answers, Gibson and Woodgate appear to differ with every other business mould.

This will turn toxic the longer it goes and eventually MFC will realise we are not mugs.

The only glimmer of hope they have is that they will not drive sufficient fans away and that many will come back if there is an improvement, and this will apply to any league we will be playing in

They say there is always a light at the end of a tunnel, so keep hoping, sadly at the moment I wonder if we shouldn’t hope that the light is a train, that way maybe the needed changes get made. Unfortunately in every train crash it’s the passengers who suffer and the board members think a liberal dose of platitudes and promises will solve all ills.

I hope that we get the truth, or as much as we can so we can honestly decide whether to understand why things have got where they are.... or it’s time to grab the pitchforks and march on the big house...😞

51 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Oh does this mean my quest is still on?:classic_blink:

If you're willing to wait til next season, you'll be able to watch us beating Swindon and Exeter on Quest, providing you can stay up til 10.45pm and not be tempted to switch over for some decent football on BBC1 instead.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

If you're willing to wait til next season, you'll be able to watch us beating Swindon and Exeter on Quest, providing you can stay up til 10.45pm and not be tempted to switch over for some decent football on BBC1 instead.

Is that a promise that we will beat Swindon and Exeter so my on-going quest can be fulfilled?

We’re hardly the first club to struggle to adapt to the Championship after relegation from the Prem.   We gambled on Monk and it landed us with weak players on big contracts.  When the parachute payments stopped, we were left with under achieving players whom we couldn’t afford.

At that point we needed a seasoned manager to rebuild over a 3 year period.  This needed to be coupled with a thriving youth development programme and astute recruitment.

The massive problem is that we don’t have the experienced manager to oversee this and our recruitment continues to be hopeless......  It all boils down to judgement at the top.

I take no pleasure from the current failings.  I hate the abuse Woodgate and Gibson are getting.   I thought the Leeds performance was a massive improvement on the Barnsley one.   We competed but we lack the basic quality to beat a team like Leeds.  We didn’t create much but this has been a problem for a number of years.

For me, if Monday goes badly, change simply has to come.  I’d favour an experienced manager alongside Woodgate as a consultant until the end of the season.  For Venables read Warnock. 

• Like 1

Out of interest, would anyone want to hang on to Woodgate a bit longer if it meant we made a better long-term appointment?

Say, for example, Gibson had already made his mind up but will keep Woodgate in charge until he's sure he's got something better lined up. There's a lot of assumptions being made there but I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility in football in general that managers sometimes stick around longer than they're supposed to because the list of potential incomings doesn't look any good or because clubs are keeping an eye on alternatives and sounding them out through third parties before having the current manager walk the plank.

It might be that Gibson doesn't believe the alternatives are any good or affordable right now and that's a big reason in his thinking to keep Woodgate in charge. I'm not convinced this is the case and we'll maybe just hire McClaren or Warnock in Woodgate's seemingly inevitable absence but who knows.

16 minutes ago, LeedsBoro said:

We’re hardly the first club to struggle to adapt to the Championship after relegation from the Prem.   We gambled on Monk and it landed us with weak players on big contracts.  When the parachute payments stopped, we were left with under achieving players whom we couldn’t afford.

At that point we needed a seasoned manager to rebuild over a 3 year period.  This needed to be coupled with a thriving youth development programme and astute recruitment.

The massive problem is that we don’t have the experienced manager to oversee this and our recruitment continues to be hopeless......  It all boils down to judgement at the top.

I take no pleasure from the current failings.  I hate the abuse Woodgate and Gibson are getting.   I thought the Leeds performance was a massive improvement on the Barnsley one.   We competed but we lack the basic quality to beat a team like Leeds.  We didn’t create much but this has been a problem for a number of years.

For me, if Monday goes badly, change simply has to come.  I’d favour an experienced manager alongside Woodgate as a consultant until the end of the season.  For Venables read Warnock. 

If we got an experienced hand to help Woodgate and we stay up, next season would we be in the situation of needing a new manager as the players had responded to the help coming in and had totally removed any standing Woodgate had as manager.

I personally agree that we need someone to come in to help us get through this season, I’m just undecided if that’s the best solution or if it’s a papering up of the cracks one, but then we have appointed lots of managers recently so the folk who decide what’s what, may not be the best folk to decide on the help coming in or next manager.

Just now, mendieta420 said:

I don't think Gibson has any intention of sacking him and talk of it is waste of time, tbh.

Yes I'm with you on this, I don't see Woodgate getting sacked, as I said in earlier thread I think Klopp has more chance of being sacked. 

After reading Woodgates comments and hearing him on the radio I reckon he is that arrogant that even if we survived by 1 goal he would come out with the biggest 'I told you so' any of us can imagine and he'd praise it as a job well done.

What's Gibson trying to do if he doesn't get rid of Woodgate? I don't understand why he wouldn't, performances are dire, relegation looms, why would he not at least try to avoid that?

I just don't understand the logic, someone needs to explain to me in simple terms why Woodgate is still here.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Maccarone said:

What's Gibson trying to do if he doesn't get rid of Woodgate? I don't understand why he wouldn't, performances are dire, relegation looms, why would he not at least try to avoid that?

I just don't understand the logic, someone needs to explain to me in simple terms why Woodgate is still here.

He's one of our own.

What a Mickey Mouse club we've turned into, at any club in the 4 divisions Woodgate would be sacked, but what we have is an head coach who's delusional and a chairman who is that arrogant that he's willing to gamble with this football clubs future. Gibson won't have much of a club to sell the way he's going. Apparently Gibson feels next season we're gonna smash the League, he doesn't see any team in League 1 who we should be frightened of.

• Like 1