oneBoro Forum

Should Jonathan Woodgate be sacked?

Should Woodgate be sacked?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should Woodgate be sacked?

44 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Is that a promise that we will beat Swindon and Exeter so my on-going quest can be fulfilled?

Wouldn't like to make that promise, cos I reckon Richie Wellens could easily out-think Woodgate. Mind you, the way we're going, I think Richie from Bottom could out-think him.

• Haha 2
  • Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Gibson's primary concern is to have total control and likes to see the club as his vehicle to give his mates jobs, which vicariously gives him power. Gibson, akin to his Tory leaning ways, is ob

This post absolutely nails it and is by far the biggest problem with the club. The Media are absolutely terrified to criticize the club and point the finger, afraid of being excluded from the club lik

Well we will have to agree to disagree. Woodgate has not put a baby in the bath water to throw out. Not even an embryo. He has not developed a style of play, settled team or delivered on his vision of

Posted Images

1 minute ago, RiseAgainst said:

Wouldn't like to make that promise, cos I reckon Richie Wellens could easily out-think Woodgate. Mind you, the way we're going, I think Richie from Bottom could out-think him.

rik mayall bottom GIF

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

What's Gibson trying to do if he doesn't get rid of Woodgate? I don't understand why he wouldn't, performances are dire, relegation looms, why would he not at least try to avoid that?

I just don't understand the logic, someone needs to explain to me in simple terms why Woodgate is still here.

Because the chairman's an arrogant buffoon who doesn't like being proven wrong, that's what it boils down to.

• Like 1

Woodgate has inherited a poisoned chalice as the club has made so many mistakes over the last few years.   We needed an experienced manager as we needed a complete rebuilding job.  The appointment was wrong but now we need to pull together or we’re going down.  The only thing that matters is staying up.....

For those wanting Woodgate sacked, who would you appoint?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

If that is the case then arguably Woodgate shouldn't be held responsible. I don't agree though, this is at the very least a mid-table side. It's not balanced with quality across it, at the top end of the pitch there is a distinct lack of a player or two who can forge something out of nothing (besides seemingly Roberts) but there is enough there to be comfortable of avoiding the drop.

I would argue that JW is accountable as he clearly cannot evaluate a players strength and weakness. Trying to play expansive football with the players he had at his disposal was a seriously flawed decision. His constant chopping and changing of personnel and formation has helped none of the players understand what their role is or how he really wants them to play. I am surprised people think the players we have are better than they are. I haven't seen any evidence this year or last really. I was in the minority last year when I said Pulis got more out of the team than the sum of its parts and I still stand by that. We have pragmatic players that can stifle teams in a war of attrition but ask them to play attacking football and ours and their weaknesses are exploited. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, LeedsBoro said:

Woodgate has inherited a poisoned chalice as the club has made so many mistakes over the last few years.   We needed an experienced manager as we needed a complete rebuilding job.  The appointment was wrong but now we need to pull together or we’re going down.  The only thing that matters is staying up.....

Steve Gibson's dog would do a better job.

• Like 1
Just now, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Steve Gibson's dog would do a better job.

While I am traveling on trains etc I play alot of Football Manager and I have led Boro to win the 2031 Champions League now that's a long term plan. I have to admit though I struggled this first season with the squad but still finished 9th so I believe I could do a better job than Woodgate has done 😉

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

While I am traveling on trains etc I play alot of Football Manager and I have led Boro to win the 2031 Champions League now that's a long term plan. I have to admit though I struggled this first season with the squad but still finished 9th so I believe I could do a better job than Woodgate has done 😉

Hmm, yes I also had a sterling career getting Kidderminster into the prem and onto champions League success.  Very hard but with a good chairman and good scouting and thinking about my tactics and training it went well.  Oh an my door was always open for the lads to come and chat to me

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Well that's good enough for me, Gibson take note we've just found the next Boro manager and its a long term plan, Gibson's got tunnel vision so I bet you don't get the job.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Woodgate is in the middle of a period of intense self reflection if you believe the Gazette, I wonder what this long hard look at himself will reveal.

i agree he's been hampered by the transfer policy which is a complete joke, we constantly fail to get good players and misuse the good ones we do manage to sign.

it's looking seriously ropey, gibbo seems to not care so much, but why when the investment into the stadium means surely he wants to see it full.

perhaps relegation will being clever incentives from the club - school kids free, over 60s free, 10 or 20 pound tickets to at least get a stadium fuller of people who dont feel they are being milked for nothing... but we know that wont happen.

if gibbo wants to sell then he is going about diminishing our value at an insane rate. I'm not saying there are any buyers, but he'd need to get out quick before we are worth less than FA. 

very puzzling times at the boro.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, LeedsBoro said:

Experienced manager you say, I'd take Pulis!