oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Should Jonathan Woodgate be sacked?

Should Woodgate be sacked?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should Woodgate be sacked?

Woodgate should of gone to a club like Craig Hignet did to see if he is cut out for management as the answer is NO

• Like 1

Gibson tossed a financial based coin and called heads

It  came down tail side up

Simple as that 

• Like 1

For me, it’s all gone down hill since we signed the new guys. I can’t even remember the lads name as I type this who got injured against Derby. But from that match on, conceding the equaliser in the last min, it’s all gone wrong since then. He has chopped and changed and tinkered with the team that was doing well. Makoudi was suppose to release McNair into midfield yet he’s been dropped. Spence has been dropped. Shotton had a good game last night in fairness but why are we going back to all the old players? The young lads spiced things up and we were getting results. Now they are getting the blame for our league position which is more to do with all the tinkering of formations and the personnel coming back in than it is to be blaming the kids like he did after Barnsley. If I was one of the kids reading that I would take it as a huge kick in the teeth.

I could not believe we took him on as manager and I can’t believe he is still here. Absolutely criminal. I do wonder if he would place someone as bad at their job in charge of Bulkhaul and leave it to go bust? I think not so why are we doing it with the club?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

Wouldn't like to make that promise, cos I reckon Richie Wellens could easily out-think Woodgate. Mind you, the way we're going, I think Richie from Bottom could out-think him.

Or this fella...

image.png.282db83b66d842b839a3c1109cabd7b6.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yarm79 said:

For me, it’s all gone down hill since we signed the new guys. I can’t even remember the lads name as I type this who got injured against Derby. But from that match on, conceding the equaliser in the last min, it’s all gone wrong since then. He has chopped and changed and tinkered with the team that was doing well. Makoudi was suppose to release McNair into midfield yet he’s been dropped. Spence has been dropped. Shotton had a good game last night in fairness but why are we going back to all the old players? The young lads spiced things up and we were getting results. Now they are getting the blame for our league position which is more to do with all the tinkering of formations and the personnel coming back in than it is to be blaming the kids like he did after Barnsley. If I was one of the kids reading that I would take it as a huge kick in the teeth.

I could not believe we took him on as manager and I can’t believe he is still here. Absolutely criminal. I do wonder if he would place someone as bad at their job in charge of Bulkhaul and leave it to go bust? I think not so why are we doing it with the club?

Agree with this totally. Can’t for the life of me understand why we changed everything, the team was doing well, the signings made sense to fit the formation we were playing. It was Roberts that went off against derby and that does seem to have been a huge turning point.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Agree with this totally. Can’t for the life of me understand why we changed everything, the team was doing well, the signings made sense to fit the formation we were playing. It was Roberts that went off against derby and that does seem to have been a huge turning point.

Who’s knows where we’d be if Roberts didn’t get injured and McNair took away that penna...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

He was NOT the fans choice. He was Gibson's choice and it was pretty clear before he was appointed that we did not want him as a manger or head coach. Our concerns were completely dismissed then, and are still being dismissed. This is not down to unrealistic expectations. Most have been highlighting a mid-table finish as what should be achievable with the players we have and now simply want to stay in the Championship - both of which would have been realistic under a manger with a basic level of competence.  People gave Woody time (way more time than they would have given anyone else) but that does not mean he was our choice.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Changing Times said:

He wasn't the fan's choice.  He was a fan's choice - Gibson.

Maybe they put the apostrophe in on purpose but I think they meant the fans choice.

As you say, the fan’s choice is far more apt. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, White Band said:

He was NOT the fans choice. He was Gibson's choice and it was pretty clear before he was appointed that we did not want him as a manger or head coach. Our concerns were completely dismissed then, and are still being dismissed. This is not down to unrealistic expectations. Most have been highlighting a mid-table finish as what should be achievable with the players we have and now simply want to stay in the Championship - both of which would have been realistic under a manger with a basic level of competence.  People gave Woody time (way more time than they would have given anyone else) but that does not mean he was our choice.

Where do they find these people? 🤦‍♂️

Rather insulting the intelligence of Boro fans to suggest a majority actually wanted him to take the job.

55 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Where do they find these people? 🤦‍♂️

Rather insulting the intelligence of Boro fans to suggest a majority actually wanted him to take the job.

It's TalkSport drive time mate - they are a couple of wind up merchants who say outlandish sh*t to get people to phone in and air their disagreements.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

Woodgate should of gone to a club like Craig Hignet did to see if he is cut out for management as the answer is NO

I've never understood this trend for ex-players jumping in the deep end with PL or Championship clubs. Whatever happened to learning the ropes at a non-league or lower division club, where the pressure and expectation isn't nearly as high?

If you're good enough, you'll get noticed by bigger clubs.

• Like 1

Our goal scoring record has got  to the point like in the premiership season under Karanka that the best you can hope for is a 0-0 and if the opposition score it's game over 🥴

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

I've never understood this trend for ex-players jumping in the deep end with PL or Championship clubs. Whatever happened to learning the ropes at a non-league or lower division club, where the pressure and expectation isn't nearly as high?

If you're good enough, you'll get noticed by bigger clubs.

I think its because if you fail at the top you can try a level below and you have a handful of ready made excuses.

If you start low down the ladder and fail there is no where to go.