oneBoro Forum

Should Jonathan Woodgate be sacked?

Should Woodgate be sacked?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should Woodgate be sacked?

6 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

Look at it from another way, those episodes of kitchen nightmares where Ramsay went to a restaurant that belonged in the 90s, on the wall are pictures of articles and awards from the 90s and you have the owner still clinging on to those times. First thing Ramsay does is tell him to either change or step aside.

Trouble is, Ramsey always comes in and says the same thing, reduce the menu size and use locally sourced produce. We’ve tried both of those and we are still in trouble. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Gibson's primary concern is to have total control and likes to see the club as his vehicle to give his mates jobs, which vicariously gives him power. Gibson, akin to his Tory leaning ways, is ob

This post absolutely nails it and is by far the biggest problem with the club. The Media are absolutely terrified to criticize the club and point the finger, afraid of being excluded from the club lik

Well we will have to agree to disagree. Woodgate has not put a baby in the bath water to throw out. Not even an embryo. He has not developed a style of play, settled team or delivered on his vision of

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Johnny A said:

Well done. A good, articulate comment. Refreshing to read a post that is well put together and free from puerile personal attacks.

Super piece, and in my opinion, hit the nail on the head, as much as I thanked SG for saving the Club in 86,i have to slam him now for turning a blind eye to our current position. If we fall into League 1,and,i fear we will, we will be almost back to where we were 34 years ago. We learn nothing, experienced Manager wins tournament, gets us to European final, then leaves, rookie appointed, Karanka achieves success in a sort, the appoint rookie, and so it goes on. We are a pathetic excuse of a football club at present, and the fans deserve much much more.

• Like 1

86 was a long long time ago, he’s used up all that goodwill. I got slated a few years ago for daring to suggest ghat Gibson had his flaws and felt that he was bigger than the club. I don’t see that anything has changed since then, ticket prices are ridiculously high and he has the audacity to ask people to renew when we don’t even know which division we’ll be in. 

25 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

86 was a long long time ago, he’s used up all that goodwill. I got slated a few years ago for daring to suggest ghat Gibson had his flaws and felt that he was bigger than the club. I don’t see that anything has changed since then, ticket prices are ridiculously high and he has the audacity to ask people to renew when we don’t even know which division we’ll be in. 

It's hardly audacious to release season ticket renewals is it? In fact wouldn't it be an insanely awful business move to not try and get people to renew? It would be risking the financial future of the club wouldn't it?  Gibson definitely has his flaws but this seems an odd point to criticise him for! 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Teacider said:

It's hardly audacious to release season ticket renewals is it? In fact wouldn't it be an insanely awful business move to not try and get people to renew? It would be risking the financial future of the club wouldn't it?  Gibson definitely has his flaws but this seems an odd point to criticise him for! 

I disagree to a certain extent, I bet whoever was responsible for publishing that on the website done it through squinted eyes.  Agreed it's a commercial decision to get it back out as early as possible but it's like a car maker having loads of issues with their vehicles and then saying the new model is out, it might be ok but then again it might be a bag of ***.  Please buy one, from the car manufacturers point of view they need to sell regardless of their product having faults...

It's just a bit cheeky when it's all a sack of turd.

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, Teacider said:

It all falls on deaf ears anyway, we can moan and groan as much as we want to but nothing will have an impact.

The only action which would be noticed is mass walk outs and banners protesting outside the ground, something MFC fans have never done and will suggest will never do.

There is far too much of what SG did in 86 over riding the current situation and if we do stay up plenty of ammunition to get away from fans concerns and then start all over again with a clean slate 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

It all falls on deaf ears anyway, we can moan and groan as much as we want to but nothing will have an impact.

The only action which would be noticed is mass walk outs and banners protesting outside the ground, something MFC fans have never done and will suggest will never do.

There is far too much of what SG did in 86 over riding the current situation and if we do stay up plenty of ammunition to get away from fans concerns and then start all over again with a clean slate 

This is the problem, how do you show the club that you are unhappy with the way it's being run? 

I wouldn't like to see anti-Gibson banners or protests at games, I think that would be really sad to see. 

For me my only way of protesting this season was not buying a season ticket which I'd had since Ayresome Park. Does it make any difference though? Probably not. 

I think the best way of protesting would be mass walk out during a game where we are losing. If the ground was virtually empty at full time then it might send a powerful message. 

I would never criticise fans who renewed their season tickets this season, without you the club would be screwed. However I think this is also part of the problem, when 15k fans renew their tickets is it making Gibson think they are all happy with the current direction? 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Duvel said:

This is the problem, how do you show the club that you are unhappy with the way it's being run? 

I wouldn't like to see anti-Gibson banners or protests at games, I think that would be really sad to see. 

For me my only way of protesting this season was not buying a season ticket which I'd had since Ayresome Park. Does it make any difference though? Probably not. 

I think the best way of protesting would be mass walk out during a game where we are losing. If the ground was virtually empty at full time then it might send a powerful message. 

I would never criticise fans who renewed their season tickets this season, without you the club would be screwed. However I think this is also part of the problem, when 15k fans renew their tickets is it making Gibson think they are all happy with the current direction? 

Good post Duvel however MFC have witnessed many mass walkouts at games. The stadium is virtually empty from the 80th minute onwards as many fans do leave early.

What would be noticed is if losing at half time no one showed up for the second half.

Actually we will win again and many would not want to miss that!

44 minutes ago, Teacider said:

It’s very early, next season doesn’t start until August, it’s only February, surely the club will have to reduce prices when we are in the 1st division, no one in their right mind will pay premier league prices for third division football with Woodgate at the helm. They could hang on a couple of months  

As far as the managerial situation goes, I can totally see why he wants to keep Woodgate on, if he sacks him, his reputation will be shot, he’ll probably not manage again and that’s no way to treat a good friend, but don’t take the Micheal out of the supporters as well, prices are very high as it is. 

• Like 1

But not sacking Woodgate to help him out in the future is having a detriment to our club. 

Hes had 30 games to get it right and he hasnt. This is the problem when your first job is a championship club. Sometimes you have to start off at the lower ladder so you're not learning in a high stake environment. 

The fact that Gibson is clinging on to Woodgate is probably what is *** everyone off the most. He wouldnt do it for anyone else, so why now with SO much on the line?!

1 minute ago, ManBearPig said:

But not sacking Woodgate to help him out in the future is having a detriment to our club. 

Hes had 30 games to get it right and he hasnt. This is the problem when your first job is a championship club. Sometimes you have to start off at the lower ladder so you're not learning in a high stake environment. 

The fact that Gibson is clinging on to Woodgate is probably what is *** everyone off the most. He wouldnt do it for anyone else, so why now with SO much on the line?!

I know, but I think that’s what it boils down to and with no board to influence him, it really is up to Gibbo. It’s fine, I’ve accepted that it’s his club and he can do what he wants, I don’t even live in the area so I have many other options, unfortunately many others don’t have that choice. 

42 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I would expect that he uses whatever positive figures he can to suggest the majority of the fan-base is fine with what is going on. The problem is that some like myself just like going to the match, it's my first full season ticket and I just love going, win, lose or draw, and we do an awful lot of the latter two! It's part of people's lives and the majority won't change that for the world.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

I would expect that he uses whatever positive figures he can to suggest the majority of the fan-base is fine with what is going on. The problem is that some like myself just like going to the match, it's my first full season ticket and I just love going, win, lose or draw, and we do an awful lot of the latter two! It's part of people's lives and the majority won't change that for the world.

That's how I felt for years, I could never envision myself Sat at home when the match was on. Now I just feel miserable and angry every time I'm at the ground so it's better off that I'm not there. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

It's been mentioned to death, but sacking Woodgate, will have no real impact on the the long term issues that the club has. 

Short term it'll potentially help us stay in the league. But then come summer it'll be back to square one again.

There's been no indication that he's adapting or improving the situation, if we keep him on then there's a very real risk that he continues to flounder in League One.