• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Gibson's primary concern is to have total control and likes to see the club as his vehicle to give his mates jobs, which vicariously gives him power. Gibson, akin to his Tory leaning ways, is ob

This post absolutely nails it and is by far the biggest problem with the club. The Media are absolutely terrified to criticize the club and point the finger, afraid of being excluded from the club lik

Well we will have to agree to disagree. Woodgate has not put a baby in the bath water to throw out. Not even an embryo. He has not developed a style of play, settled team or delivered on his vision of

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I think its because if you fail at the top you can try a level below and you have a handful of ready made excuses.

If you start low down the ladder and fail there is no where to go.

I think its the reverse in reality, most of the successful Coaches/Managers start off lower down and work they way up to bigger jobs. Liverpool had a brief spell where they used the famous Boot Room as an exception but whether its Wenger, Fergie, Martin O'Neil or Mourinho they all started at a lower lever and worked their way up. Brendan Rogers is a possible current exception but he didn't exactly drop too far but I can't think of many or any who started high then dropped and came back although I'm sure there must be some. If they make mistakes and mess up at the bottom end in front of 600 complainers instead of 60,000 irate fans, TV cameras in your face along with tens of tabloid journalists criticising every detail the learning curve is a lot easier and forgiving.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I think its because if you fail at the top you can try a level below and you have a handful of ready made excuses.

If you start low down the ladder and fail there is no where to go.

Well if you can't cut it at a small club, thats probably a sign you're not cut out to be a manager. Start looking for work as a pundit or another industry entirely.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Maybe they put the apostrophe in on purpose but I think they meant the fans choice.

As you say, the fan’s choice is far more apt. 

Yeah, I just moved it along one letter originally so it read fans' but I put it back cos that's how they wrote it.

Woodgate in the gazette" I talk to Steve Gibson all the time HE'S NOT DAFT HE KNOWS THE SITUATION". Not daft just stubborn, pig headed, delusional, arrogant and now an absolute train crash of a chairman, but lovely to know that he's got your back Woody, so when you eventually walk away with your" I did my best for the club" speech, leaving us the fans watching League 1 football. Thanks for all yours effort Woodgate you useless ***.   

9 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Woodgate in the gazette" I talk to Steve Gibson all the time HE'S NOT DAFT HE KNOWS THE SITUATION". Not daft just stubborn, pig headed, delusional, arrogant and now an absolute train crash of a chairman, but lovely to know that he's got your back Woody, so when you eventually walk away with your" I did my best for the club" speech, leaving us the fans watching League 1 football. Thanks for all yours effort Woodgate you useless ***.   

Poor Woody, he probably pops on here once or twice a day to have a bit of a chill out and laugh at my funny jokes, and then he has to read all of these horrible posts about him and every single thing he says 😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Poor Woody, he probably pops on here once or twice a day to have a bit of a chill out and laugh at my funny jokes, and then he has to read all of these horrible posts about him and every single thing he says 😭

Well in that case:

Woody we don't hate you. You're just not competent enough to guide us out of this relegation battle. Please resign.

• Like 2

This says it all to me..

"Steve knows what the situation is. He’s not daft. He has been in football a long time. He knows the crack.”

What the absolute hell is this club?  It's like he's some lad from down the club who's having a go at running the Boro.  Oh hang on..

Club is knackered boys and girls..  it's just a load of lads having a lovely time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Steve Gibson's primary concern is to have total control and likes to see the club as his vehicle to give his mates jobs, which vicariously gives him power. Gibson, akin to his Tory leaning ways, is obsessed with power and controls the media by keeping the Evening Gazette and BBC Tees toting the party lines. I don't blame the Evening Gazette sports team, it's just Gibson and the Club using their power to remove any meaningful scrutiny that the club have. The Club have got Neil Maddison on the payroll with his job within the club. Slaven got sacked in that role after becoming too outspoken. Gibson is doing everything in his power to avoid scrutiny. If he bothered to put the same robust practices that he puts into avoiding scrutiny, into organising the club into being successful on the pitch then we wouldn't be in this mess. There are many parallels between how the Club control the media and how the Tories get an easy ride from the right wing press. The only time when we've been successful in the past decade was when Karanka and Orta took control away from Gibson. Either side of Karanka being here we've wasted money on garbage signings and knee jerked between unsuccessful managers who were either unproven and unprepared to be a manager or dinosaur managers. I also don't like how when Karanka and Orta left Gibson got the Evening Gazette to launch a smear campaign on them. It was very dirty by Gibson.

The way I think Gibson views the club is that as he puts loads of millions into MFC then he can do whatever he wants. The mantra is basically that the fans are meaningless and that Gibson is infallible like a medieval King or Pope. I think the Club would be by far better off if there was more scrutiny of decisions, both within itself about appointments to senior positions, such as could anyone have warned Gibson about appointing Woodgate and Bevington into such influential positions?, and externally through the media; There were eyebrows raised on here about both those appointments, yet the club saw no issue and the Evening Gazette and BBC Tees didn't scrutinise the decisions. It has just endlessly produced propaganda on behalf of Woodgate and the club. We're teetering on the brink of relegation to League One, and it’s abundantly clear that Gibson is completely mismanaging the club. We desperately need a Director of Football in the Summer to take away the power from Gibson's incompetent hands. Hopefully we can somehow salvage this season so that we're not walking out as a League One side in August. It's incredibly worrying times.

Edited by p_mards
  • Like 17
14 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Steve Gibson's primary concern is to have total control and likes to see the club as his vehicle to give his mates jobs, which vicariously gives him power. Gibson, akin to his Tory leaning ways, is obsessed with power and controls the media by keeping the Evening Gazette and BBC Tees toting the party lines. I don't blame the Evening Gazette sports team, it's just Gibson and the Club using their power to remove any meaningful scrutiny that the club have. The Club have got Neil Maddison on the payroll with his job within the club. Slaven got sacked in that role after becoming too outspoken. Gibson is doing everything in his power to avoid scrutiny. If he bothered to put the same practices that he puts into avoiding scrutiny, into organising the club into being successful on the pitch then we wouldn't be in this mess. There are many parallels between how the Club control the media and how the Tories get an easy ride from the right wing press. The only time when we've been successful in the past decade is when Karanka and Orta took control away from Gibson. Either side of Karanka being here we've wasted money on garbage signings and knee jerked between unsuccessful managers who were either unproven and unprepared to be a manager or dinosaur managers. I also don't like how when Karanka and Orta left Gibson got the Evening Gazette to launch a smear campaign on them. It was very dirty by Gibson.

The way I think Gibson views the club is that as he puts loads of millions into MFC then he can do whatever he wants. The mantra is basically that the fans are meaningless and that Gibson is infallible like a medieval King or Pope. I think the Club would be by far better off if there was more scrutiny of decisions, both within itself about appointments to senior positions, like could anyone have warned Gibson about appointing Woodgate and Bevington into such influential positions?, and externally through the media; There were eyebrows raised on here about both those appointments, yet the club saw no issue and the Evening Gazette and BBC Tees didn't scrutinise the decisions. It has just produced propaganda on behalf of Woodgate and the club. We're teetering on the brink of relegation to League One, and its abundantly clear that Gibson is completely mismanaging the club. We desperately need a Director of Football in the Summer to take away the power from Gibson's incompetent hands. Hopefully we can somehow salvage this season so that we're not walking out as a League One side in August. It's incredibly worrying times.

What a post

22 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Steve Gibson's primary concern is to have total control and likes to see the club as his vehicle to give his mates jobs, which vicariously gives him power. Gibson, akin to his Tory leaning ways, is obsessed with power and controls the media by keeping the Evening Gazette and BBC Tees toting the party lines. I don't blame the Evening Gazette sports team, it's just Gibson and the Club using their power to remove any meaningful scrutiny that the club have. The Club have got Neil Maddison on the payroll with his job within the club. Slaven got sacked in that role after becoming too outspoken. Gibson is doing everything in his power to avoid scrutiny. If he bothered to put the same robust practices that he puts into avoiding scrutiny, into organising the club into being successful on the pitch then we wouldn't be in this mess. There are many parallels between how the Club control the media and how the Tories get an easy ride from the right wing press. The only time when we've been successful in the past decade is when Karanka and Orta took control away from Gibson. Either side of Karanka being here we've wasted money on garbage signings and knee jerked between unsuccessful managers who were either unproven and unprepared to be a manager or dinosaur managers. I also don't like how when Karanka and Orta left Gibson got the Evening Gazette to launch a smear campaign on them. It was very dirty by Gibson.

The way I think Gibson views the club is that as he puts loads of millions into MFC then he can do whatever he wants. The mantra is basically that the fans are meaningless and that Gibson is infallible like a medieval King or Pope. I think the Club would be by far better off if there was more scrutiny of decisions, both within itself about appointments to senior positions, such as could anyone have warned Gibson about appointing Woodgate and Bevington into such influential positions?, and externally through the media; There were eyebrows raised on here about both those appointments, yet the club saw no issue and the Evening Gazette and BBC Tees didn't scrutinise the decisions. It has just endlessly produced propaganda on behalf of Woodgate and the club. We're teetering on the brink of relegation to League One, and its abundantly clear that Gibson is completely mismanaging the club. We desperately need a Director of Football in the Summer to take away the power from Gibson's incompetent hands. Hopefully we can somehow salvage this season so that we're not walking out as a League One side in August. It's incredibly worrying times.

Great post. 

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I really wish he did...

1 hour ago, p_mards said:

Steve Gibson's primary concern is to have total control and likes to see the club as his vehicle to give his mates jobs, which vicariously gives him power. Gibson, akin to his Tory leaning ways, is obsessed with power and controls the media by keeping the Evening Gazette and BBC Tees toting the party lines. I don't blame the Evening Gazette sports team, it's just Gibson and the Club using their power to remove any meaningful scrutiny that the club have. The Club have got Neil Maddison on the payroll with his job within the club. Slaven got sacked in that role after becoming too outspoken. Gibson is doing everything in his power to avoid scrutiny. If he bothered to put the same robust practices that he puts into avoiding scrutiny, into organising the club into being successful on the pitch then we wouldn't be in this mess. There are many parallels between how the Club control the media and how the Tories get an easy ride from the right wing press. The only time when we've been successful in the past decade was when Karanka and Orta took control away from Gibson. Either side of Karanka being here we've wasted money on garbage signings and knee jerked between unsuccessful managers who were either unproven and unprepared to be a manager or dinosaur managers. I also don't like how when Karanka and Orta left Gibson got the Evening Gazette to launch a smear campaign on them. It was very dirty by Gibson.

The way I think Gibson views the club is that as he puts loads of millions into MFC then he can do whatever he wants. The mantra is basically that the fans are meaningless and that Gibson is infallible like a medieval King or Pope. I think the Club would be by far better off if there was more scrutiny of decisions, both within itself about appointments to senior positions, such as could anyone have warned Gibson about appointing Woodgate and Bevington into such influential positions?, and externally through the media; There were eyebrows raised on here about both those appointments, yet the club saw no issue and the Evening Gazette and BBC Tees didn't scrutinise the decisions. It has just endlessly produced propaganda on behalf of Woodgate and the club. We're teetering on the brink of relegation to League One, and its abundantly clear that Gibson is completely mismanaging the club. We desperately need a Director of Football in the Summer to take away the power from Gibson's incompetent hands. Hopefully we can somehow salvage this season so that we're not walking out as a League One side in August. It's incredibly worrying times.

Tory-bashing aside...its a pretty plausible explanation as to why the club is in such a mess. 👍

I think its been long enough now that Gibson should no longer be untouchable, just because he saved the club, over 30 years ago. He needs to start being held to account for some of the very strange and damaging decisions that have been made over the last 10 years or so.