oneBoro Forum

Should Jonathan Woodgate be sacked?

Should Woodgate be sacked?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should Woodgate be sacked?

This moron's somehow about to take a 40 million pound squad to league 1 and everyone just collectively shrugs, our last 3rd division relegation was in 1986 when we barely had 11 players to field. The fact people are talking resignation when really he should be sacked is astounding it shows how expectations of what we are as a club have fell, if our chairman had an ounce of guts he'd have axed him 2 weeks ago after backing him in January yet seeing no real change in results.

People talk about Sunderland/Ipswich but they did not have the assets we have I mean devastating is an understatement. The task 3 weeks ago was 4 wins to survive relegation 3 weeks later we still need 4 wins, he should be sacked we can rinse Gibson and Bausor all day after but we need stabilizing the past few weeks have made it painfully obvious he's taking us down.

• Like 5
  • Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Gibson's primary concern is to have total control and likes to see the club as his vehicle to give his mates jobs, which vicariously gives him power. Gibson, akin to his Tory leaning ways, is ob

This post absolutely nails it and is by far the biggest problem with the club. The Media are absolutely terrified to criticize the club and point the finger, afraid of being excluded from the club lik

Well we will have to agree to disagree. Woodgate has not put a baby in the bath water to throw out. Not even an embryo. He has not developed a style of play, settled team or delivered on his vision of

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I just hope when he goes, which will likely be soon, we don't fall back into defensive dinosaur country. I couldn't take another Pulis reign. 

Out of interest who would people like to see?

I'd personally like us to look abroad for someone doing big things in a smaller league. As crap as we are being in the championship is still a big pull for likely every manager outside the top half of the bundesliga, seria A and La Liga. Another shout I'd put forward is Lee Bowyer. Done well at Charlton despite zero backing and a shocking injury ravaged team. 

We wont have time for a foreign manager it would have to be someone who knows and understands the league. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

This moron's somehow about to take a 40 million pound squad to league 1 and everyone just collectively shrugs, our last 3rd division relegation was in 1986 when we barely had 11 players to field. The fact people are talking resignation when really he should be sacked is astounding it shows how expectations of what we are as a club have fell, if our chairman had an ounce of guts he'd have axed him 2 weeks ago after backing him in January yet seeing no real change in results.

People talk about Sunderland/Ipswich but they did not have the assets we have I mean devastating is an understatement. The task 3 weeks ago was 4 wins to survive relegation 3 weeks later we still need 4 wins, he should be sacked we can rinse Gibson and Bausor all day after but we need stabilizing the past few weeks have made it painfully obvious he's taking us down.

Problem is mate, gibson has far too much pride and won't sack him. We all knew that it's wasn't the best appointment.

18 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I just hope when he goes, which will likely be soon, we don't fall back into defensive dinosaur country. I couldn't take another Pulis reign. 

Out of interest who would people like to see?

I'd personally like us to look abroad for someone doing big things in a smaller league. As crap as we are being in the championship is still a big pull for likely every manager outside the top half of the bundesliga, seria A and La Liga. Another shout I'd put forward is Lee Bowyer. Done well at Charlton despite zero backing and a shocking injury ravaged team. 

I'm not sure we'd get him but short term I think Warnock would keep us in this division good man  management skills, beyond that Big Sam would do a similar job, its about staying up.

24 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

If so I hope the local media finally show some guts and ask some difficult questions. He’s had an extremely easy ride from the press 

Absolute no chance. They are to busy licking his *** trying to be all pally with him, asking the same general question every presser. 
The ‘journalism’ from the Gazette, BBC, Echo is appalling. 
Some of the recent Gazette pieces, are honestly laughable. They are either truly deluded, and don’t have a clue what’s going on or they are scared of asking proper questions. 

If we are looking for someone who knows the league and knows how to organise a defence from which to build a foundation upon. Knows how to start grinding out some wins and who is currently available and may be he has that something to take us into next season and beyond as we rebuild then maybe we need to dig out our Red Karankerchiefs.

It may mean swallowing some pride but after the last disaster I doubt there is no area of face without egg firmly splattered on any way so may as well go the whole hog. I think he could keep us up and if so I'd be willing to let him remain in charge and start all over again. The previous dressing room bust up/clashes were seemingly with a Teesside Clique that have or will shortly all be gone. Its probably more realistic than Hughton and would allow all parties a chance to mend fences and rebuild credibility. I think it would also reasonably gain the acceptance and support of most fans. No doubt there would be some sceptics as there always will be but right now we need a non nonsense hit the ground running person and having been here before would settle in quickly which given the remaining time frame is critical.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Problem is mate, gibson has far too much pride and won't sack him. We all knew that it's wasn't the best appointment.

That's the number 1 issue with our club, we always have to psycho analyze what Steve Gibson thinks for years all we've heard is no one wants to buy a small north east club no one wants to move north we're a *hole yet you look around and somehow Rockliffe grounds as an asset of MFC is worth close to 9 figures maybe that's a hurdle rather than Middlesbrough estates? What do I know though we're all morons and the bloke about to write 19 million pounds off in free transfers in June is a genius.

Woodgate needs 4 wins from 11 to keep us up and he has a worse win% than Maddren who took us down to the 3rd in 1986 under severe circumstances I hate this pity party atmosphere people have had all season a party apparently hosted by our chairman this is taking a football club from 7th to League 1 with a squad worth 40 million and apparently prodigal youngsters I've never seen anything like it everyone involved needs booting out of the club start with Woodgate then Bausor it's infuriating how we're in a situation with 11 games left to need a near 50% win rate.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

We wont have time for a foreign manager it would have to be someone who knows and understands the league. 

Honestly, I don't think we do need that to avoid relegation. I think we just need someone who can set up a team to win points for the rest of the season with whatever longer term strategy to be executed from next season onwards. I think if someone is good enough to actually be a long term appointment and deliver on the long term goals, they'll surely be good enough to get this squad of players out of this level of bother in 11 games first too. Everyone keeps saying that this squad is much better than the position we're in and any manager worth their salt could do better than Woodgate. If that's true, there's no need to panic and appoint a crappy short-term alternative to Woodgate.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Everyone keeps saying that this squad is much better than the position we're in and any manager worth their salt could do better than Woodgate. If that's true, there's no need to panic and appoint a crappy short-term alternative to Woodgate.

I don't think the squad is better than our league position. People will argue some individuals might have shown greater ability in the past but not now. Can't wait for the rebuild. 

Woodgate Presser

I was most pleased that we matched Leeds. (not true)

Disappointed with the result but we matched them. (nope. 2 shots, no goals)

We concentrate on ourselves and do the right thing. (which would be quitting)

I thought the energy was there as a team. (means nothing)

I thought the workrate was there and the desire was there. (shame about the last few games)

I thought Hayden was very good. (yep)

The buck stops with me, I’m the manager and I take the pressure.

I’m the one who takes it on the chin and I try to take the pressure off my players.

I said as soon as I got this job that there was pressure.  (pressure, pressure, pressure)

• Like 2

The buck stops with me.

I’l work on the confidence of the players, encourage them and not kill the confidence. (what confidence?  no wins in 9, form, can't score)

I totally understand that the fans are restless.

But it’s important that they are behind us.  (behind the team, not behind you, you bellend)

• Like 1